Been experiencing slowdowns...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Started around Saturday while doing the Blahcade tournament. I'm getting general slowdowns both in the DX9 and the DX11 versions; broadcasts do not interfere. It mainly happens during normal gameplay.

I'm using an AMD Radeon Series 7900. Any tips?

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
My drivers are already updated to the latest version it says. Strange. Don't know why it's doing that.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I have also noticed slowdowns on startup for each table played over the weekend. Using Nvidia gtx 860m (alienware alpha)

The issue goes away after some several seconds and never occurs again for that table. Haven't fully tested yet all the "what ifs".

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Noticed some slight slowdown at the beginning after table load, as mentioned above.
After that all OK

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Mine played slow with DX11, tried to change the resolution and it ran a bit faster but went back to the prior settings.

Cuddlebuddie928

Feb 16, 2013
Started around Saturday while doing the Blahcade tournament. I'm getting general slowdowns both in the DX9 and the DX11 versions; broadcasts do not interfere. It mainly happens during normal gameplay.

I'm using an AMD Radeon Series 7900. Any tips?

I'm not sure how savvy you are with a computer, so forgive me if you are already aware of anything that follows.

Never let an auto-update tool update your drivers, and never install a display driver without uninstalling the existing one first. Otherwise, old, unnecessary files are left behind, which could significantly affect performance.
Here is what I do every single time I install a new display driver:

1) Uninstall the current display driver with Display Driver Uninstaller. Make sure you boot into safe mode first, and let it reboot when you are done.
2) Clean the PC's old files and registry. I use CCleaner to start (for file cleanup and registry) then use Auslogics Registry Cleaner for a deeper clean. Run them both until they no longer return any results. Some people get scared as soon as the registry is mentioned, but both programs are safe (I have been using both programs for years), and just in case you feel uneasy, they both have an option to backup and restore registry files.
3) Install a fresh copy of the latest drivers.

Chaz Louviere

Dec 17, 2014
I was having some issues with slowdowns that was surprisingly eliminated when I stopped using MSAA and just doubled my backbuffer resolution in the config utility. Instead of 1920x1080 I have 3840x2160. Game runs mostly without a hitch and my rails look way better now, too.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Brought my settings in the DX11 tab to the maximum (MSAA Quality, Aniso, and Samples), and it works VERY well. Noticed no stuttering.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Totan slows down big time at the start and hangs, camera gets stuck at zoomed in plunger. After every new game, not only at fresh table load.
No performance issue, since pressing the cam button a few times helps. And this wasn't there before 1.39.x if I remember correctly.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Totan slows down big time at the start and hangs, camera gets stuck at zoomed in plunger. After every new game, not only at fresh table load.
No performance issue, since pressing the cam button a few times helps. And this wasn't there before 1.39.x if I remember correctly.

Just tested mine a few times and it ran like butter. My graphics card is an AMD r9 280

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
OK. I reset all the fx in the config tool to zero, and I cranked everything up in the Nvidia control panel. Runs like butter too. Much better than before and I even think the AA looks smother, but I may have been imagining things.
Don't know why I didn't do this before. Had the same procedure with dx9,but somehow decided I want to check the new options of the dx11 beta and totally forgot about it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
OK. I reset all the fx in the config tool to zero, and I cranked everything up in the Nvidia control panel. Runs like butter too. Much better than before and I even think the AA looks smother, but I may have been imagining things.
Don't know why I didn't do this before. Had the same procedure with dx9,but somehow decided I want to check the new options of the dx11 beta and totally forgot about it.

I'm not having any issues at 1920x1080 with my GTX770, but if you don't mind, could you share the Nvidia control panel settings?

This is what I normally use:

Nvidia%20Settings.JPG

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
What do you mean? These graphics cards have their own settings you can turn on?
Does my AMD do that too? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
What do you mean? These graphics cards have their own settings you can turn on?
Does my AMD do that too? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Sure, the program is called "AMD Catalyst Control Center".
Start it and click on "Gaming" -> "3D Application Settings".

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
[MENTION=607]Metalzoic[/MENTION]
Yeah, this goes directly to the driver and you can basically override or enhance the game settings. Works only in override for me. This gives not the best result quality wise because it is not fine tuned to the game, but the most suitable options for your gfx card, especially if the game does not support it by default.
[MENTION=1595]Crazy Newt[/MENTION]
On the phone right now, so I can't post settings.
I have set AA mode to override application settings and have everything in the AA and anisotropy section maxed out.
Rest is basically the same. Max pre-rendered frames to 1, adaptive vsync.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts