Buying Season 3 questions - Assuming that Season 3 starts (Mod: It will.)

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
If lets say, Season 3 starts, usually from January 2014, it starts with 2 tables.

Is it possible that TPA will release the Season 3 pack for maybe around $30 to $40 USD on January 2014 that if new tables for Season 3 released every month, those new tables will be automatically free? (Provided you purchased Season 3 pack)

Btw I am looking forward for Roadshow and World Cup Soccer tables, I hoped :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Once you purchase a season pass pack, all tables released in that season are included as soon as they are released (beta or normal GA)

If you purchase Season 3 Pro pass, all Pro tables are unlocked in the same way.

In the case of Season 2, that included the Kickstarter tables (Terminator 2).

Last edited:
N

netizen

Season 3 starts with Pack 21, so end of Dec(?) for PC and Mobile. Unless FS decide to take a month off.

The pricing will likely be equivalent to the current pricing on Season 2. $39.99 and $49.99 for pro.
When you buy a season pass, every table that is released as part of that season will be unlocked for you once it is available.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
Hmm ok. thanks. That is like $39.99 USD per year I guess :)

Equivalent to subscription $3.33 for a month for pinball tables! :D

Last edited:

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
They said on Facebook S3 starts in Dec.

Which means, they will release the last 2 tables from Season 2 end of this month, and they start developing tables for Season 3 on december, and they will launch the Season 3 tables in 2014-01-01.

Right?

Last edited:
N

netizen

Which means, they will release the last 2 tables from Season 2 end of this month, and they start developing tables for Season 3 on december, and they will launch the Season 3 tables in 2014-01-01.

Right?

No, season 3 will begin with Pack 21. Which, if the regular schedule holds, will be released in December.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
No, season 3 will begin with Pack 21. Which, if the regular schedule holds, will be released in December.

o.o I see. So we should be able to see Season 3 tables (Pack 21) on 2013 Dec 01, along with the Season 2 Pack 20 tables?

Seems like good news.

N

netizen

o.o I see. So we should be able to see Season 3 tables (Pack 21) on 2013 Dec 01, along with the Season 2 Pack 20 tables?

Seems like good news.
If you don't buy the pack as soon as it is released, on PC or Mobile, then Jan 2014 may be a better date to look forward to for Season 3.
Pack 20, the end of Season 2, will be out toward the end of this month, and again if you don't buy it right away then Dec 01, 2013 could be the date to consider for that release, however it would be incorrect.
The packs are released towards the end of the month. With the holidays the December pack is usually released before Xmas so maybe Fri Dec 20th or the 27th at the latest. The 20th is more likely as the 27th doesn't leave room for any updates if there are problems with the release. This speculation is based on last years releases.

amxmodx

Nov 7, 2013
If you don't buy the pack as soon as it is released, on PC or Mobile, then Jan 2014 may be a better date to look forward to for Season 3.
Pack 20, the end of Season 2, will be out toward the end of this month, and again if you don't buy it right away then Dec 01, 2013 could be the date to consider for that release, however it would be incorrect.
The packs are released towards the end of the month. With the holidays the December pack is usually released before Xmas so maybe Fri Dec 20th or the 27th at the latest. The 20th is more likely as the 27th doesn't leave room for any updates if there are problems with the release. This speculation is based on last years releases.

Ah I see. Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to Season 3 tables. (Hopefully Roadshow and World Cup Soccer) :)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I don't seem to recall an option to buy season 2 until it was too late for me to justify it, so I'll totally be springing for the season this year. Anything south of £36 seems fair to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I don't seem to recall an option to buy season 2 until it was too late for me to justify it, so I'll totally be springing for the season this year. Anything south of £36 seems fair to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another Glaswegian! Never noticed that before.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
That's a good deal, I also missed out on buying Season Packs for iOS (although I did fork out the dough for them on the PC), I didn't know you could do this beforehand though for Season Three, I'll definitely consider that! With all this discount going on, it seems like TPA could consider rewarding the longtime fans that bought every table (pack) seperately for example with a season pack discount. Heck, I'll even settle for some free custom balls! Regardless, I'll be buying again!

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
My unofficial opinion:

Table Pack 20 (End of Season 2, will include Table Pack 21 hint in newsletter) - 11/22/13

Table Pack 21 (Start of Season 3) - 12/20/13 * Will be able to purchase Season 3 at this time

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
When they put Season Pass 2 on the EU Playstation Store, they had already released packs 11-14. Which meant that there was only a saving of about £2, if I remember right. But I thought hey, a saving's a saving, and bought it.

Getting the money off towards Season Pass 3 anyway.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
when season pack 2 came out for iOS i had already started purchasing by the table pack so i just did them by the table pack. Fast forward to the present now TPA is on steam and i just purchased 1 and 2 season packs for that platform and will be purchasing 3 for that platform as well. Then there is the matter of maintaining the iOS platform i can purchase the season pack 3 there or go a table pack at a time for iOS (to be decided on). From here going forward steam will be my main platform .

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I think now is the perfect time for farsight to tune what we already have, once pack 20 is officially released on most platforms Farssight could take the opportunity to upgrade pc to dx11, fix existing table bugs, ect. I honestly hope they do this and take a month off from releasing table packs.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I think now is the perfect time for farsight to tune what we already have, once pack 20 is officially released on most platforms Farssight could take the opportunity to upgrade pc to dx11, fix existing table bugs, ect. I honestly hope they do this and take a month off from releasing table packs.

They won't, for reasons which have been discussed many times in many threads.

Exo

Nov 10, 2013
So instead they'll just let the bugs pile up and not address any of the concerns people currently have with the game? Yeh sounds like a good idea.
I'm sure they'll keep a lot of happy customers around to buy season 3 like that.
If they don't start fixing things soon the backlog for fixes and features will just get bigger and they'll have to take more than just a month off to get things done.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
So instead they'll just let the bugs pile up and not address any of the concerns people currently have with the game? Yeh sounds like a good idea.
I'm sure they'll keep a lot of happy customers around to buy season 3 like that.
If they don't start fixing things soon the backlog for fixes and features will just get bigger and they'll have to take more than just a month off to get things done.

Seems to be working for them so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts