Banzai Run!!!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I have no idea about this table but I've seen a few here who are pretty excited about it and I tend to be open to most tables released. I hope it gets in as long as it's not at the expense of the getaway

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I still don't think they'd be able to pull it off.

I'm surprised we haven't seen it already, which kind of gives me a bad feeling that we'll never see it.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i think fs need to back of releaseng realy "important" and iconic tables, like bunzai run, or paragon. taf will be good step in this way

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The VP version of banzai run is rather old but looks and plays pretty well. So if they could do it, FS should be able to as well.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
i think fs need to back of releaseng realy "important" and iconic tables, like bunzai run, or paragon. taf will be good step in this way

I don't think either of the tables you listed are considered "important"....otherwise, they'd be done already. lol

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I don't think either of the tables you listed are considered "important"....otherwise, they'd be done already. lol

Because "important" tables like Lights,Camera,Action have been done already. lol

Seriously - there are many factors I'm sure FS considers when doing a table - like actually being able to get a physical copy for starters.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Because "important" tables like Lights,Camera,Action have been done already. lol

Seriously - there are many factors I'm sure FS considers when doing a table - like actually being able to get a physical copy for starters.

+1

A table in good condition that's tuned well also.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

Good point, but again, I'm sure that was a table someone on the inside really wanted, much like "T2", because NOBODY ever asked for LCA.

Personally, I really don't care. I'd love to give the table a try, but it's not high up on my list.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
LCA got some votes in polls.

Yeah, I was just going to post that. In the Gottlieb/Premier Tables poll it had 110 votes. Which put it in the middle bracket of table votes - the three highest voted tables (Haunted House, Class of 1812, Cue Ball Wizard) were already created.

However there were several tables that had more votes. Street Fighter II (144), Wipe Out (132), Rescue 911 (131), Cactus Jack's (112). It may have come down to what table were able to obtain out of those.

I don't hate LCA but yeah it has its problems. I'm glad they did it though as I was very curious about the table after just seeing pictures and videos of it and likely voted for it in the poll due to those.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, I was just going to post that. In the Gottlieb/Premier Tables poll it had 110 votes. Which put it in the middle bracket of table votes - the three highest voted tables (Haunted House, Class of 1812, Cue Ball Wizard) were already created.

However there were several tables that had more votes. Street Fighter II (144), Wipe Out (132), Rescue 911 (131), Cactus Jack's (112). It may have come down to what table were able to obtain out of those.

I don't hate LCA but yeah it has its problems. I'm glad they did it though as I was very curious about the table after just seeing pictures and videos of it and likely voted for it in the poll due to those.

I think it could have came down to auxiliary licensing. Street Fighter 2 is a popular video game, wipeout has that song by safaris (u think), rescue 911 was a tv show. I'm not sure about cactus jack's. But lca is the only table (except maybe cactus jack's) of those that didn't require research, sublicensing and an extra fee. That is why I think it was done. Also, maybe someone who pledged enough on one of the kickstarters for a conference call requested LCa. Long story short, everyone should donate a lot of money to The Addams Family kickstarter :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

I wouldn't put too much faith in the original polls actually gauging true customer demand. My impression at the time was a lot of voters just wanted to take part in the process and tried to vote for 10 tables. The average per voter was 8.2 tables. If I could do it again, I would probably have just voted for one table and refrained from anything else. In the newer unofficial polls I definitely used this strategy in the way I have voted.

The only true way you could get an accurate representation of what the fans actually want would to be running a poll with everything in them. If this is how it was done, you would have had 1 maybe 2 gottliebs in the top 25 at most. I can't imagine too many more would even make the top 50 from the tables offered in the original polls.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I wouldn't put too much faith in the original polls actually gauging true customer demand. My impression at the time was a lot of voters just wanted to take part in the process and tried to vote for 10 tables. The average per voter was 8.2 tables. If I could do it again, I would probably have just voted for one table and refrained from anything else. In the newer unofficial polls I definitely used this strategy in the way I have voted.

The only true way you could get an accurate representation of what the fans actually want would to be running a poll with everything in them. If this is how it was done, you would have had 1 maybe 2 gottliebs in the top 25 at most. I can't imagine too many more would even make the top 50 from the tables offered in the original polls.

It would surely be more accurate indeed.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
LCA got some votes in polls.

True, but the fans never asked for that, the person who created the polls put that in there. I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that people who had never even hard of it just clicked on the pics/video links, said "Hey, this might be ok", and voted for it. I'm talking actual, personal, requests.

I remember people complaining, specifically at me and a few others, whenever we announced that we voted for less than 10 tables. As if the RULE was that you HAD to vote for 10 tables or else! lol I voted for tables I want, and a few that looked decent.

As for Gottlieb, sure, the majority aren't great, but I'll always say that we still need at least 1 every other season, just to add variety. As much as I dislike EMs, I feel the same way. The only Gottlieb tables I really want are "Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street", "Rescue 911", and "Stargate". However, there are a few that look decent and would love to try, such as "Wipeout" and "Bone Busters, Inc."

My theory on the Gottlieb tables/LCA choice is this:

1.) The reason we got so many towards the end of Season 2 is because the Williams/Bally licensing deal had ended, and also because Farsight has said on a few occasions that Gottlieb tables are the cheapest tables to acquire, so we'll always get one in any worst case scenario.

2.) I refuse to believe any reasoning that we got LCA over much more highly, HIGHLY requested Gottliebs, such as "Rescue 911", other than that someone from the company wanted it. The same reasoning also applies to "T2". (Though the sudden, out of nowhere window to license the table also played a factor.) I can't imagine LCA making more money than "Rescue 911", and the table would NOT require a kickstarter. I can't even imagine it being that pricey to make, either. They'd have to pay a fee to Gottlieb, and a free to CBS. (Or whoever currently owns the rights)

Also, there shouldn't be any reason why Farsight could NOT obtain the rights to such tables as "Wipe Out", "Cactus Jack's", etc. Those tables are non licensed, and Farsight already has a deal with Gottlieb to make re-create tables. So, seeing that LCA was never requested (At least to my knowledge), and the fact that it placed so low in the Top Ten Gottlieb Poll, I'm sticking with my theory.

...and this is EXACTLY what I did in my "Season 4 Most Wanted Poll". My only regret is that I couldn't add more tables. I also specifically left off Premium tables because the odds of them topping the poll were high, with the chances of us actually getting 98% of them being low.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
True, but the fans never asked for that, the person who created the polls put that in there. I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that people who had never even hard of it just clicked on the pics/video links, said "Hey, this might be ok", and voted for it. I'm talking actual, personal, requests.

I remember people complaining, specifically at me and a few others, whenever we announced that we voted for less than 10 tables. As if the RULE was that you HAD to vote for 10 tables or else! lol I voted for tables I want, and a few that looked decent.

As for Gottlieb, sure, the majority aren't great, but I'll always say that we still need at least 1 every other season, just to add variety. As much as I dislike EMs, I feel the same way. The only Gottlieb tables I really want are "Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street", "Rescue 911", and "Stargate". However, there are a few that look decent and would love to try, such as "Wipeout" and "Bone Busters, Inc."

My theory on the Gottlieb tables/LCA choice is this:

1.) The reason we got so many towards the end of Season 2 is because the Williams/Bally licensing deal had ended, and also because Farsight has said on a few occasions that Gottlieb tables are the cheapest tables to acquire, so we'll always get one in any worst case scenario.

2.) I refuse to believe any reasoning that we got LCA over much more highly, HIGHLY requested Gottliebs, such as "Rescue 911", other than that someone from the company wanted it. The same reasoning also applies to "T2". (Though the sudden, out of nowhere window to license the table also played a factor.) I can't imagine LCA making more money than "Rescue 911", and the table would NOT require a kickstarter. I can't even imagine it being that pricey to make, either. They'd have to pay a fee to Gottlieb, and a free to CBS. (Or whoever currently owns the rights)

Also, there shouldn't be any reason why Farsight could NOT obtain the rights to such tables as "Wipe Out", "Cactus Jack's", etc. Those tables are non licensed, and Farsight already has a deal with Gottlieb to make re-create tables. So, seeing that LCA was never requested (At least to my knowledge), and the fact that it placed so low in the Top Ten Gottlieb Poll, I'm sticking with my theory.

...and this is EXACTLY what I did in my "Season 4 Most Wanted Poll". My only regret is that I couldn't add more tables. I also specifically left off Premium tables because the odds of them topping the poll were high, with the chances of us actually getting 98% of them being low.

I just checked your poll (No, I'm not a doctor). There are 5 Gottliebs represented. 3 of them are at the very bottom. Only 2 other tables have lower scores than the other 2 and a third table is tied. So basically out of 30 tables, the Gottliebs placed in a tie for 23, 28, 29 and 30. Not a good showing. In a different metric they would have great scores. In the unlicensed Gottlieb poll that Wes did, they get 40-50+% of all votes.

As for the end of Season 2, that was definite filler. Farsight said they did have a few WMS tables left but they saved them to start off Season 3. Half the Gottliebs would have appeared regardless since they were already created and finished off the 2 table packs for the most part. The other half were pretty legitimately wanted. Haunted House, especially. Those polls worked great for them, though. You don't like the table? Well we ARE producing the top voted tables. LCA doesn't fly with that logic though. Wipeout and Rescue 911 look interesting and I hear they are superior tables. I would say you will get at least one Gottlieb per season for however long they continue putting out tables.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I just checked your poll (No, I'm not a doctor). There are 5 Gottliebs represented. 3 of them are at the very bottom. Only 2 other tables have lower scores than the other 2 and a third table is tied. So basically out of 30 tables, the Gottliebs placed in a tie for 23, 28, 29 and 30. Not a good showing. In a different metric they would have great scores. In the unlicensed Gottlieb poll that Wes did, they get 40-50+% of all votes.

Yeah, I know what I added. lol I put in the ones that get a decent amount of requests or ones that finished high in the Top Ten Gottlieb Poll. I wasn't surprised at all to see how bad they did, at least compared to the tables they were up against.

(Actually, I take that back, I'm a little shocked "Rescue 911" isn't doing better, but again, it had some stiff competition.)

My point was that I had already did what you suggested, which is throw all sorts of tables against each other, ones that everyone wanted. Personally, I think that was a better idea than the Top Ten Polls, but I understand why they did it. They wanted to see what tables from each company people really wanted.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Tx-Sector, Rescue 911 & Bone Busters Inc. (eventually) are the only gottlieb tables left players really want to see appear.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't vote for tables unless I've actually played them or seen them in person. For that reason I refrained from voting in the Stern poll for the most part, and same with Gottlieb. I think a lot of voting comes strictly from name recognition, not from actual knowledge.

Banzai Run is not a great table, but the gimmick is. And it's the gimmick that makes you want to play it over and over. Last time I played it, which was a long while ago, all I cared about was getting the ball up to the backglass play field. It's as addicting as trying to get multiball. The actual rules to the game never stuck with me. For some reason I seem to think it's like Victory, just getting check points, but that's where the similarities end.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.