BlahCade Podcast #22: Feelin' Good

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
i didn't know there was a shaker in that one; the one here at the 'mat must have that disabled/removed. bummer, it'd be fun to see how that feels in a real machine! (or maybe i've never gotten far enough on it to activate it; i haven't gotten too much practice on it yet)
It fires off regularly.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Enjoyed the latest Podcast, and glad to hear they are going to be weekly. Do enjoy the digressing at times, would have never looked up and leaned about the
Hunstman spider.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm in the flip side of what everybody else is saying. The longer the better. You have more freedom that way, and who the hell doesn't like movie talk? Or hearing about the biz in general. It's just that even with the 2 of you, a longer running time is more time to not feel rushed. And I'll be honest, this last time felt rushed. I'm one for saying the 30 min is too short. Stone me if you will

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm in the flip side of what everybody else is saying. The longer the better. You have more freedom that way, and who the hell doesn't like movie talk? Or hearing about the biz in general. It's just that even with the 2 of you, a longer running time is more time to not feel rushed. And I'll be honest, this last time felt rushed. I'm one for saying the 30 min is too short. Stone me if you will

At least half of it is talking about the format change, going weekly, and so on.

I liken it to the first hour or so of most "first-in-franchise" superhero movies: it's the origin story that subsequent installments don't require, so the first movie doesn't actually get much of a real plot beyond the origin story.

The classic recent example being, say, "Spider-Man". However the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, the Captain America movies, Iron Man... they're all like that!

So consider the first 15 minutes of this podcast as the "origin story" of the reboot of the franchise, and you'll see how the sequels will have more story in them. Just as long as they don't deteriorate in the same way as movie sequels do....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.