Article on Big Bang Bar up

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
sweet. one day.....

There was one at the Allentown Pinfest last year. They were charging $1 per play for charity. I had a couple of games, reasonable first impression I guess!

qA1moby_-TCHX5dkz0CD31MokNcrqU51l6YzV6Eu2VJf7UUfjvvq-9KpfQgWkc0x3Bdk1MQHHW5WqpA3pSNgAPAFQ1oWBN1aonuQGtEOqz33y0uFcXxEs-m9s_HQKzr14cQrMAwEzYsrZVeDYHBglJzI_w1FpHUoL4R_txpRmy9A6FQ5tB9wZMwtMw_mdwuKHlMLC-KkNLW8aL1Ci3Ap9J9xliE7o7CUH1_hLYhiBcqCzh68TysB85r_yS8zGQCmb1YmQWp0EejcW1FoMh1IkvFwaQqEd6yGlnUJAeSW503pUbJS52pEODoMmnAm4nrlhzMlWWTyZ1YB0nhrlHAisp77_7Aa7C-fhwGy1iemNv86g_1bi-BSLs6cSZpWnFgnkadGDkjtLCf8z41LIwMzhBoqmFH95Owm1RiwVhQJECMGB1ioO7AFp99LK0R4CW_OklBowY8fSjRodkmiQoZEquT-I8Np7XeDrnmX8T9udmHstpEJ9ilZyNo5oOd87woK8kBUd9zVWV6zEvcPeShOdOM3oU8pNf92rlIMfreG7cp8oQgxf8nds8be0YaoPVzrcRxgGhyU6-KInW0yXzK4NPdJ80j1gptL_crONU_0j5czitrO-Z1-DjVFKyJIFKP5S-_-51VUVhYp_ceuGfCKRn9tBf9qfSkky6_OdqjNXA=w509-h904-no

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
WOW, not many times i say a "MUST-READ," but well worth your time! mystery, intrigue, even a bit of romance... and a lot of heartache.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
great read, ignore the money issues(seems the buyers were happy in the end) and see a crazy pinballer doing his thing.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That was an exceptional article. I was glued to my screen while reading it. The end is heartbreaking. No spoilers.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I read over on polygon a commenator mentioned theres something in capcoms boards thats hardto emulate? does anyone have anything more to say or that or some links to details, i knew that could be sobs with some of their arcade machines.

Is a custom security chip or some form preventing custom boards being made?

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Wow!
What a fascinating article!!

Here's a video showing where at least one of those "Big Bang Bar" reproductions ended up:
https://youtu.be/Qm6sTTqcBww

All of the participants in that video comment on the quality of the reproduction; and now we know that the seller lost a significant amount of money on each sale.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
sorry to ask again but has anyone any info on why capcom boards are difficult to emulate/replicate? really curious

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thank you for posting [MENTION=4746]zmcvay[/MENTION]

Who would farsight need to negotiate with to get Capcom in game now? The banks?

Thank you to Gene, even though I have never seen a BBB I appriciate the efforts and feel for him on his losses, he made a huge contribution to pinball history now it's farsight turn :)

sorry to ask again but has anyone any info on why capcom boards are difficult to emulate/replicate? really curious

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5244-Capcom-emulation-is-already-a-reality

Looks like its because of it having to work on mobile devices, I too would like to read what some more tech savvy members have to say about it

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Thank you for posting [MENTION=4746]zmcvay[/MENTION]

Who would farsight need to negotiate with to get Capcom in game now? The banks?

Thank you to Gene, even though I have never seen a BBB I appriciate the efforts and feel for him on his losses, he made a huge contribution to pinball history now it's farsight turn :)

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5244-Capcom-emulation-is-already-a-reality

Looks like its because of it having to work on mobile devices, I too would like to read what some more tech savvy members have to say about it

That thread - particularly sellenoff's comments, since he is the guy who wrote all the emulation code for TPA - should be essential reading for anyone. Particularly the bits about why they didn't end up emulating DCS (and other sound systems) - I was already aware that they abandoned that effort because it didn't sound as good as direct sound recordings, but maybe some doubters will quiet down if they get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I cant figure out if i missed that thread back when or my drink sozzled mind blanked it out, ive been wanting to read farsights emulation code for years, and had forgotten slenoff used to post...oppps

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.