Batman (Data East) and Data East tables in general ever likely??

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I am actually a huge TMNT fan, but I guess I have mixed feelings about the table. It is a fun table and I think the artwork is amazing, but all of the "Totally tubular" and "Radical" quotes that the turtles say on it could get quite irritating. I would have a joygasm if Farsight actually did this, but it might not be very easy to obtain. They now have to go through Viacom since co-creator Peter Laird sold the rights to the turtles three years ago to them. They would also have to go through Fred Wolf films, which hold the rights to the theme song and possibly Playmates, which made the toys that look exactly like the ones in the machine. Overall, I guess there is just not enough demand for them to do this table.

But then again, it is these auxiliary licenses for intellectual property that can actual draw people to the pinball arcade, where they might try other tables and become new pinball fans. So maybe it would be profitable to go after a license like TMNT to ride on the hype of the new animated series that begun airing on Nickelodeon a week ago. I mean Star Trek is a good license that might do the same thing, but I am not sure how many Twilight Zone fans that don't happen to care much about pinball, would buy the pinball arcade just for the Twilight Zone table. But maybe it would help if Farsight went for more mediocre tables that have a currently popular license attached to them. Batman would be a REALLY good one. And the marvel ones by Stern. I think Zen Pinball made a lot of Marvel fans into Zen fans.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There are several Data East tables that are worth playing. LW3 is a pretty fun. I like JP as well. LAH isn't bad either. I also enjoy Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts