BlahCade Podcast #1 - The Pilot

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So when are you guys hanging out again, and how do I get into your channel?

We haven't planned the next BarCade, however there seems to be a demand for it. Jeff, Chris and I will give everyone advance notice in this thread when the next event is happening.

To participate, we use Google Hangouts. It's free, and cross-platform. And it allows recording to YouTube for editing later. ;-)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If anyone is interested in participating in the next recording, join the #PinballArcadeFans chat room and I can add you to the Google+ circle. Jeff and Chris can also if you join outside GMT+10 business hours.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm not sure what you guys have planned but there's so much you could talk about the hardest part will be deciding what not to talk about. Here's just a few suggestions though;

The latest Farsight TPA news
Pick and talk about a TPA table each episode including a bit of a players guide
Discuss the more popular forum topics
Real world pinball news
Most wanted tables
Shameful outstanding bug of the week ( in a playful way )
You could have Farsight employees on occasionally ( besides Bobby! )

Etc etc

I'm confident you guys know what your doing and can see this growing into something big.

Great ideas here.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So, I know what pingolf is now (said I would have to Google it after the last BarCade).

http://pinagogo.org/tournament/ (search page for pingolf)

Sounds like an extension of the existing table goals, but with the goal being to use as few balls as possible. What a great challenge!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Right? Wouldn't it be incredible to see that in TPA? :cool:
Wow...I haven't even released a playfield sketch and Sin's already getting pitched to FarSight's management! Thanks Jeff! :D

Self-promotion aside, Sin's complexity would make it a good test for any pinball construction set they might develop in the future. If the kit is comprehensive enough to implement Sin's rules, it should be enough for 99.9% of anything any normal person would want to do.

I really do need to find some time to get Sin off the drawing board. I have a much more finished ruleset than that one, though, with AC/DC-style incremental scoring, a hurry-up within a hurry-up for Envy, a less punishing way to get to Ninth Circle (botching a sin no longer disqualifies you), and some balance fixes to the scoring (Wrath in particular was worth 3 or 4 times the other sins). If I can find a way to attach a PDF to a blog post, I'll see about posting it for member perusal.

One thing that would have to go if Sin ever made it into TPA: I can't see that Double Penetration Jackpot in Lust Multiball making it past the ratings people. (And before anyone accuses me of being smutty, the proposed DMD animation was two girls in beachwear on two rockets aimed toward the player at an angle, they pause for a half-second, then blastoff "through" the DMD, punching two "holes" in it with a breaking glass animation and sound effect. Sin is aiming for innuendo a la Scared Stiff, not pr0n.)

N

netizen

you could always have a family mode programmed in and go for the DVDA style animations and music when the setting is OFF

Oh yeah, that link might be considered NSFW

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Sin's improved ruleset now available for perusal and commentary here.

More on-topic: great first podcast. I finally found a few moments to listen to it last night. Don't worry about your radio voices; they sound just fine. Look forward to hearing more.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

More on-topic: great first podcast. I finally found a few moments to listen to it last night. Don't worry about your radio voices; they sound just fine. Look forward to hearing more.

That ruleset is off the hook!

If anyone is ever feeling that their voice sounds weird just let me know and I'll send you a recording of my voice. I sound like Kermit the Frog's weird cousin. Although if you ever need a Kermit the Frog sound a like just let me know. I sound more like the original Kermit than the current Kermit does!

***NOTE*** My comment about Sin was about the previous ruleset that I read. The link to the pdf in Sean's link is invalid.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Don't worry about your radio voices; they sound just fine.

Thank you Sean. I was actually more worried about my crappy mic which seemingly sounds great! As someone else also pointed out, it's good that so far our voices all sound different and distinct. We'll see if that holds up once we add a few more voices to the mix.

On a related note, I'll have to tell tale of BSG's President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) saying had a good voice for radio, as I talked to her about TPA! How's that for a teaser?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

That link still doesn't work.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thank you Sean. I was actually more worried about my crappy mic which seemingly sounds great! As someone else also pointed out, it's good that so far our voices all sound different and distinct. We'll see if that holds up once we add a few more voices to the mix.

On a related note, I'll have to tell tale of BSG's President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) saying had a good voice for radio, as I talked to her about TPA! How's that for a teaser?

Great teaser. I can't wait.

SKYFIRE1031

Aug 12, 2012
Hey man I like the table idea... I'd love to play it... But why not call it Dante's Inferno cause it sounds like that's what your going for... And your ball saver could be Virgil :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts