Bug Ball through flipper problem is still there

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I've noticed this happen on several occasions, it happens more often than not when you have a ball travelling towards the flippers and you use another ball to try and deflect the incoming ball.

The flipped ball hits the other, then warps to the underside of the flipper and drains.

Is there any progress on fixing this?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've seen a few strange things when thrashing around with both flippers but its better than it was before.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The fix I had put in a little while ago should have fixed that. I'll see if I can recreate it. In the meantime if anyone can post a video of it, that would help.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
On TZ Ive had it go through and come back through and I hit it and kept it in play! :) on CV seen it go half way through the flipper without colliding with another ball. Its reproduced by trapping a ball and hitting an incoming ball.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It doesn't happen all the time very rarely now, it has gotten alot better. Maybe the way the flipper wants to go to full drop before you can shoot again has something to do with it?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Mike, would your fix have reached the PS3 yet? We've been playing catch-up as far as updates are concerned.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
The fix I had put in a little while ago should have fixed that. I'll see if I can recreate it. In the meantime if anyone can post a video of it, that would help.

wait what! you never saw it do this still, Medieval Madness seems to be the worst but TZ, SS does it too ill have to check other tables to remember again , its the collision detection on the Tip of the flippers, on Medieval Madness launch the ball on the tip also do nudges on the tips as well (TZ has done this while nudging a few times now it just pops up below the flipper like it did a matter transport) you have to nudge close to the tip to that might recreate it better you can also see the weird animation on Medieval Madness it kind of does this delay when you launch on the tip.

its gonna be hard to find a video with the newest patch if i could make videos i would send you all kinds of stuff,( i wish it was very rare SKILL_SHOT ) one thing i want to try is a reinstall of TPA again to see if it does anything.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm still seeing flukey behavior when the ball ricochets off the tips of both flippers in PS3 version 2.07, so I think--I hope! : o--your fix hasn't reached this platform yet.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
It's random but it's still there. I mostly see it in Scared stiff. It does so only when I try pressing left/right real fast trying to save the ball from going down the middle. It still looks like it goes through the right flipper

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In the latest versions I've not actually seen it happen. Not sure how i can clearly take video on android...hard enough on XBOX since I use a DSLR (like in my previous through the flippers vid) but that was on the xbox not android.

I have seen some strange behaviour at times.
Sometimes the ball seems to go through the flipper and get flung up like it's powered by an elastic band connected to the flipper rather than the flipper itself. Sometimes just some angles that really make me go HUH?.

Overall it's greatly improved. But i've done quite a few slap saves with no ghost flippers myself and I'm overall mostly satisfied with the progress. The newer tables have better flipper action too.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'm not sure. I forgot when my changes when in and when the latest Sony release was submitted.

I don't believe that fix has made it to the PS3 yet. I remember when it was announced someone said that the PS3 update with TZ, SS, and BS was already in process with Sony, so the flipper fix would have to wait until the next update. I think we're going to get it for the PS3 with STTNG.

Based on how often the ball was going through the flippers on Big Shot for me I certainly hope I'm right.

Mar 9, 2012
I don't believe that fix has made it to the PS3 yet. I remember when it was announced someone said that the PS3 update with TZ, SS, and BS was already in process with Sony, so the flipper fix would have to wait until the next update. I think we're going to get it for the PS3 with STTNG.

Based on how often the ball was going through the flippers on Big Shot for me I certainly hope I'm right.

Yep.. happens to me on Big Shot constantly!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts