Are they not planning on resetting the leaderboards?!?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Thank You, Mr. spoonman!.. For calling me out as a cheater, even though I really know I am not. I had plans this weekend but, I will go to every end of the Earth to prove my honesty. My lady-friend was not happy about this but, she saw a fire in my eyes that she says she hadn't seen before. (For that, both of us should be thanking you. ;) ) As a student of Buddhist/Taoist/Zen philosophies, all I can say is that you pushed a button here.

All weekend long, over the course of no more than a dozen separate games, I had fun with the leaderboard. I had the high score then, after a while, someone else claimed it. Then, I would reclaim it for my own, deliberately stopping after enough was just enough. Repeat that process two more times. If it weren't for the fact that I was busy on the side, I am fairly certain I would have achieved (or surpassed) my previous score. The cream is gonna rise to the top. I'll have my place up there again.

As it stands of this posting, I'm at the #1 spot. Where are you at?

*this post is to be considered in the spirit of competition (I believe that was the point of your initial complaint)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

I'm at #11!! Oh wait, you didn't ask me. :(

I've was having a blast doing one-up competition with another player on CFTBL until it stopped registering my scores for some reason. Now I'm having fun just trying to crack the top ten on MB (I've already bested my previous best, so I'm somewhat happy). I would love nothing more than to come within a stones throw of Squid's ever amazing scores, cause dude can obviously play. This is why I wish FarSight would reset ALL the learderboards on a regular basis. It just makes revisiting the game more fun. Is it fun for anyone to see the same top scores month after month? In any game or sport, the thing that keeps people coming back is not the records that remain frozen for years, but the fact that at the beginning of any season, everyone starts on equal ground and for a few weeks, nobody is out of reach. So right now with MB, I feel like I have a shot at topping Squid for a little while, until he knuckles down and just puts everyone in his rear view. And that's fun.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This is why I wish FarSight would reset ALL the learderboards on a regular basis. It just makes revisiting the game more fun. Is it fun for anyone to see the same top scores month after month?
The leaderboards (at least the 360 ones) have weekly and monthly sections as well. So I think your wish has already been granted...?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thank You, Mr. spoonman!.. For calling me out as a cheater, even though I really know I am not. I had plans this weekend but, I will go to every end of the Earth to prove my honesty. My lady-friend was not happy about this but, she saw a fire in my eyes that she says she hadn't seen before. (For that, both of us should be thanking you. ;) ) As a student of Buddhist/Taoist/Zen philosophies, all I can say is that you pushed a button here.

All weekend long, over the course of no more than a dozen separate games, I had fun with the leaderboard. I had the high score then, after a while, someone else claimed it. Then, I would reclaim it for my own, deliberately stopping after enough was just enough. Repeat that process two more times. If it weren't for the fact that I was busy on the side, I am fairly certain I would have achieved (or surpassed) my previous score. The cream is gonna rise to the top. I'll have my place up there again.

*this post is to be considered in the spirit of competition (I believe that was the point of your initial complaint)

Well it wasn't calling you out directly when saying that.
I do know a lot of those scores were bogus because many of them had come clean and admitted to exploiting the glitch.

I'm glad you are having fun with getting your score back again and congrats for being on top again!

I had a great first game and ended up at #12, but now I dropped down to #72.

All I knew for sure is that the first 2 scores were bogus (99,998,388,700)

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
As I said, a button was pushed. This weekend was pretty fun. (I just realized that post about my weekend could be considered to be quite the double entendre. It was that good, it affected me on a subconscious level. Merci Beaucoup, Monsieur Spoonman!)

I can see your side of things. If I came off as hostile, I do apologize.
Being stern?.. that's another matter.

All that being said, I'm sure you gotta have some scores that are over mine. There are quite a few tables that I can't dig on.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I do find it odd that they reset the leaderboards - but didn't delete local saves. What's the point of resetting the leaderboard if your own local high scores are (potentially) bogus? Makes no sense.

That said, I had good over the weekend and nearly tripled my previous high score (from 233,000,000 to 640,000,000). For a brief moment in time, I am/was in the top 130 for this table, so I'm happy with that. Would have been higher but I lost a ball trying to do a dead flipper pass from left to right and the ball, despite rocketing straight down onto the left flipper, didn't bounce and instead rolled directly into the drain. :mad:

Now if I could just figure out the timing on the shot needed to get Lyman's Lament...

Tabe

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
As I said, a button was pushed. This weekend was pretty fun. (I just realized that post about my weekend could be considered to be quite the double entendre. It was that good, it affected me on a subconscious level. Merci Beaucoup, Monsieur Spoonman!)

I can see your side of things. If I came off as hostile, I do apologize.
Being stern?.. that's another matter.

All that being said, I'm sure you gotta have some scores that are over mine. There are quite a few tables that I can't dig on.

Not a problem. A little friendly competition helps make pinball more fun IMO.

The table I am probably best at is Whirlwind. Unfortunately it's not on TPA.... (yet). I was #3 on the PS3 leaderboards for a while on that one.
It was also with tilt turned off though so who knows who good I actually am at that one. I didn't used to nudge much back then.

I do find it odd that they reset the leaderboards - but didn't delete local saves. What's the point of resetting the leaderboard if your own local high scores are (potentially) bogus? Makes no sense.
Tabe

Farsight has no authority over your local game saves and that's where your score is saved. Unfortunately you would have to delete your save to wipe it.
Perhaps they can add a way to reset your score in the options for each table.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Well, there goes my legit score. Sigh. I guess it's for the best, really. I take it the Frank bug has actually been fixed?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Well, there goes my legit score. Sigh. I guess it's for the best, really. I take it the Frank bug has actually been fixed?

Yes, according to Farsight and no according to all 360 owners. I can't keep track anymore.

Good news: Now that we have completely eradicated the Monster Bash scoring bug on ALL platforms, we have reset all leaderboards for that table!

Posted under that
the Xbox version didn't get updated after pack#3

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.