Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
Because the developer who is working on the PC version is currently focused on getting the Steam support in there, because the PC version was not touched for many months because FarSight was not even sure they could get on Steam and so they chose (correctly) to devote their limited resources elsewhere until they were Greenlit, and because at this point I think the majority is in favor of getting the PC version out quickly and worrying about cabinet and advanced graphics features later.

What? Do you mean to tell me that developers don't spend a lot of time programming for a specific platform when they don't know if they'll even be releasing on that platform? Next, you'll be saying there isn't a Gamecube version of TPA coming.

SH

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Plus, we don't actually know how hard the steam SDK is to impliment. For all we know they might have to make some pretty drastic changes in order for it to work.

And of course, the problem with just leaving it alone about a year ago: it'll have the old menu and layout system and even though the tables will be easy to impliment (in theory) if the actual base game is lopsided and the DLC purchase system doesn't work then we won't be able to play those tables.

Howard Hurtz

Jun 20, 2013
What? Do you mean to tell me that developers don't spend a lot of time programming for a specific platform when they don't know if they'll even be releasing on that platform? Next, you'll be saying there isn't a Gamecube version of TPA coming.

SH
If they didn't know they would even be releasing it on PC, then why did they say so in their TZ Kickstarter a year ago?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They always planned to release on PC, they just didn't know when. Therefore, they had to make the other platforms a priority since they were bringing in money to keep their development going.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If they didn't know they would even be releasing it on PC, then why did they say so in their TZ Kickstarter a year ago?
What Jeff said. Also, when the major backers for TZ were given the opportunity to beta test, PC was one of the platforms offered. It played quite well even as a rough beta.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
What Jeff said. Also, when the major backers for TZ were given the opportunity to beta test, PC was one of the platforms offered. It played quite well even as a rough beta.

Yea I remember how good it looked, until the TZ beta I had only ever played it on my ipad. But the beta looked so amazing it made me really excited for the pc release. This will be something I eventually build a pin Cabinet for.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Pack 15 announced now. The longer they take to port this, the more tables I need to buy once the PC release is out. :(

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I feel the beta is almost in our grasp. Farsight- I give in - just take my wife, house, car, self-propelled lawnmower and give me copy. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"Since our Steam Greenlight several months ago, we’ve been hard at work creating a Steam version of the Pinball Arcade. We’re happy to announce that the first Beta build of the Steam platform was released to internal test this week! We will be conducting a closed public Beta of the Steam version in July- if you are one of our Kickstarter backers entitled to Beta access on the PC platform, watch your email for information on how to get access! We are targeting an August release for the Pinball Arcade on Steam with all of the current table packs available."

dach

May 29, 2013
I wonder if there is a way to join the beta test Steam for non kickstarters; I'm dying to test it and have a really good Comp. Even was in the early beta testers for War Thunder and several other games over the years.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Discounted 360 packs, when I' already purchased 10 tables. ...On the other hand, if I buy it on Steam I can use it on multiple PCs depending on which I'm at and it'll probably get regular updates without issue...

Decisions, decisions! Hrmmm.... PC does sound like the safer route though, doesn't it?

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
"Since our Steam Greenlight several months ago, we’ve been hard at work creating a Steam version of the Pinball Arcade. We’re happy to announce that the first Beta build of the Steam platform was released to internal test this week! We will be conducting a closed public Beta of the Steam version in July- if you are one of our Kickstarter backers entitled to Beta access on the PC platform, watch your email for information on how to get access! We are targeting an August release for the Pinball Arcade on Steam with all of the current table packs available."

Great news although during the TZ PC beta I almost missed out. For some reason they didn't have my email address, I had to request it from Bobby directly. hope that doesn't happen again.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Good news! :D

That last part about 'all of the current table packs' concerns me though. Have FarSight really improved the quality enough on all table packs to release on PC?

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I thought the quality would be better than Xbox 360 by default because the PC allows for higher resolution textures and higher sample rates for anti-aliasing. Even if they just used the textures from the 360 the anti-aliasing would make everything look smoother, but that and the higher textures mean that the only thing left would be bugfixes and lighting. Bugfixes get corrected anyway so the only thing we'd be missing out on is lighting if they decide to leave such things until the PS4 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.