BlahCade Interview with Zsolt: Ask Your Questions Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Any Chance of Devil Riders getting rescanned?

Any Chance of getting the Zacc blue and red flippers? Would be a great.

Yes goood questions.,

Zsolt., you would make me very happy if one of the next projects will be :

" The ASK Taito Collection "

For Example :

Vortex :
e63961f289697a0f5d7c1741125da16a.jpg

Hawkman :
7ab429069c6e443e338a43a511b210dd.jpg

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The above pictures of tables,What are the names of each table? They look wicked!!

The top one is Vortex, a remake of Williams' Blackout with much better playfield art, by Taito do Brasil. There's a pretty good VP version of it.

Google image search says the second one is Hawkman, a Taito do Brasil remake of Bally's Fathom.

I don't think the remakes were exactly licensed though, were they?

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'm okay with the Tatio Collection as long as we get original Bubble Bobble and Bust-a-Move Tables. ;)

74-89

May 2, 2014
The top one is Vortex, a remake of Williams' Blackout with much better playfield art, by Taito do Brasil. There's a pretty good VP version of it.

Google image search says the second one is Hawkman, a Taito do Brasil remake of Bally's Fathom.

I don't think the remakes were exactly licensed though, were they?

Both of these examples have altered playfields, different sounds, different rom sets and different names from the originals they were modeled on. The licensing would be through Square Enix, the company that holds the Taito rights now. Alternatively, no licensing may be required? Maybe it's impossible? We don't know.

Zsolt already answered these licensing questions on the 9th of this month ("We will see"), let's have something new for him.

Q: Are you a self-taught artist or did you study somewhere? Specifically, when did you start doing art? Has it always been digital?
Q: Is there somewhere we can see other examples of your work? Is there a Zsolt fan club yet? Let us know so we can join.
Q: Do you have any favorite artist(s)? What is your favorite pinball art or favorite any other kind of art in general?
Q: When did you start working for ASK and what was the first game you worked on for them?
Q: Do you see more original ASK Homework pinball designs anytime in the future?

Last edited:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Is there any chance that Zaccaria Pinball could be made to work with applications like Andyroid or Bluestacks again? (the most recent update, I believe, broke functionality for them)

Tried using Zaccaria this morning with bluestacks, it does work if you lower some settings (particle settings off is what I did) although I could not map my keys using joytokey only the plunger worked for me.

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
Tried using Zaccaria this morning with bluestacks, it does work if you lower some settings (particle settings off is what I did) although I could not map my keys using joytokey only the plunger worked for me.

I have never been able to get BlueStacks itself to work (depsite reinstalling dozens of times and in different ways... I always get a "looks like your system was updated" message, which just keeps popping up even if you say to configure it), so I've been using Andyroid. On there it doesn't matter what you have the settings on, the app will always close right after the ad at the bottom of the loading screen (after table select) shows up.

Ultimately I'd much rather just have it on PC than use a VM to do it :p

night

May 18, 2012
Transparent flippers! On real Zaccs some tables have transparent flippers, blue and red ones. Also on tables like Pinball Champ, the flippers are not transparent but have red stripes. I hope this will be possible in the future.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Is there any chance of Age & Art of Pinballs receiving the new physics engine (I'll happily pay for a IAP "Pro" option to get the new engine) and things like a general UI clean up to get rid of all the buy buttons (spesh in Age which is a bit untidy with them all over the screen). Popping them all in a IAP menu would be nicer and more reflect the outstanding quality of Zac and the way it's laid out.

This. You already have a pretty great catalog of tables, from these earlier collections. Would it be too much work to back-port the new engine? I'd love to play some of these older tables with the newer physics that you guys have developed.

And I agree about the general UI. You've made great strides in this regard, recently, and I'd love to see a cleaner UI for the older collection of tables.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Is there any chance of Age & Art of Pinballs receiving the new physics engine (I'll happily pay for a IAP "Pro" option to get the new engine) and things like a general UI clean up to get rid of all the buy buttons (spesh in Age which is a bit untidy with them all over the screen). Popping them all in a IAP menu would be nicer and more reflect the outstanding quality of Zac and the way it's laid out.

As others have already asked, more Zac tables etc :)

This. You already have a pretty great catalog of tables, from these earlier collections. Would it be too much work to back-port the new engine? I'd love to play some of these older tables with the newer physics that you guys have developed.

And I agree about the general UI. You've made great strides in this regard, recently, and I'd love to see a cleaner UI for the older collection of tables.

Check here guys:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...d-gaming-sites?p=196629&viewfull=1#post196629

night

May 18, 2012
I do hope ASK will keep it's focus on emulating vintage pinball tables.
Age of Pinball is alright, don't get me wrong, but Age of Pinball ain't Zaccaria, or any of these old pinball brands that have been suggested here. It's in the playfield artwork & table designs, that is really a profession on it's own, and most of these oldies ooze the 70s, 80s style, like we see in Zaccaria. Well, all I am saying is that I hope we can enjoy this wonderfull vintage emulation adventure for a long time to come.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
OK, everyone. The time has come to lock down this thread. I'm giving you all three hours from the time of this post to read through the questions already posed, and log any more questions for [MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION], then I'm going to lock the thread at 12pm GMT+10 and compile the Q&A.

Keep an ear out on the BlahCade podcast for the answers, and thanks for asking such a diverse range of questions.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I do hope ASK will keep it's focus on emulating vintage pinball tables.
Age of Pinball is alright, don't get me wrong, but Age of Pinball ain't Zaccaria, or any of these old pinball brands that have been suggested here. It's in the playfield artwork & table designs, that is really a profession on it's own, and most of these oldies ooze the 70s, 80s style, like we see in Zaccaria. Well, all I am saying is that I hope we can enjoy this wonderfull vintage emulation adventure for a long time to come.
The linked interview makes it apparent that this era of pinball was a true labour of love for Zaccaria. Two months to design the full art package by hand. Wow!

I would personally love to throw some more money ASK/Magic Pixels way again with another app offering. Particularly as we just don't have the full compliment of app products that iOS has.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The linked interview makes it apparent that this era of pinball was a true labour of love for Zaccaria. Two months to design the full art package by hand. Wow!

I would personally love to throw some more money ASK/Magic Pixels way again with another app offering. Particularly as we just don't have the full compliment of app products that iOS has.

Yeah - I want to contribute more too, and contrary to previous posts regarding my feelings on Kickstarters, having experienced the Ask Homework product, I'd happily back this to the hilt, if Zsolt had a pinball project he wished to tackle.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Phew, I've realized this is a long list of questions when compiled. Should be interesting to see the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.