black screen of death

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
A problem I've had when playing Pinball Arcade on my Nexus 7 from time to time......... the screen would either suddenly go black and then return to the lock screen or go black and wait 10 seconds before going to the lock screen. I thought it was either a hardware fault or some bug with TPA.

Having recently played Zens Wolverine table I found it happening almost every game.

Finally worked out what is was :) I play with my tablet in a case with the cover folded over to back of tablet. The case has a closing magnet which is obviously strong enough to trick the screen lock when pressed hard behind back of tablet. playing Zen I was more forceful with the flippers and holding tablet.

details here :

just wanted to post in case any other numpties were having this problem :) (lots of other people reported this on Google and mistakenly sent theirs back for repair!)

when resuming from a lock screen TPA either crashed or you get the super fast play mode with ultra heavy ball physics bug (no doubt what FS are utilising for the TAF ball physics kickstarter pledge :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts