BlahCade Weekly Zen Tournament

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's the results from The Force Awakens...

1. CrimsonKing2187 198 million
2. XAF//SMerrell>> 185 million
3. Xanija 178 million
4. zmcvay 173 million
5. BennyBaroni 129 million

Does anyone actually look at these results I post each time or can I stop posting them? Just curious.

Next up in the Star Wars saga is The Last Jedi, and inspired by the movie we'll be playing Survival Mode! 5 attempts, no upgrades. And yes, I actually do really like the movie.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I always look at the results, even when I didn't play. My score was the second game, by the way. I gave it 2 more tries, but I didn't even come close. If there was a mode "only the last posted score counts" I would have stopped after game 2.
I don't think I have played The Last Jedi a lot - at least I don't remember the layout. Or it's me getting old.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well since a couple of you like results, I guess I'll keep posting them! Here's what went down with The Last Jedi...

1. Xanija 61 million
2. ricardo.labbe 47 million
3. NimbleLee 44 million
4. XAF//SMerrell>> 40.4 million
5. xxxsmileyonexxx 40.1 million

I've had enough of Star Wars tables for a while, how 'bout all of you? Instead let's play something new to Zen, Black Rose. Just last week I played the actual machines of all 7 of the WMS tables, and I'm even more impressed with the job Zen did. The Black Rose I played had black flippers with black rubber in a dim light setting, so it was super hard. What we'll be doing is anything goes, but you only get 3 attempts.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Was beginning to think I'd got a decent score for a moment, but my 88M was on The Force Awakens, not the Last Jedi - just got back from a weeks holiday (including a safari) and got out of sync.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I like the table, although I'm not really good at it. Good enough to beat SYT's score though (unless you have attempts left and kill my score).

But there was something weird: I had double scoring active all the time. When I sunk the first ship, I had the double score wizard mode active and the 20m counted to 80m, instead of 40m. Same was with the broadside shots. I didn't have a multiball active, so I don't see a reason why that happened. I assume everybody has the same scoring, right?

Sounds like a bug to me, or does anybody understand that?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I like the table, although I'm not really good at it. Good enough to beat SYT's score though (unless you have attempts left and kill my score).

But there was something weird: I had double scoring active all the time. When I sunk the first ship, I had the double score wizard mode active and the 20m counted to 80m, instead of 40m. Same was with the broadside shots. I didn't have a multiball active, so I don't see a reason why that happened. I assume everybody has the same scoring, right?

Sounds like a bug to me, or does anybody understand that?

Nope, no more attempts left. I was playing on my Micro Cab and the right flipper switch started bugging out on me. Contacts had gotten dirty. That was on my 3rd attempt.

And yes, I had the same thing happen to the score. It happens outside the tourney too, but I’ve never experimented to see if it’s only when you’ve got score boost as your option or not.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I wrote a bug report on the Williams forum. It's the multiball upgrade, which isn't working right.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Same thing happened to me but I had rewind (and multiball) power-up, not score boost. Thought I'd got an OK score as it was 2/3rd high score at the time, but Tarek has had a go and blown everyone else out of the water by a factor of over 10!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Whoops, somehow a week vanished without me realizing it! Here's the shakeout from Black Rose, where there was zero chance anyone was catching #1...

TarekOberdieck 6.1 Billion
BennyBaroni 601 million
TheHatchet18 576 million
NimbleLee 319 million
00100100 312 million

Time to use the wayback machine and visit an early Zen offering that clearly took some inspiration from Junk Yard, Secrets of the Deep. There's a couple of tables where it's obvious Zen took 'inspiration' from a real table, this just happens to be one of the better examples. Classic 3 ball, 5 attempts.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
A not close 6th place for me, Bruce went hungry in most of my games. Oddly enough in my best game I scored about 2M with first 2 balls after a terrible start, then got 3 multiballs on ball 3 (missed out on getting extra balls though) to take it to 38M.

Still thanks for picking that table, great fun and I'd not played it properly before.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Shall we have a look at the results of our Secrets of the Deep tourney? Okay...

1. TritiumLUPsClub 361 million
2. BennyBaroni 213 million
3. NimbleLee 167 million
4. XAF//SMerrell 152 million
5. Selektor6 57 million

I finally had to make a list of all the tables we have left to play. By my count, there's 32 left, until Zen releases more! I'll warn you now, there's a lot of Star Wars tables to get to. But not this week, because we're gonna try something a bit different with The Getaway. How so? 7 balls, that's how (cause 7 is lucky) but you won't get any extra, and you only have 3 attempts. Let's see if this is any fun...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Let's take a look at who our speed demons were on The Getaway...

1. Henrikf 434 million
2. BennyBaroni 424 million
3. XAF//SMerrell 346 million
4. shutyertrap 307 million
5. jec8679 244 million

We're gonna do a short 3 day tourney with my least favorite table of all the Star Wars tables, Masters of the Force. To make matter worse, you get one ball and only 3 attempts. I almost made it only one attempt, that's how much I hate this table! I just don't get the layout of this thing, and I'm thinking it just doesn't translate to 2D but might look fine in 3D. Also Yoda's callouts get old, real quick. Enjoy!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Does everyone now see why I think Masters of the Force blows? The scores seemed to indicate such...

1. ThaShizzel420 63 million
2. shutyertrap 41 million
3. Henrikf 36 million
4. Mayerinator50 19 million
5. zmcvay 8 million

Captain Marvel comes to theaters this week, so let's do a tie-in! We've already done Champions which features her front a center, but it's some weird teen version. Instead we'll play A-Force which is mostly about Black Widow, but at least has an image of Captain Marvel on it that matches the movie. Classic play, no upgrades, 5 attempts.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Don't like Masters of the Force? I think it's one of the better tables in FX3. Good sound and at least the Illusion Multiball is fun to play. Just my opinion...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Don't like Masters of the Force? I think it's one of the better tables in FX3. Good sound and at least the Illusion Multiball is fun to play. Just my opinion...

I hate all the shots on the left side of the table. Visually the table on a whole is hard for me to determine what is elevated and what isn't (on quick glance) and certain shots just seem unusually difficult. It reminds me a lot of how I had problems with Plants vs Zombies until I played the thing in 3D. In general I just don't find it to be an inviting table.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I hate all the shots on the left side of the table. Visually the table on a whole is hard for me to determine what is elevated and what isn't (on quick glance) and certain shots just seem unusually difficult. It reminds me a lot of how I had problems with Plants vs Zombies until I played the thing in 3D. In general I just don't find it to be an inviting table.

Yes, the left side of the table has a strange layout. Unfortunaly a lot of the Zen tables have this issue. Unrealistic ramps and lanes and often too much elements on the playfield. Williams is still unbeaten in table physics, design and geometric layout.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, I don't nearly have a grasp on A-Force like I do on Champions:

1. AcaDude 277 million
2. zmcvay 263 million
3. Klausinator 250 million
4. jwillan 126 million
5. XAF//SMerrell 115 million

Just to be mean, nasty, and spiteful, this week's table is Party Zone with tournament settings and only one attempt. I wanted it to be the hard physics with only 1 ball and 1 attempt, but it wouldn't let me. *sad trombone*

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.