August Steam update

Jay

May 19, 2012
Magic Pixel did a nice job with this update. I like the new interface. I especially like now getting to see the entire machine cabinet. The new flipper sounds will take me a while to get used to. They're not bad, just very different. Some table sound effects have changed. Overall, I'm glad Magic Pixel is still putting so much effort into Zaccaria. That odd score display bug is still present. I'll be upgrading to Win10, so we'll see if that helps.

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
I like the new option for the backglass on a 2nd screen.
Does anyone know, if there is a way to set the backglass fullscreen...?:confused:

otherwise...it is a Beta-Feature. Maybe we will get some more options in the full release.
Let's hope...

Jay

May 19, 2012
I just finished updating to Windows 10 and that fixed the blank score glitch!

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Latest version is really great on a cab. Backglass support was super easy to enable: One click! Backglass images are ridiculously low-res for now -- probably pulled directly from iPad app. But, they work great. A few need to be resized as they're center screen and leave black bars on either side. But as a WIP, this is really promising!

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Zsolt,

Can we get beyond the current 100% setting on flipper tap pass? The flipper returns to resting position too quickly for me to flick-pass (tap pass) even when set to maximum.

Also, with my USB keyboard-mapper controller and xpadder (which lots of pincab owners use), the bug still persists in which I can't hold both flippers in the up position simultaneously: If I hold the right flipper in the up position, and press left flipper, the right one returns to resting position even though I'm still holding right flipper button. Vice versa with left flipper -- pressing right cancels the signal. This makes it impossible to cradle balls during multiball on your new tables, for example!

Here's a link to xpadder keyboard mapper: http://www.xpadder.com

Love watching you guys' app evolve. Thank you, Magic Pixel.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
Well, I spoke too soon. With the latest update, the blank score glitch is back. I play two tables in a row, and the next table will have a blank score display. If I quit and restart Zaccaria, I can play two more tables in a row until the display disappears again.

EDIT: I think I may have figured it out. I have a 4k display and I thought I'd get better a better frame rate by setting the game for 1080. For the heck of it, I set the game resolution to 4k and it seems to play fine. As a bonus, now the display bug seems to be gone.

Last edited:

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
"Mac OS X and Linux (SteamOS) are available now! Both new platforms use same datas and source codes and have same content and features as Windows platform. Cross-platform playing is also supported.Controllers are not supported at the moment. It will be implemented later!"
...very cool!!

Jay

May 19, 2012
Well, that's exciting! I'll have to check it out.

EDIT: I just downloaded it. It plays fantastic (and looks fantastic)! Thank you, Magic Pixel!

EDIT 2: There's a bug; after a few consecutive tables (seems to be a random amount, but so far not more than three), clicking on the next table causes the game to crash.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
I found another bug, similar to the one in Locomotion. In Earth Wind and Fire, I was on ball 6 and got an extra ball, which stopped the timer at 2.2 seconds. I knocked over both sets of drop targets twice (which lit the outlanes) and then lost the ball down the right outlane. That triggered another extra ball, but when I launched the ball the timer restarted and went to zero. The Bonus Ball light remained lit and I got a never-ending stream of bonus balls with a dead playfield.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
[MENTION=504]Jay[/MENTION] do you post on the Steam forums? Idk if they look at this forum anymore, if your bug reports are not already in the Steam Bugs forum I will send Zsolt a message and ask him to have a look here

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
[MENTION=504]Jay[/MENTION] do you post on the Steam forums? Idk if they look at this forum anymore, if your bug reports are not already in the Steam Bugs forum I will send Zsolt a message and ask him to have a look here

Hey Snorzel,

I'd apprediatec if Zsolt had a look this thread and at the xpadder bug I posted above. It's existed since release. I should make a Steam report too!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I sent Zsolt a pm, you all should post on the Steam forum they have dedicated bug and suggestion sections that are actively looked at. If any of you care to add me on steam I am currently Bastardo

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
Thanks, Snorzel. I filed a bug report on Steam. I'm finding a few other anomalies as well and will update there as I go along.

Members online

Members online