Bug Ball through flipper problem is still there

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I haven't been able to reproduce it, so I'm guessing my fix isn't on the PS3 yet. If this is happening on Android or iOS let me know.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Just observed this again whilst playing Monster Bash, the deflected ball has to be in close proximity to the flipped flipper and the other ball, then it somehow jumps underneath the flipper.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Well Caveman up above said Big Shot was a issue for him. So that would be a single ball issue.
For me I would also say it was a lone ball just oddly ending up on the other side of my flipper.
I do think I had it once during a Scared Stiff multiball with them pretty close together when it happened

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
So would you say it seems like the one ball is knocking the other ball through the flipper?

It's the deflection off the other ball, it looks like the physics are skipping frames so it phases through the flipper (it's so fast it literally appears on the underside of the flipper with no frames showing it passing through the flipper).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well Caveman up above said Big Shot was a issue for him. So that would be a single ball issue.
For me I would also say it was a lone ball just oddly ending up on the other side of my flipper.
I do think I had it once during a Scared Stiff multiball with them pretty close together when it happened

Caveman was talking about PS3, which hasn't received the fix yet.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
It's the deflection off the other ball, it looks like the physics are skipping frames so it phases through the flipper (it's so fast it literally appears on the underside of the flipper with no frames showing it passing through the flipper).

That may be a separate issue from the one I fixed. I'll look into it some more. I can think of a scenario where if you flipped one ball up and it hit another ball right away and bounced back it may go through the flipper. Would be timing specific, but if that's what's happening I think I know of a way to fix it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If I remember correctly, you implemented the fix right before AFM and Genie came out on iOS and Android, so I don't think it has made it to PS3 yet.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
That may be a separate issue from the one I fixed. I'll look into it some more. I can think of a scenario where if you flipped one ball up and it hit another ball right away and bounced back it may go through the flipper. Would be timing specific, but if that's what's happening I think I know of a way to fix it.

there is a large gap we see when two balls collide a lot of the time sometimes two ball lengths, i think most of the ones i have had multiball was in effect.

thank you for talking to us about this stuff :) i hope its not a pain to fix

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts