blown away/ totaly impressed!!!!!!

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
i have to say...yesterday i played my first 3D version of TPA...and i was left in AWE...i had no idea that it was going to be this good...all i can say is WOW!
thanks farsight!

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Actually now you have me thinking. My TV will try and make things 3D, will try it on the PS4 version with the glasses and see how it goes.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Actually now you have me thinking. My TV will try and make things 3D, will try it on the PS4 version with the glasses and see how it goes.

It works to some degree. I've tried it on the PS3. The problem is that it will render the 2D art on the playfield in 3D. The biggest problem with that is it makes it look like the ball is rolling on a sheet of glass an inch above the playfield. Of course the flippers and other table elements are on this same plane so it is playable. It turns TotAN into a psychodelic dreamland. It can be fun but it doesn't make you think you're in front of a real table like real 3D will. But try it. It's worth the laugh!

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
no going back.. 3D is AWESOME

going 3D is so fantastic i don't think i'll ever play a 2D version again...i played TPA every day since it's inception, then went into a dry period when "the last of us" on line came out. i would play TPA off and on but felt like it lost it's magic...then low and behold the 3D experience!!! have to say, every day since then i've played TPA like it's going out of style, even more then i've ever played before! i just spent my weekend doing nothing but playing pinball..you can literally pick one machine and play it all day and not want to put the controller down, every table seems as if i'm playing it for the first time. the very first day i went 3D i was like yeah, it's pretty neat, but i still preffered the 2D version, then i tried again, i guess it took a day or two to get used to it, and now it's like unbelieveable. 3D makes every machine awesome. i spent half of the day just playing whirlwind and that machine was never a favorite. the 4 BEST 3D tables so far are "the creature", "whitewater", "star trek", "twighlight zone". trust me, i was apprehensive too, i can't believe it is this good, it's as close to playing the real machine as it can get! wow! and for a table that was pretty good(whitewater) that for whatever reason i would seldom play to become my all out FAVORITE table on TPA says something. whitewater IS the best 3D table available on 3D!

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Wish I could experience what you are, but the PAL version of TPA is still not available on PSN :/

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm going to merge this with your other similar thread. Instead of making a new thread every time, try adding a post to an existing thread with the same topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts