BlahCade Pinball Podcast Daily Challenge Strategy Videos

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’d be interested in pretty much any gameplay vids you put up. Your commentary is great, so I think you’d be good at live streaming regular gameplay too (I know you’ve streamed on Steam, but I didn’t get a chance to watch on there).

Once I get a second monitor I’ll set up a Twitch channel for BlahCade, that way I can play the Steam version. Apparently I can plug my phone into the PC and stream into Twitch, but I haven’t actually figured that one out yet either.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Agreed - if you have a failed attempt on a really hard challenge but it still outlines good strategy and/or demos something interesting (like triggering Secret Mania in Junk Yard for example) I would say it would definitely be worthwhile posting it. Especially for 1-ball challenges, which have a high degree of randomness, but can be the most fun too - if you have an attempt that makes reasonable progress and COULD be a successful strategy for a drain-monster like, say, 1-ball Safe Cracker, it would definitely be useful. I really like the short 5-10 minute length of these videos too.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Agreed - if you have a failed attempt on a really hard challenge but it still outlines good strategy and/or demos something interesting (like triggering Secret Mania in Junk Yard for example) I would say it would definitely be worthwhile posting it. Especially for 1-ball challenges, which have a high degree of randomness, but can be the most fun too - if you have an attempt that makes reasonable progress and COULD be a successful strategy for a drain-monster like, say, 1-ball Safe Cracker, it would definitely be useful. I really like the short 5-10 minute length of these videos too.

I'm going to do exploit vids for Junk Yard and Fish Tales. If I can get Secret Mania going on Getaway (I'm 50/50 on the timing to trigger it) I'll post that too. If anyone knows of other exploits/secret codes or which tables do a midnight special, lemme know.

And you can thank my friend LeRoy who advised me not to do a block of all 3 challenges for a table in one video like I was planning, but instead breaking them into the shorter ones you see.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
One thing I don't understand with the fight, why is it better to do it like you did in the video rather than at the start when the post pops up do a jab from whichever flipper it rests on first, then jab from the other flipper and knockout - fewer shots and gives the purse much quicker (also making the second boxer easier to start as well as you don't lose much health).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
One thing I don't understand with the fight, why is it better to do it like you did in the video rather than at the start when the post pops up do a jab from whichever flipper it rests on first, then jab from the other flipper and knockout - fewer shots and gives the purse much quicker (also making the second boxer easier to start as well as you don't lose much health).

Pure preference on my part. For some reason the right flipper to left jab frequently misses, so there’s that. I also prefer just doing body shots as it prevents so much side to side action that tends to lead to an out lane drain. Lastly, IF I need a 2nd fight, the lower health bar start is good because that means I can build the purse back up to a larger number.

By no means am I saying mine is the only approach. I just find this to be safe, especially considering how difficult it is to nudge on mobile.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019

Your really patient doing CP. I always skip it lol. But i will use some strategy you point out there to try it under a different approach! Thanks! Its one of these tables im skipping, like Junkyard , Black Rose and Safecracker. The others im usualy feeling confortable doing the challenge, but some 5 min timers on AfM and Medieval Madness are sometime impossible.

BTW, how are you playing , diffusing on the screen and we dont see your thumbs on the Ipad? Are you screen mirroring on your tv like? Id love to know how to play my ipad version on my big screen if it can be done! :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I record my screen via the record button found by swiping up from the very bottom of the iPhone screen. I did have to activate it in settings to see it first, but now it’s always there. So it’s not a camera aimed down or anything, that’s why no thumbs. It’s just straight up pulling the game play.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
I record my screen via the record button found by swiping up from the very bottom of the iPhone screen. I did have to activate it in settings to see it first, but now it’s always there. So it’s not a camera aimed down or anything, that’s why no thumbs. It’s just straight up pulling the game play.

Oh! Thats interesting. Didnt knew you could record your Ipad like that. Thanks for the info!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey shutyertrap,

I don't know if you had mentioned this elsewhere but I'd like to know what system you're playing on?

Thanks!

These are all gameplay videos from my iPhone 7 Plus. Eventually I’ll get a Twitch stream going for PC gameplay, but I want a second monitor for that.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
These are all gameplay videos from my iPhone 7 Plus. Eventually I’ll get a Twitch stream going for PC gameplay, but I want a second monitor for that.

A second monitor really goes a long way. When I started streaming everything was crammed all on the old 1680x1050 monitor. Just more than 3 years ago, I got a major upgrade, complete with a second monitor, tested out Timeshock, and everything started getting better. It's worth it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A second monitor really goes a long way. When I started streaming everything was crammed all on the old 1680x1050 monitor. Just more than 3 years ago, I got a major upgrade, complete with a second monitor, tested out Timeshock, and everything started getting better. It's worth it.

Yeah, I have no intention of trying to run OBS, pay attention to comments, and run the game itself on my 23” monitor. A friend has a spare monitor he’s not using, once his main monitor comes back from repairs. I know ideally you want 2 identical monitors, but beggars can’t be choosers! My tech buddy says just buy a 48” UHD tv and then it’s like having four 24” HD monitors! (For the record, it’s exactly what he’s done, with two more 24” monitors stacked on either side of that. It’s a bonkers setup, all on his desk.)

What I really want is a physical video/sound switching board in front of me, but those things cost a perdy penny.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]: Excellent work on these videos. Thanks so much for your time and effort putting these out. Well above and beyond the call. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.