Booth mode

Wizcat

Oct 3, 2014
Hi. Does anyone know if TPA has a 'booth mode'?

I'd like to ideally lock the game down so that you can't exit from the selected table, but as a second best locking the game down so you can't exit TPA would be good too.

If this is available on PS3 that would be ideal, but if it is only possible on selected platforms then please advise.

Thanks kindly

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I think RBION has/had a "museum mode" like you're describing, see this topic.

Sounds like this pretty much locks down the machine, though. "Kiosk mode" is what it's typically called for PCs, I think. You may be able to find software to force kiosk mode, and then run TPA through that, if you're willing to do a PC instead of a PS3.

Wizcat

Oct 3, 2014
Ahh, wasn't sure of the correct terminology :) Kiosk mode sounds about right though, and the way it is described in the other thread sounds perfect

Ideally it would be locked down until reboot, and I imagine if it is already implemented in code, it would be enabled via some secret key combination. Have sent Farsight an email too. Would be invaluable for demoing TPA at a pinball show in the UK this weekend

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I think FarSight does demos at shows, so I'd think they must have some kind of setup for this... unless it's just an employee standing by to reset the machine after shenanigans. :)

Find room in your budget for a good-sized Android tablet and you can be the demo machine. "Honest, I need to buy this for the show!"

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Ahh, wasn't sure of the correct terminology :) Kiosk mode sounds about right though, and the way it is described in the other thread sounds perfect

Ideally it would be locked down until reboot, and I imagine if it is already implemented in code, it would be enabled via some secret key combination. Have sent Farsight an email too. Would be invaluable for demoing TPA at a pinball show in the UK this weekend

Speaking as a software engineer, all debug "shortcuts" or secret dev-only features are generally completely removed from the product, or at least the way to turn them on is. Too much opportunity for exploits and unintended functionality there. Say, for example, someone accidentally triggers kiosk mode and then can't exit the table?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.