Battle of the Tables - Round 1

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Creature from the Black Lagoon - The first pinball game that actually made pinball click with me
White Water - Grown more fond of Gorgar since I've initially played it but I find it too frustrating and usually end up pissed after playing it a few times.
Medieval Madness
T2
Star Trek - Difficult choice as they're both great tables. I probably play Theatre more than Star Trek but giving Star Trek the slight edge for it being more challenging which is interesting me more.
Ripleys Believe it or Not
Cactus Canyon - Another difficult choice but I keep going back to Cactus Canyon. I love the pop-up drop targets and overall theme.
No Good Gofers
Pinbot - I don't get BK at all and even though I dislike Pinbot due to the too quick to stop outlane drains its a more interesting table to me.
Big Shot - I really enjoy the simplicity of Big Shot and the high challenge level. Monster Bash is a great table but I was never keen on the theme or humor of it. So going with the one I play more which is Big Shot.
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Bride of Pinbot
Attack From Mars
Cirqus Voltaire
Elvira and the Party Monsters - Pretty even matchup. Slight nod to Elvira...cause its Elvira.
Twilight Zone

Blueshirt

Nov 17, 2012
Creature from the Black Lagoon v Champions Pub - Creature is great, but I can never seem to wrap my head around it fully. I understand the table, but something just doesn't... click. And while both tables are funny, I find Champion Pub to tickle my fancy more. And I love all the silly toys and neat modes. Lots to do, fun table, even if it's hard as nails.

White Water v Gorgar - Why would you do this? Gorgar is just about my favorite classic table, but White Water is one of my favorite modern tables. Sorry, G.

Black Hole v Medieval Madness - Again, I like Black Hole, but MM is one of my all-time faves. Gonna be hard to top that.

Flight 2000 v T2 - Flight 2000, while interesting, isn't my cup of tea. The multiball gimmick seems to be the most its got going for it and I find the gameplay shallow. T2 is just cooler overall, and fast and fun.

Star Trek v Theatre of Magic - Another hard one. I like ToM a lot but a few glaring issues keep it from being fantastic, to me. A weak wizard mode and little multiball opportunities and interesting rules interactions makes star trek the winner here.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Taxi - I'm gonna say taxi, but only because it's easier to get into and play. Ripley's is a complex table that takes a long time to "click" with you, if it even ever does. It's polarizing, and while I love it, it's not a winner against such a solid, fun no matter what table.

Cactus Canyon v Scared Stiff - Gonna give it to SS. Cactus Canyon is actually probably the better table, but it's hard as nails and not as fun and funny for me as Scared Stiff. It's an easy table, sure, but still loads of fun and very funny.

No Good Gofers v Whirlwind - A lawlor fight, huh? Gotta go with NGG for the nostalgia factor. Used to play it in the bowling alleys and loved it. Whirlwind is solid but I feel lacks a bit in presentation compared to NGG, with the exception of the music. There's a couple tracks in NGG that are stinkers.

Black Knight v Pinbot - Battle of the classics! Gotta go with Pinbot. There's more to do and more to shoot at which makes for a more fun game, BK is basically only multiballs, and while it's tough and fun as well, Pinbot delivers better. And has rockin' music.

Big Shot v Monster Bash - So this might seem controversial, but MB is my least favorite of the "AfM Trilogy", if you will. It's got a lot of stackable modes, which is awesome, and it's funny, but the music wears on me and the gameplay is a bit more repetitive than I'd like it. Big Shot is just pure pinball fun and I play it all the time because it's so easy to just pick up and play.

Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights - Tough. If Funhouse was harder in TPA it might have won for me, but the Wizard mode and myriad of things to shoot at in TotAN wins it here.

Centaur v Bride of Pinbot - Bride's one of my favorites. I love the theme and styling and sound too much. Centaur, you're cool, especially the playfield art -- but you're not winning this one.

Dr Dude v Attack From Mars - No contest. AfM has both solid design and nostalgia on its side, and I'm not a fan of Dr. Dude.

Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle - Sorry, Space Shuttle but CV wins easily. It's my favorite pinball table, and the light/sound show it puts on tops just about everything.

Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters - I'm not a fan of either to be honest. Elvira wins for just having Elvira.

Teed Off v Twilight Zone - :mad::mad::mad::mad: Tee'd Off. I hate that table with a burning passion.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Selections in bold:

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Champions Pub
White Water v Gorgar
Black Hole v Medieval Madness
Flight 2000 v T2
Star Trek v Theatre of Magic
Ripleys Believe it or Not v Taxi
Cactus Canyon v Scared Stiff
No Good Gofers v Whirlwind
Black Knight v Pinbot - abstain
Big Shot v Monster Bash
Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights
Centaur v Bride of Pinbot
Dr Dude v Attack From Mars
Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle - abstain
Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters
Teed Off v Twilight Zone

same as ever, vote for your favourite table of each matchup. Voting closes friday at 11pm UK time, 3pm Pacific time.[/QUOTE]

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Creature from the Black Lagoon v Champions Pub - Video Mode wins this one. Just kidding..even though it's true. I do play way more CFTBL.
White Water v Gorgar - Not by much. I don't either of these the most, but I'd probably pick WW 3/5 times to Gorgar.
Black Hole v Medieval Madness - Tie - Such different eras that I throughly enjoy both these tables.
Flight 2000 v T2
Star Trek v Theatre of Magic - Both there outlanes suck, but STTNG is in another class of outlane sucking madness. Yes, I haven't learned to keep it in the middle enough yet on that table...
Ripleys Believe it or Not v Taxi - Played Taxi during College IRL. Love the TPA remake.
Cactus Canyon v Scared Stiff - SS is just too easy. CC gives me a challenge with the narrow ramps.
No Good Gofers v Whirlwind - Another RL favorite. Good digital remake.
Black Knight v Pinbot - Great to reply pinbot in digital form, hard to find a decent pinbot RL machine.
Big Shot v Monster Bash - I'd just pick this to play over Big Shot most of the time.
Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights - Slight advantage to Funhouse
Centaur v Bride of Pinbot - Love bride. played IRL as new and 1000s of times. Another great digital version.
Dr Dude v Attack From Mars - AFM is one of my Top Pins. Digital Version is excellent.
Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle - I end up playing more Space Shuttle then CV.
Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters - Even though Elvira is easy, 1812 just doesn't do it for me.
Teed Off v Twilight Zone - Getting to LITZ is one of my favorite wizard modes.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Creature from the Black Lagoon v Champions Pub - I haven't played Creature from the Black Lagoon very much yet, so it's a bit unfair. From what I have seen, it's a nice table, but I have played Champions Pub quite a lot, so I go with this.

White Water v Gorgar - White Water is great fun for me, plus it's one of the tables I played in real and liked it. I play Gorgar sometimes, but not very often.

Black Hole v Medieval Madness - That's too easy. Medieval Madness is one of my favourites in TPA, while I don't like Black Hole at all. I have no idea how I managed to get 2 wizard goals on that table.

Flight 2000 v T2 - Flight 2000 is okayyyyyy... but not more. I don't like the graphic design of this table. T2 is great, which reminds me, I haven't played it for some time. And hey, it's Arnie!

Star Trek v Theatre of Magic - Difficult one. I like the missions in Star Trek, but I think the overall variety in Theatre of Magic is better. Plus I prefer the table design, both graphically and game play wise.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Taxi - One might think I choose Taxi, when looking at my signature. But Ripleys Believe it or Not is such a great table. The more I play it the more I love it. Taxi is a fun table and probably one of the reasons I started to purchase TPA tables, but it gets a bit boring after a while, not enough depth.

Cactus Canyon v Scared Stiff - Tough choice again. Both are funny, have a nice variety, but Scared Stiff is something like a perfect table for me. There's absolutely nothing I don't like about it.

No Good Gofers v Whirlwind - I need to get an USB Fan attached to it and get it working, when the storm is coming to get the right feeling ;)

Black Knight v Pinbot - Honestly I don't like both of them a lot. Blasphemy? Maybe. Do I look as if I care? :cool:

Big Shot v Monster Bash - Monster Bash was a hell of a surprise to me, when I played it the first time. I hadn't played it before on a real table, but I wish I had. So much fun!

Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights - I like Funhouse. But it's too difficult for me on the emulated table to figure out, when to press the button for the upper flipper. I played it in real, when I was a bit *hrmmm* younger and enjoyed it a lot. Not so much in TPA, which I'm a bit unhappy about. Plus there just isn't enough to do on this table. Tales is a nice one.

Centaur v Bride of Pinbot - Centaur - I fell in love with it in the first tournament I played. I didn't even want to purchase it before, because I didn't like the sound design and having played it in real, I didn't have great memories about it. But once I understood how it worked, I had so much fun. I also played a decent amount of Bride of Pinbot, but it's a table which got boring after a while

Dr Dude v Attack From Mars - Attack from Mars is a table I bought quite late, as well as Dr Dude. I just like the gameplay of Attack from Mars and the Extra Ball DMD animation always makes me smile. Dr Dude is fun as well, but I feel like I'm getting blind if I play it for too long. Color overload

Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle - Easy choice. Space Shuttle looked great when I played the demo, but the drains are too cheap. Although I don't like the voice samples on CV, it's great in gameplay and I like the different goals set by the table.

Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters - None of them are close to being a favourite. I like to play them every now and again, but that's about it. I could have chosen any of them. Elvira wins for 2 big reasons... :rolleyes:

Teed Off v Twilight Zone - Are you kidding me? :mad: How shall I decide between these two awesome tables? Tee'd off is one of the few Gottlieb tables I actually like (and very much so), but Twilight Zone is simply a piece of art. If anything counts, then it's the time spent with each of the tables. And then I have to choose Twilight Zone.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Creature from the Black Lagoon
White Water
Medieval Madness
T2
Star Trek
Scared Stiff
Whirlwind
Pinbot
Monster Bash
Centaur
Attack From Mars
Cirqus Voltaire
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Twilight Zone

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Creature From the Black Lagoon - I love the universal monsters, and this game could be really exciting once you get a good multiball going. Champion Pub is pretty fun, but the jump-roping and speed bag can get tiring after awhile and the Ultimate Challenge is pretty buggy.

White Water - Gorgar can get good too once you get a good game going, but I think White Water is more enjoyable overall

Medieval Madness - I hate you for pitting two of my favorite tables together so early on, but I think Medieval Madness gets the edge since it is just so perfect

Flight 2000 - This game is really exciting once you start scoring big by getting multiball a few times. Terminator 2 was awesome at first, but I grew tired of it after awhile.

Theatre of Magic - This one was close, but TOM get the edge because of "50 Million. 50 Million. 50 Million. (etc.)" In other words, the Grand Finale is very satisfying for me.

Ripley's Believe It or Not - If you asked me this a year ago, I would have said Taxi, but I have grown to love Ripley's. I think their is more variety in the rule set than Twilight Zone and it never gets boring. Taxi is pretty awesome too in both concept (the oddness of the passengers is hilarious) and execution. I just wish the jackpot carried over whenever you exit the game like in PHOF. Oh, well. A small price to pay for emulation.

Scared Stiff - I hate both of these tables. Scared Stiff never ends and Cactus Canyon just seems lame to me. Why couldn't Black Hole or Monster Bash go up against one of these?

Whilrwind - Fun audio and classic gameplay. What more could be said?

Pinbot - "Pinbot circuits activated." I love the audio in this. Black Knight might have had a chance if emulation was running though.

Big Shot - As much I am a fan of the Universal Monsters, I think the gameplay is mediocre at best. Big Shot is my most played table because I find it very satisfying to hit those drop targets.

Tales of the Arabian Nights - Not crazy about either of these, but Funhouse is just way too easy. Plus the bug where a ball gets lost p*sses me off.

Centaur - Again, I am not too crazy about either of these, but 5 ball multiball is pretty amazing for its time.

Attack From Mars - A less good version of Medieval Madness beats Dr. Dude. I do enjoy Dr. Dude a lot though.

Cirqus Voltaire - "I am the ringmaster..." "I can juggle two balls all day." Lots of fun quotes and fun gameplay.

Class of 1812 - Better than just hitting the same ramp over and over again on Elvira. Come to think about it, I am not a big fan of ramps in general.

Twilight Zone - I love Teed Off, but I can't vote for it against the Twilight Zone

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i can't believe that GORGAR didnt choose gorgar. well that pretty much confirms it for me. gorgar isnt gonna survive this round.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Class of 1812 - Better than just hitting the same ramp over and over again on Elvira.
C1812 is hitting the same ramp all over again (for unlimited millions) and Elvira has 2 (one for unlimited millions). Both are from the ramp millions era.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Shame I missed the first round - this is a fun idea!

Creature from the Black Lagoon - Although it took me a long time to warm up to this table with all the ramps I have to say I've come to really enjoy it. The Pub is decent, but the toy in the middle is just too overbearing for me.

Gorgar - I have to go with the classics here. Great target-hitting action. White Water is a nice table though.

Medieval Madness - I've had The Pinball Arcade for a long time and I had the Gottlieb Collection for a lot longer so I'm very familiar with these. I also played both in the arcades and though I enjoy both I'll have to give the nod to Madness because I enjoy the table layout better.

T2 - Flight 2000 was a nice surprise (though it shouldn't be considering who the designer is), but T2 was a nicer one - just barely!

Star Trek - No decision-making required; TNG is one of my all-time favourites and is why I backed the first kickstarter: to ensure there would be a second for this machine!

Ripleys Believe it or Not - Neither of these are among my favourites, but I find myself spending more time with Ripleys for some reason...maybe because I'm still trying to figure out what to do?

Cactus Canyon - I like Scared Stiff, but this seems like a more solid table thematically. I'm kind of surprised there haven't been more "Western" themed machines over the years!

Whirlwind - Another pair of machines I don't play very often, but if I have to pick one, it's Whirlwind.

Pinbot - Two classics, two I remember playing in the arcade when they were brand-new (a table with two levels - !!!), but Pinbot gets the nod because I played so much of it during my high-school years and it looms large in my pinball memories.

Monster Bash - Big Shot was a favourite in the Gottlieb Collection, but Monster Bash is such a clever idea and I played so much of the real machine that there's no contest really.

Tales of the Arabian Nights - Funhouse is decent, but Tales is just brilliant: great theme, great artwork and fun to play. A good entry point into the Pinball Arcade for a reason!

Bride of Pinbot - I really like Centaur, but Bride is a great sequel to Pinbot and has that fun mechanic of switching on the Bride - plus that outrageous table art and voice work - wow!

Attack From Mars - Dr. Dude is a nice table to have, but Attack from.
Mars is a classic. I pumped a lot of tokens into the one at Gatwick Airport back when they had pinball machines there.

Space Shuttle - I enjoy Cirqvs Voltaire (though I enjoyed it more when it was less buggy), but Space Shuttle has many good pinball features; especially being loud and annoying. I don't know why, but that makes it one of my faves!

Elvira and the Party Monsters - Class of 1812 isn't a bad machine, but I really dislike the table art and the entire theme seems a bit too, I don't know, B-grade? Like Texas Chainsaw Massacre as opposed to Halloween if I want to continue the horror movie analogy. Party Monsters is also the Elvira table I enjoy more.

Teed Off - This feels heretical, but I never really took to Twilight Zone; in fact I only backed the kickstarter because of the promise of more premium licensed tables and a TNG one. There's just too much going on with that table for my taste, but I still play it regularly. Teed Off is a machine I really enjoyed in the Gottlieb Collection - despite not being able to play it properly due to the translation needing work. The TPA version with the new engine is really nice and I can hit all the ramps - one of Gottlieb's better efforts I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
C1812 is hitting the same ramp all over again (for unlimited millions) and Elvira has 2 (one for unlimited millions). Both are from the ramp millions era.

In Class of 1812, you have to hit the right ramp to activate multiball. In Elvira, you just hit the left ramp and there is no sense in hitting anything else.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Creature from the Black Lagoon v Champions Pub - CFBL has some serious scoring flaws, so fisticuffs takes it.
White Water v Gorgar - See above. Also that white water music. So good.
Black Hole v Medieval Madness - I hate to even have to make a choice here, but Black Hole is just so stylish it squeaks through.
Flight 2000 v T2 - I really want to like T2, but for some reason I can't get into that table much. Flight 2000 is awesome.
Star Trek v Theatre of Magic - I like the theme on TNG more, and the gameplay is a bit more fluid.
Ripleys Believe it or Not v Taxi - Ripley is amazing. Both good tables but ehh, someone has to lose.
Cactus Canyon v Scared Stiff - Not an insane fan of either table but both are solid. Theme choice here.
No Good Gofers v Whirlwind - Jump ramp for president 2016
Black Knight v Pinbot - BK has gameplay issues and is pretty ugly. Pinbot has an amazing ruleset and is one of the prettiest tables ever made. No contest.
Big Shot v Monster Bash - Big Shot best table
Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights - Both tables have some issues, but TotAN is pretty brutally hard and I like that.
Centaur v Bride of Pinbot - Battle of the pretty tables. Centaur takes it for sound package and also being fun to play, not just look at.
Dr Dude v Attack From Mars - Love shooting aliens
Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle - Complex ruleset, neon ramps. Good stuff.
Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters - Not the biggest fan of either, elvira takes it on theme.
Teed Off v Twilight Zone - I hate voting against twilight zone, but the TPA implementation is just too flawed, and I really love tee'd off.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Is the voting meant to be for the real tables or TPA versions? I'm going to consider mostly TPA but also a bit of the real machines.

Creature from the Black Lagoon v Champions Pub - Neither are great, but CFTBL is really boring on TPA with the slow plodding methodical hold-a-ball-on-the-left-flipper-forever multiball. CP still calls me while I have no desire to ever play CFTBL again.

White Water v Gorgar - Easy call, Gorgar is merely good for its era while Whitewater is a lot of fun.

Black Hole v Medieval Madness - Going against the crowd on this one. MM is brutally hard on a real table and TPA's teddybear version doesn't nearly do it justice. And I dislike how MM's modes fit together (you're screwed if you don't light and complete Trolls before or during Multiball Madness, you have to cycle all the way around through Royal for another chance.) Black Hole is a fine table and spectacular for its era.

Flight 2000 v T2 - Bit biased since I own a real T2, but it's a great machine, such a purist pinball experience. Big kudos to Farsight for making the licensing work.

Star Trek v Theatre of Magic - My toughest call. On the real machines, STTNG wins easily. On TPA, it's much closer. TPA STTNG is quite unbalanced with the runaway scoring of Borg Multiball. While TOM is possibly the best conversion in TPA, you play all aspects of the rules and the shots are pretty close in difficulty to the real thing. But ultimately TOM's lackluster modes and finale hold it back from real greatness and I still enjoy STTNG more.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Taxi - I haven't played Ripleys much on TPA, but never liked the real machine. Taxi is always consistent fun, and has some really good and underrated animation on the alphanumeric displays. The TPA conversion does suffer a bit, with the impossible Pinbot drop target and the inability to remember the progressive jackpot. But "Gorbie" as a passenger is a hilariously charming dated reference.

Cactus Canyon v Scared Stiff - This is one table where TPA's easymode conversion doesn't hurt the game, Scared Stiff is meant to be entertaining and easy in real life. CC is thoroughly average.

No Good Gofers v Whirlwind - NGG is quite underrated out of the Williams 90's pins. And the TPA conversion is pretty well done, notably the Hole-in-One shot. I don't really care for most Lawlor games like Whirlwind (except TZ), but NGG hardly feels like Lawlor, with much better flow.

Black Knight v Pinbot - No contest, Pinbot is a classic and we know how badly Farsight converted Black Knight.

Big Shot v Monster Bash - I like Big Shot too, but Monster Bash is probably my favorite of all Williams machines and all tables in TPA. It's a big package of joyous revelry and I hope it wins the whole contest.

Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights - Battle of nearly great but highly flawed games. Funhouse is way too easy in TPA with unlimited extra balls and predictable Rudy rebounds. TOTAN is useless for serious score play thanks to the unlimited wizard mode scoring loopholes. I'm voting TOTAN out of personal preference on the real machines - Funhouse just rubs me the wrong way.

Centaur v Bride of Pinbot - I've hardly played Centaur, but BoP is far too slow and repetitive to win anything, even aside from the silly billion shots.

Dr Dude v Attack From Mars - This should be nearly a unanimous shutout.

Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle - Shuttle is good too and helped invent modern pinball with ramps and flow, but I've always liked Cirqus a lot. Many Williams games combined bang-on-the-big-target with an assortment of other stuff, and CV did it best.

Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters - Very similar games and conversions from a similar era, both with too easy loopable ramps and not enough to do besides multiball. Elvira wins on theme and entertainment value, though I wouldn't expect either table to go very far in this contest.

Teed Off v Twilight Zone - Does this even need any description?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
White Water v Gorgar
Flight 2000 v T2
Black Knight v Pinbot
Big Shot v Monster Bash
Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights
Centaur v Bride of Pinbot
Dr Dude v Attack From Mars
Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle
Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters
Teed Off v Twilight Zone

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
Is the voting meant to be for the real tables or TPA versions? I'm going to consider mostly TPA but also a bit of the real machines

you can use whatever criteria you want to decide, your call

2 days left to vote, got a couple of matchups in particular that are extremely close right now...

K

Korven

Have to say that Twilight Zone vs. Tee'd Off is a bit of an unfair match-up! :p

TO should have been up against NGG and it would had my vote. TZ vs Ripley's and I would had had to think twice.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Champion Pub
Gorgar
Medieval Madness
T2
Star Trek
Scared Stiff
Whirlwind
Pinbot
Monster Bash
Bride of Pinbot
Attack From Mars
Cirqus Voltaire
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Twilight Zone

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Creature from the Black Lagoon v Champions Pub– Both tables bother me. I haven’t played much Creature because, graphically, it’s so busy I can’t see clearly what’s going on. Champions Pub I’ve played a lot but I’m flummoxed by how I’ve failed to improve one whit. But I choose CPUB, because I play it anyway.

White Water v Gorgar – I do much better on Gorgar than I do on White Water. Total bias.

Black Hole v Medieval Madness – I’ve warmed up to MM, after giving it the cold shoulder for a long time, but Black Hole still leads by a nose.

Flight 2000 v T2 – Almost a toss-up. I have more fun with T2. Flight 2000 frustrates me, but I like it better when I have a good game. I don’t have good games very often.

Star Trek v Theatre of Magic – Pass. Haven’t played Trek and only a game or two of Theatre, long ago.

Ripleys Believe it or Not v Taxi – Taxi is one of my faves. Only played Ripley’s a couple of times but it failed to grab me.

Cactus Canyon v Scared Stiff – Love the showdowns and I think High Noon is my favorite madcap multi-ball mode.

No Good Gofers v Whirlwind – Pass. Haven’t played Gophers and spent very little time with Whirlwind.

Black Knight v Pinbot – Black Knight is alright, but it’s hard to accurately differentiate between nudging and magna-saving on an iPad, making for a frustrating experience. I run hot and cold on Pinbot but only because of that left-side drain. Really dig the tone and character of the theme.

Big Shot v Monster Bash – Don’t make me choose! Okay. Big Shot, just because no other pinball game with so little has taken up so much of my time.

Funhouse v Tales of the Arabian Nights – Pass. Haven’t played Funhouse and Arabian Knights only a time or two.

Centaur v Bride of Pinbot – I love the vibe of Bride of Pinbot. It's my favorite table theme; slightly scary sci-if that is viscerally spooky. Centaur, while it attempts to strike the same mood and does it pretty well, it still falls far short of Bride's creepiness. But it has more entertaining gameplay.

Dr Dude v Attack From Mars – Attack From Mars: Love it. Dr. Dude: Don’t love it.

Cirqus Voltaire v Space Shuttle – Pass. (I abstain because I really like Space Shuttle, and I’ve only played the free version of CV – which I also liked a lot – and I get the feeling that when I break down and buy it, it will be among my favorites. But I can’t yet for sure say one way or t’other.)

Class of 1812 v Elvira and the Party Monsters – Elvira is a little bit funnier and funner.

Teed Off v Twilight Zone -- Have only played TZ a couple of times. Hasn’t caught on with me yet. Teed off has a good sense of humor

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
White Water v Gorgar
Flight 2000 v T2
Black Knight v Pinbot
Big Shot v Monster Bash