Big sale for season passes today on PSN

psxfan

Mar 27, 2014
I just got the PSN update, and there is a sale on many variations of season passes for season 1 and 2:

PS3 Pinball Arcade Season One Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $4.99
PS3 Pinball Arcade Season Two Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $4.99
PS3 Pinball Arcade: Season Two Pass (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $14.99
PS3 Pinball Arcade: : Season 1 Bundle (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $14.99
PS3 Pinball Arcade: : Season 1 Pro Bundle (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $19.99
PS3 Pinball Arcade: : Season Two Pro Pass (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $19.99
PS Vita Pinball Arcade Season One Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS3) $4.99
PS Vita Pinball Arcade Season Two Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS3) $4.99
PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle (Cross Buy with PS3) $14.99
PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season Two Pro Pass (Cross Buy with PS3) $19.99
PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season One Pro Bundle Pack (Cross Buy with PS3) $19.99
PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season Two Pass (Cross Buy with PS3) $14.99

I already have those seasons, but is the pro upgrade worth getting? Does anyone recommend the pro upgrades?

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I bought the Pro Upgrade for Season 1 last time it was on sale for 5 bucks. Other than having a look through the menu I haven't hardly used it for anything other than turning Family Mode off on Scared Stiff -- which seems to be a pretty common result from what I've read here.

It's interesting to browse through a couple times, although a lot of the options are irrelevant in the video game and/or disabled. If you love to tinker you can tweak a lot of the game options such as how difficult some of the games challenges are, like how many times you have to do something to trigger multiballs or extra balls and such. And of course you can increase the base number of balls per game. Personally I haven't made much use of those.

The "free look" mode is a little better than just watching the camera panning around in attract mode, but still isn't terribly great at letting you get a close-up look at the table's features. On-the-fly ball control is... well... amusing, I guess(you can't just send it wherever you want but you can steer it a fair bit). There's a lot of cool stats some of the games track, but I think they all reset if you leave the table and come back which renders that possibly cool feature fairly pointless along with all the extra high-score lists some games have. It would be neat if we could adjust things like table slope or flipper strength, but no.

Oh and you can put in custom messages to display on the DMD so you can make your games swear at you or say horrible things about your friends when they are visiting(not sure if it actually saves the custom messages or not). Or maybe have one of them say "JUST SAY YES TO DRUGS" for once.

Still, for 5 bucks it is a huge discount over getting them one by one. I might consider getting it for Season 2, but I'll probably consider it for a while since there's no table in S2 that I've heard numerous people say it is any real benefit to. I'd probably rather get the pack again than just buy it for one table.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Oh and you can put in custom messages to display on the DMD so you can make your games swear at you or say horrible things about your friends when they are visiting(not sure if it actually saves the custom messages or not). Or maybe have one of them say "JUST SAY YES TO DRUGS" for once.

it's worth upgrading. :cool:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yes for $5 for a whole season - why not - I don't actually use it a lot - sometimes the IPA pro tips are really helpful, other times they just emphasize what's already been said in the instructions

Instructions: you should do this
IPA pro tips: YOU SHOULD DO THIS!!!!

Still hoping they add the tilt meter to the ps3 pro version like they have for iOS - I think that would be a great reason to upgrade on its own.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Title Regular Sale Original Price
PS4 Pinball Arcade Season One Pro Upgrade $4.99 $9.99
PS4 Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle $14.99 $29.99
PS4 Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Pro Bundle $19.99 $39.99

Thanks. Now I don't have to turn the system on. Already bought season 1 pro a while ago when it was on sale.

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
Does anybody recommend buying PS3 over PS4 version? I know there is supposedly the bad sound/music on PS4 version. Overall is it superior enough to the PS3 to overcome whatever issues it has? Are there other bugs on PS4 that hurt it?

I don't currently have a PS4 - if I did, I would buy that version unless there were really massive issues with it. My dilemma is whether to buy PS3 now or wait however long until I get a PS4.

psxfan

Mar 27, 2014
Does anybody recommend buying PS3 over PS4 version? I know there is supposedly the bad sound/music on PS4 version. Overall is it superior enough to the PS3 to overcome whatever issues it has? Are there other bugs on PS4 that hurt it?

I don't currently have a PS4 - if I did, I would buy that version unless there were really massive issues with it. My dilemma is whether to buy PS3 now or wait however long until I get a PS4.

For me it's PS3...I don't see the need for a PS4 yet since everything I play is on PS3, and now the games are getting pretty cheap to buy. I'm not sure that Pinball Arcade would look or play any different on a PS4 than it does on a PS3. My advice is pick up a cheap, used PS3 and but all 4 TPA seasons for around $100

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
If ps4 was backwards compatible I would have bought it on day one - but as it stands I have a huge library of ps3 games, many series I haven't finished yet (bioshock, assassins creed, dead space, GTA, etc) and countless PSN games I picked up when they go on sale that I haven't even started. My recent obsession with pinball hasn't helped much!

I bought my son the TPA season 1 disc for ps4 - and I really liked the lighting, graphics, and the feel of the new controller, but it played the exact same as the ps3 version. But for me I am going to stick with PS3 until I get a better return on investment.

theronlyconly97

Jan 1, 2015
I have every single table from every season on ps3 and psvita. I have never bought any pro version for any of my tables. I am a pinball junkie. I spent 4 hours at Farsight Studios with my family. It was an experience that we'll never forget. I thank Jay, his son for making it all possible, and everyone at Farsight for their time. Somone who has the pro versions please give me some reasons (good or bad) to upgrade to Pro. Also, I wanted to buy the tables for my Xbox one. I was waiting to score some coin to purchase them, and low and behold I received a PS4 for Christmas. So I thought that I would be able to download them using my ps ID. Farsight still wants all new funds. How disappointing.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
For me it's PS3...I don't see the need for a PS4 yet since everything I play is on PS3, and now the games are getting pretty cheap to buy. I'm not sure that Pinball Arcade would look or play any different on a PS4 than it does on a PS3. My advice is pick up a cheap, used PS3 and but all 4 TPA seasons for around $100

It looks much better on the PS4. Much more of the text on the PS4 tables is readable. The light shows are better looking. They have the complete sounds on tables like Medieval Madness. The sound issue that the PS4 did have on launch is much improved.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.