Been Gone to Long

Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) is a cruel emotion. It makes a person pull back from what they love. I had been free of anxiety to interact with other people for five years.

Suddenly around Dec 23, the onslaught of SAD hit hard. SAD tricks you to think that you unworthy and worthless person who has nothing to add to the world. It makes one pull away from everything. Even the things I love most, this great fan forum and playing “The Pinball Arcade”

I’m writing this for those who’ve known me for the last year and maybe wonder why I haven’t logged in for so long. I’ve missed you all because you’ve been so nice to me.
I know I’m not worthless or unworthy because this great forum has treated me so well. 2013 was a wonderful year but one of adjusting to a whole new lifestyle.

I’ve been telling my best friends and members of my support group that I gave up _ _ x for pinball and expressed how the Pinball Arcade Fan Forum has given me a wonderful outlet to be me. (TMI)..Feb 1 will mark my 2nd year of total celibacy.
I want to thank all of you who took the time to read this blog. I know I’m welcome and I will work to get into the PAFF chat room.

MontanaFrank

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Montana-I'm new to TPA, but I know how the effects of SAD can make a person feel. Anytime you feel like talking, hit me up. I love TPA, it gives me a chance to play some of my favorite tables, but don't allow yourself to cocoon. It's that first step that's the hardest, but it's one that must be taken. Take care man.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I understand where your coming from Frank. I've got mine pretty much under control. What I have trouble with now is being around people I don't know. I've been self employed for 37 years and I don't have to be around a lot of people while I'm working mostly none. I have been wondering what happend to you and I'm glad your back.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey Frank, I'm not that great with words, but just wanted to say that you're one of my favorite dudes here. Love reading your posts, man.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hi Frank. I agree with Jeff, you're one of my favorites here too. You have always tried to bring a positive slant in your posts. Frank, like we discussed in one of our PMs together last year, DX11 will be coming to TPA and bringing even more fun to all of us! I can't wait to read your posts and find out how great it looks then on your new PC rig !

Last edited:

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Frank. i feel you, man. i have been hit as hard as i ever have with SAD not too long ago. i had really amazing friendships with a lot of people, now they are nothing and i feel like such a POS and a POS friend because of it. i still dunno what to do... -_-. hang tight, buddy. hope to see you around here, im new.

karl

May 10, 2012
So sorry to hear you had a tough holiday season, Frank. Hope you are feeling better. I am not very active here these days so I just now read your blog post. I too have a little Social Anxiety so I know it can be hard when it kicks in.

You have always been a beacon of light on this forum with your no-nonsense positive attitude and please know that there is a lot of folks here who think you are a stand up guy.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thank-you all for your kind words. It's been a long time since I've logged onto this site. Thankfully the reason I went into SAD and the withdrawal in my personal life was caused by a medication error instead of me losing it.

Finally, my self-worth has improved a whole lot and am glad again to be in contact with all you fine PAFF fans. I truly missed you all.

I am looking forward to be a part of this great website again. I've finally have the funds to purchase Season Three of TPA for Steam. Finances have been tough the last couple of months and I finally have the money to purchase of the excellent tables that Season 3 has offered so far.

Luck, Laughter and Happiness to All.....MontanaFrank

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Been thinking about you Frank glad your back. Lets get back to having fun. BK2K is a great table and season 3 is going to be fantastic.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.