Beta Vs 0.012

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I sure hope FS include the same sort of friends scoring that Pinball FX has, 'Wizard Score'. So you know when your coming close to a friends score on a table and a little pop up comes up with a count down to their score. Mike do you think that this will get added in the future it was such a great feature of Pinball FX

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sorry I meant to respond to you on that earlier.

Right now the leaderboards are through the FarSight login. I haven't figured out how to tie your steam account to the FarSight one yet. So I'm not 100% sure if I'll get that to work or not.

Thanks Mike. I hope you get it working.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
So it's clear now why I didn't understand yet you don't bother explaining why ? If you're going to post a reply you might as well make a complete one.

its not so important - many of games on steam can be pre-ordered before release: sometimes it come with price cut, sometimes with bonus content or with early game access.

im not sure FX's "Wizard Score" is smart feature - it adds your friends superscores to your superscore - not fair feature in my opinion - looks like some kind of pointless facebook social game.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
im not sure FX's "Wizard Score" is smart feature - it adds your friends superscores to your superscore - not fair feature in my opinion - looks like some kind of pointless facebook social game.

SteWieH

Jul 11, 2012
so Mike since you said we was a " few weeks out" from this being released , does this mean we will still get it sometime in september?

Roo

Jul 5, 2013

I think he was talking about the friends leaderboards in general (i.e actual per table scores), which are really well integrated in PBFX2 and add a fun competitiveness too it. The actual "Wizard Score", as you point out, is more of a marketing gimmick to encourage table sales. Kind of the same with the "Super Score" since some tables score way higher than others.

Edit: actually, he's specifically talking about the in-game popups that appear when you are close to beating a friend's score. I turn those off because I find them really distracting. But I can see the appeal.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012

What im on about is the rival score feature. So say for example me and you had each other as friend on PS3, XBOX, mobile or PC, and i was reaching your top score on say T2 table for example then it would warn me and then give me updates when i was say 1,000,000, 500,000, 250,000 and 100,000 from your top score! Give the games a much more higher risk factory when you know your close to a friends top score on the table your playing.

As shown in this clip here....

http://youtu.be/DeQD0bN6JMs?t=14m11s

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Give the games a much more higher risk factory when you know your close to a friends top score on the table your playing.
and its exactly what it do in FX when this big gray window popup and starts distract you with ticking counter...ogh this thing made me crazy several times while i tried to beat top scores at V12 for past two days...
i think leaderboards with friends scores comparison at table select screen is enough and it dont distract you from playing - after all if you want beat scores of some target person you already know numbers you need and when you come close to them - it already test your mental skill enough))

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What im on about is the rival score feature. So say for example me and you had each other as friend on PS3, XBOX, mobile or PC, and i was reaching your top score on say T2 table for example then it would warn me and then give me updates when i was say 1,000,000, 500,000, 250,000 and 100,000 from your top score! Give the games a much more higher risk factory when you know your close to a friends top score on the table your playing.

As shown in this clip here....

http://youtu.be/DeQD0bN6JMs?t=14m11s

I personally love this. I see that box pop up, and I go into panicked focus mode. Losing the 3rd ball when you are only a few points away from a friend's score is maddening. Totally makes the game that much more fun. This as opposed to then having to log into the leaderboard and see if you've passed anyone's score you care about. To me it's as close as you can get to having your friend right there at the table, yelling at you not to whiff it. Especially since it doesn't seem like we'll be getting true online multiplayer anytime soon.

I do get the distraction part of it, I'm pretty sure you can turn off those notifications in the menu.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Well I think you'll have to make due with the standard leaderboard screen at launch, but it sounds like a good "request" thread for the future.

bileduct

Aug 14, 2013
Can someone who has different FarSight and Kickstarter logins confirm that they have been able to successfully access the T2 table?

I have advised FarSight that my FarSight and Kickstarter logins were applied to different email addresses. After being advised that my T2 has been unlocked I was able to access T2 from my android phone but still not the PC Beta version.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I cannot do a thing with my Xbox 360 controller but play the game. I cannot navigate outside of a game in any menu or setting. I cannot use the controller to input my initials at the end of a game. So the controller is now useless outside of just playing in game.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Can someone who has different FarSight and Kickstarter logins confirm that they have been able to successfully access the T2 table?

I have advised FarSight that my FarSight and Kickstarter logins were applied to different email addresses. After being advised that my T2 has been unlocked I was able to access T2 from my android phone but still not the PC Beta version.

I am in Hell with accessing my T2 table. I have to log in every single time to get access to it and the password TPA official site issued to me is impossible to remember...so I have to refer to a book I wrote it down in every single time I come back in to play. A fix for this cannot come fast enough.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Yes I am seeing and playing the T2 table. I have to login every single time and use my email address and password from TPA official site to be able to see and play the table. It does not stay up and every time I leave game I have to re enter my password in login to see and play it.

bileduct

Aug 14, 2013
Is your Kickstarter login different from your FarSight login though?

I can access the T2 table on my android phone and my ipad, I just can't access it on the PC Beta.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
From the point of view of the app, the only thing it cares about is your Farsight login email. If your kickstarter email is different, you just need to let us know what your farsight account email is.

If you are in the $300 tier or higher on T2 kickstarter and you can't access the table, PM me with your farsight login and if your email is different for kickstarter, send me that as well. And also tell me what tier you backed at.

I don't have the app saving your login yet, so you will need to log in every time you start the game up. Hopefully I'll have that working in the next build.

As for the controller issues. I have a fix for the controller not working in the menus. I'm going to look into initial entry today to see if my fix, fixed that as well.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Login: I cant get the CTRL and ALT buttons to work. Thus I cant input @-sign or paste my email address... let me change from german keyboard to english...

Yep, Shift-2 works. German keyboard has Ctrl&Alt + q for the @-sign.

Alt and Ctrl keys do not work on US keyboard layout either. Also I had to close Pinball Arcade and Steam to get it to recognize I changed keyboard-layouts.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Is there a v0.013 coming over soon? Hopefully many of the bugs are fixed.

The artists are fixing many of hte art bugs. I was going to hold off and make a build with all of those changes, but I have a fix for the control issues many are reporting so I may make a build tonight with that fix in there.

bileduct

Aug 14, 2013
From the point of view of the app, the only thing it cares about is your Farsight login email. If your kickstarter email is different, you just need to let us know what your farsight account email is.

If you are in the $300 tier or higher on T2 kickstarter and you can't access the table, PM me with your farsight login and if your email is different for kickstarter, send me that as well. And also tell me what tier you backed at.
Thank you for sorting this out so quickly Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts