Black borders in DX11 mode...

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
When i launch TPA in DX11 mode in full screen. I have black borders at the top and below. The game runs in 16:9 this way and looks like I'm playing a movie.

In DX9 it is fine, borders are gone completely. It happen after a few recent updates, i think during the first new UI was released to the public.

What can be done to correct this? I looked at settings utility and nothing seems to correct it.

Please halp.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
This is a really old issue, Farsight said they can't reproduce the problem. It's been around since DX11 launched.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
[MENTION=6190]Teamski[/MENTION] - Can you try your game in landscape mode to see if borders are above and below?

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
[MENTION=6190]Teamski[/MENTION] - Can you try your game in landscape mode to see if borders are above and below?

Sorry for the wait. The game does the same thing. It simply narrows the table with the gap and loads in windowed mode.

-Ski

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
I posted this in my other thread, but I might as well post it here. In DX11 only, the game will only load in windowed mode with the gap between the table and the window sides. With the last patch, the start button works, but otherwise no change.....

-Ski

pic3114179.jpg

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
That's new, I only had black borders at the top and the bottom of the screen since DX11 release, not at the sides.

Don7395

Aug 11, 2016
I have found that if you use a hdtv for a computer monitor that this will happen. When I connect my computer to a HDTV I will get the boarders when playing Pinball Arcade but when I connect my pc to a computer monitor the game will play in full screen.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Maybe related to your graphics card settings.
Try to mess around with screen scale or overscan settings.

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
I have found that if you use a hdtv for a computer monitor that this will happen. When I connect my computer to a HDTV I will get the boarders when playing Pinball Arcade but when I connect my pc to a computer monitor the game will play in full screen.

It only started happening after the UI was changed. So something in that patch screwed up my machine. And yeah, it only happens with DX11..... Sucks too!

-Ski

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

I've had this happening since forever on my 16:10 monitor. My resolution is 1680x1050. Black bars top and bottom.

Don7395

Aug 11, 2016
Windows 8.1 and up can tell if you are using a tv as a computer monitor and will set the scaling past 100 % usually as high as 150% . You have to go into the new settings app in windows 8 and above and change it back to 100%. This will fix icons being too large and other problems but pinball arcade still will try to do the boarders. I have 2 computers that do this on a tv set but work fine on a computer monitor.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.