Bad Cats (all platform request)

karl

May 10, 2012
Everybody has there own opinion I happen to like the game understand that.i hope it comes to Tpa sick of people bashing it but everybody has there own opinion

I would never start a thread to bash any game but when someone ask what we think about a game, sure, why not. PS! I would call it a reflected view and not bashing ;)

Bad Cats is ok, but not great and in my humble opinion there are other system 11 tables I would want before it. But if/when it comes to tpa, I will be happy for those who want it

Last edited:

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
I do not take offense when it comes to good honest opinions. This is exactly what I wanted when I started this thread. I am glad to see there are some TPA die-hard such as myself that like this table and respect the opinions of the ones that do not care for this table.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's a fun light hearted pin with amusing sound and art (yes, I like meow ma meow meow). I do wish it had multiball, but I have the same minor gripe about Cyclone. For me it falls into a group of pins like Fire, Mousin' Around, Big Guns, Future Spa, and others that are not top twenty pins for me, but I am always happy to find and play.

These are moving up my want list because most of my favorite non-licensed SS pins are already in TPA. Fathom is probably my number 1 most wanted non-licensed SS pin not already part of TPA.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I do not take offense when it comes to good honest opinions. This is exactly what I wanted when I started this thread. I am glad to see there are some TPA die-hard such as myself that like this table and respect the opinions of the ones that do not care for this table.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion. I might not agree with rushdude2112 about bad cats but I bet we would definitely see eye to eye that Rush is the best band ever, supremely above all others!!!

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Good to see some love for my favourite power trio here! Back on topic, count me in as a Bad Cats fan. Sure it's not exactly top of my list, but I enjoy the table and would be glad to see it.

I seem to remember some time ago there was an interview with FS where they said the next 3 seasons (4, 5 and 6 I believe they were referring to) had been planned out. A few upcoming tables were teased, and along with Earthshaker, Cyclone, F14 and Safecracker, Bad Cats was a table they said was pencilled in for one of those seasons.

And no, I don't have a link. Anybody else remember this or was I just not taking my medication that day?

karl

May 10, 2012
I agree about Rush. Great band!

I bought Mousin' Around a while ago and I was really surprised how fun that game can be. Maybe that is the only problem I have with Bad Cats. I keep judging it against Mousin' Around. I bet I would have had a much better view of Bad Cats if I had not played Mousin'. They are pretty similar, both in theme and layout and they came out only a few months apart. Bad Cats is still cool, though.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
This is same designer that designed Pin*Bot, Bride of Pin*Bot and the most recent TPA table Jack*Bot. I just discovered this pin recently and it is a really fun table. What are the odds the TPA can do this table? The license for this pin should not be hard to acquire. I am not going to lie, the reviews for this table sucked, but in my opinion for TPA it would be a really fun table not only to play but also not hard for FS for to re-produce. What is the fans of TPA opinion of this table?

Thank you for creating this post and for table awareness. I grew up with Bad Cats in town. I no longer get to play it so of course I want it preserved. It has quite a charm and a great sound track. This is one of the reasons why I love pinball.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
If I had a stick of dynamite I could quite easily shove it in Bad Cats cab, and let Bowflex light the fuse. The only other table I dislilke that much is Going' Nuts

I am not trying to be controversial (promise!) but there something about it.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Get tired easily, do we ;) I did not say he was the lead designer. But i will humor you. "When he was making the art for it". There...better? (I'm only messing with ya. No offence)

Edit: I guess the reason for Python credit is because he was a lot more involved than most of the other artists and he had an unusual style that meant many recognize those games as Python games.

From that infamous topcast interview I think he said that he loved all the games he worked on, except for Bad Cats and Bugs Bunny. For the record, I tend to agree with him on that one

It wouldn't bother me if it didn't happen so frequently.

It would make more sense for you to say that Barry Oursler disliked working on Bad Cats, which is also a true statement.

All that said, I happen to like Bad Cats primarily because I think it has some of the best ramp shots that I've ever seen.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
That's because Cyclone has the same cat yelp sound found in Bad Cats, maybe one other reused sound effect.

There are a lot of reused sound effects in pinball, particularly when it's the same designer. Party Monsters and White Water both share the same siren-like noise. The one used when the ball is fired up to the upper playfield in White Water. Can't remember where it's used in Elvira.

Kalio

Oct 26, 2013
I've been hoping to see Bad Cats in TPA for a long time. I remember it being pretty fun to play in real life.

speedfreakz

Mar 15, 2014
Bad cats is okay. They have one at the pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. I haven't seen a mouse around in a long time. I think I would rather see mouse around

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.