BUG - The Getaway High Speed II

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
I had this happen in Taxi once. I think it only happened because I was pressing the A button faster than the program can keep up. Only way I know to get out of it without closing the program is launching the ball and then tilting once it's on the field. It's a long process, but it gets the job done.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I have found a solution to finish a buggy game. The first tilt warning launch the ball. Further gameplay with the Initial Screen in front is not funny, at least it's possible to save the score to the leaderboard. Hardest table ever. :eek:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Btw seems slow restart is ON in the rom settings. due to another ROM bug this makes it so that if this setting is ON, once its past ball 1, you cannot abort the game.

This is because the game starts when you release start instead of press it. this does make it easier to bring the bugged game to an end.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What was your max super jackpot? I'm guessing 700M?

(I thought you had beta access, but I don't see you in the HS2 leaderboards for 2015-08-19.)

I'm in the Android Beta, but I am score-limited there so my testing amounts to regression testing and anything that can be spotted with the short game times that entails. (Did help catch a bug in TAF, so don't knock the approach.) I missed the T2 KS so don't have PC beta testing rights.

Anyhoo... my Super Jackpot was at 725M when I stopped playing "properly" (I play no traps/no nudging instead of draining balls - that feels wrong to me), and I didn't collect one after that.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Anyhoo... my Super Jackpot was at 725M when I stopped playing "properly" (I play no traps/no nudging instead of draining balls - that feels wrong to me), and I didn't collect one after that.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm playing HS2 decently, but my max is 125M, seriously. I've gotta work on that.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Can anyone say what happens when 2 or more balls get in the supercharger spinner thing on a real Getaway? The balls seem to kind of slow down and act funny when more than one get going in there.

Having fun with this one. I got over 1 bil my second game. Is this easier than the real deal?

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Can anyone say what happens when 2 or more balls get in the supercharger spinner thing on a real Getaway? The balls seem to kind of slow down and act funny when more than one get going in there.

Having fun with this one. I got over 1 bil my second game. Is this easier than the real deal?

Of course it's easier ;)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
In real life many results can happen.

usually either they will both whip around real fast and separately, or they will repeatedly newton into each other. with them taking turns going around the loop

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Lucky this time. Crashed at 34B. Super Jackpot counts more than 1B, the display looks a little bit strange...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012
Got the bug four more times. :mad: I can't recognize any special situation when this happens. Anyone else?
I've got this bug twice (or maybe thrice) now (of four or five games total, lasting over one minute).

I am pretty sure it has happened every time while viewing the status display, with one flipper held up. The DMD gets buggy around the extra ball page in the status... you can see some other page flicker into view when the status page advances. I can't reproduce the bug, but I can reproduce the flickering status page, and I'm sure you folks have seen it too if you've viewed status.

I think if I play HS2 again (other than in tourney), I will drain and start on ball 2, in case the problem is with trying to hit the start button.

I have Enter mapped to launch ball, but maybe also to something else... I use Enter for the cheat button in Jack*Bot, and for the small flipper in Starship Troopers, for example. (My other keys are Shift for flippers, Z & / for left/right nudge, Space for up nudge, I don't remember down nudge as I don't use it.) And I am using AutoHotKey, to disable CapsLock and maybe some other things.

I'm curious to see if this shows up in the tournament.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've got this bug twice (or maybe thrice) now (of four or five games total, lasting over one minute).

I am pretty sure it has happened every time while viewing the status display, with one flipper held up. The DMD gets buggy around the extra ball page in the status... you can see some other page flicker into view when the status page advances. I can't reproduce the bug, but I can reproduce the flickering status page, and I'm sure you folks have seen it too if you've viewed status.

I think if I play HS2 again (other than in tourney), I will drain and start on ball 2, in case the problem is with trying to hit the start button.

I have Enter mapped to launch ball, but maybe also to something else... I use Enter for the cheat button in Jack*Bot, and for the small flipper in Starship Troopers, for example. (My other keys are Shift for flippers, Z & / for left/right nudge, Space for up nudge, I don't remember down nudge as I don't use it.) And I am using AutoHotKey, to disable CapsLock and maybe some other things.

I'm curious to see if this shows up in the tournament.

I can reproduce this every time in 2-4 hours max, except there are changes in version 1.41.9. I've suspected the status report situation too and avoided long flipper up times in my last game. Also never shift a gear and flip together. :rolleyes: Last game crashed during a simple post pass from the left.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I can reproduce this every time in 2-4 hours max, except there are changes in version 1.41.9. I've suspected the status report situation too and avoided long flipper up times in my last game. Also never shift a gear and flip together. :rolleyes: Last game crashed during a simple post pass from the left.
Do you recall if you were on Ball 1 during all the times the bug happened to you?

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
When multiball starts it releases all the balls at once instead of one at a time. I don't think it matters which rom they use but this feature should be fixed.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I have a near 50B game now on pause on ball 1 with 4 EB's, this on iOS. I had one tilt that scared the hell out of me because those letters remained on screen. Luckily I immediately drained and had the ball saver rescue me, after which the letters disappeared. My bonus is up to D25.000.000, I guess that's probably 1.325.000.000 when taking the hexadecimal into account. I probably won't take my score beyond the 100B because of ROM-limits, I'm also a bit worried about going over the "F" in the billion part of the bonus. Well, back to getting some more Super Jackpots!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.