Black Knight first impression

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sure, there are annoying bugs in BK, but if the choice is to pay peanuts to play as much as I like or not play at all, that's a no-brainer for me. Then again, it is one of my all-time favourite tables, so I would say that. :)

The table is growing on me more and more. I'm looking past the minor quibbles and really getting into it.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm addicted to watching that video. Can't wait to see the 360 one with emulated System 7 MPU. Hooooly cow.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
Well, there was Black Knight 2000, which added an awesome cheese-rock soundtrack, for some value of "awesome":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUTgj90iB7M

The playfield wasn't quite the same as Black Knight, though.

That looks pretty cool and if they added that table I would buy it. It's funny because I can honestly say I have never seen not even one of these real pinball tables. The only table I ever remember seeing is The Terminator and one that my parents owned which was so old that it dose not even have flippers (I think it was passed down).

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Black Knight sounds like a Defender or Stargate machine that is having a fit , very '80's arcade SFX .....

Jay

May 19, 2012
I always think of Joust.

LOL! You nailed it! I knew those sounds we're familiar.

I wonder how many times those sounds got recycled in other machines. The sounds in Gottlieb's Haunted House I later heard on a cheap toy Frisbee that had a sound chip.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
They're Williams sounds, and Williams made several of the greatest arcade videogames of the 1980s (often programmed by Eugene Jarvis, who worked on many of Williams' greatest pinballs as well). You can hear several of them in Robotron 2084.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts