ASK interview.. when?

night

May 18, 2012
Hey guys, how about the ASK interview, when is it finished? If it is in written form, why not post it here? No reason to hear it on Blahcade, no extra work is needed, just post it! :)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I tell you, I have no clue what Blahcade is anyway, is that an interview you can listen to? :confused:

Oh in that case, do yourself a favor and switch over to the Blahcade #17 thread. Download and listen. Jared and Bonzo do a great job of making the interview fun to listen to. It's the official podcast for TPA. do yourself even more of a favor and listen to the previous podcasts

I recommend podcast #3 (last half). They've made it available on a bunch of mediums, so it shouldn't be hard to find

**SYT is probably going to kick me in the face for that. But that last half of #3 is hilarious! I even showed it to a female friend of mine and had her laughing, and she doesn't know anything about pinball. It's the QUIZ segment, I'll leave it at that. There should be more quiz segments!

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Specifically @ 46.30 on podcast #3

SYT, please don't kill me for this. *ducks away in the corner*

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
To be more 'on topic', all of your questions will be answered in the ASK interview and more. These guys are killin it.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Alright, even though I feel I've worn out my welcome. I tend to do that. I can't hold it in about what Zsolt said about a pinball editor. Basically, they want to make it possible for us to create our own pinball tables. How awesome is that? That's what I like about ASK. Well this is possible, so let's go ahead and make that a goal. That's why I'm so excited about having that ability, because ASK will work on it, and make it possible soon. Unlike PAD. But when you listen to the interview on the #17 podcast, it was just a joke. But it got asked as a serious question. The latest podcast had me very excited about a pinball creation feature/app. I am a creative person by nature, so this is right up my alley. My thing is, I'm not going to pester ASK for this, just because it's been hinted at. Let's not stoop to that level. The thing to keep in mind is that the ability to create your own pinball table is on it's way. ...I shouldn't've given that away. I'm just very excited. You can understand right?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just hope there is a way to share these created pins. Maybe I'd like to have the extort or night creations to play.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I just hope there is a way to share these created pins. Maybe I'd like to have the extort or night creations to play.

Kindly say extork instead of extort. Or do you know how to push my buttons? It's all good. I'd make a Beast Wars themed pin. Can you imagine a transmetal 2 cheetor poppin out. I am such a nerd

night

May 18, 2012
If it would be possible to create our own pins than we are able to recreate a lot of vintage tables! We can even make projects, one person does the programming, the other the artworks and share these tables with the community.
But 'new' tables created from scratch would be awesome too.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
If it would be possible to create our own pins than we are able to recreate a lot of vintage tables! We can even make projects, one person does the programming, the other the artworks and share these tables with the community.
But 'new' tables created from scratch would be awesome too.

I'm basing this off of no knowledge whatsoever, but from what I understand we'll be able to create our own art, rules, ramps, spinners, gobble holes, the whole shebang

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
**SYT is probably going to kick me in the face for that. But that last half of #3 is hilarious! I even showed it to a female friend of mine and had her laughing, and she doesn't know anything about pinball. It's the QUIZ segment, I'll leave it at that. There should be more quiz segments!

Why would I kick you in the face for that? Sean was the one who was groaning through the entire segment! It is funny listening back to that though, when we had all those voices in the podcast. Kinda miss having a bit of that craziness.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Why would I kick you in the face for that? Sean was the one who was groaning through the entire segment! It is funny listening back to that though, when we had all those voices in the podcast. Kinda miss having a bit of that craziness.

Kick me in the face because I was promoting the segment that was total chaos. Appropriately named. Hell you want more total chaos just get my face on there. Problem is I don't know anything and I'm drunk

lio

Jul 24, 2013
That was a nice interview and now I'm even more impressed with the work that ASK delivers.

It will be really interesting to see what a future table editor will look like... "pinball" from "baKno games" for Android allows you to create tables but it is really too limiting and cumbersome to work with touch input on a small screen (also the physics are funky and all but it was nice to see someone attempt it on mobile). So if ASK have plans to offer a really flexible editor that can create completely new tables from scratch (like you can in VP/FP) I think that will only work well on PC/Mac. And I'm really interested in finding out how much of the "magic" their engine does on its own in terms of lighting and how much is artist work is required.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.