Bug Black Hole sounds are wrong )ver 44.7

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
While scrolling through TPA menu, I noticed the attract sounds on BH were different than usual, and no voice when the table is selected.

ROM emulation perhaps? Silly me....

I then played a game of BH and noticed the following:

No more music
Sounds are incorrect and out of place
Constant repetitions of "G-Force accelerated"
Haunted House sounds in the BH table. Huh????

This is in DX9 mode on windows 10.

Don't know if this affects other Gottliebs in TPA. Anybody else notice this?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I can confirm this. In addition the score display has gone. Would be nice to play the table with some Addams Family samples. :p

Don't give Farsight any ideas! ;)

Seriously though, it is annoying when TPA tables from previous seasons develop new bugs. Remember when an update mangled the Gorgar HUD?
This was in the first few months since TPA came to Steam.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Speaking of Gotgar, how much does the freakin camera angle bother you? Switching tables and having to change the camera angle to get it where the last table was (with different views) gets old after a while. You are talking about steam tho. I just checked out Black Hole for IOS, and it's still working ok. The thing about black holes is they start to suck after a while

invitro

May 4, 2012
FWIW, here are the lines that were removed from Resource/Tables/TBlackHole_Enums.csv (in the NF update, to 1.44.7):

RSID_TBLACK_HOLE_EMUROM, 2108,,,
,[Offset], blackhole_v4, 0,
,[Offset], system80_u2, 1,
,[Offset], system80_u3, 2,
RSID_TBLACK_HOLE_EMU_SOUNDS, 2172,,,
RSID_TBLACK_HOLE_SAMPLES, 2174,,,
RSID_TBLACK_HOLE_EMUHUD, 2178,,,

Does this look like BH is scripted now?

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
in dx11 bh has a nice bug too

when the ball is on the lower playfield
bh runs only in slow motion
when the ball is on the main field again it runs with normal speed again

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Speaking of Gotgar, how much does the freakin camera angle bother you? Switching tables and having to change the camera angle to get it where the last table was (with different views) gets old after a while. You are talking about steam tho. I just checked out Black Hole for IOS, and it's still working ok. The thing about black holes is they start to suck after a while

I have not had this problem on steam, or the platforms I had previously supported (X360, PS4, android). I'm looking forward to getting a rotating monitor in the hopes of playing in portrait. I wonder if the other SS Gottliebs are affected.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts