Can Amzon Coins Be Used to Buy TPA Packs and/or Seasons?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Can non-Kindle owners use Amazon coins to buy packs or seasons? Amazon offers some good deals now and again, where you can get a bunch of Amazon coins with the purchase of certain Apps (right now it's GTA SA), but it's only useful if they can be used on this game. Can they be?

FoxMcCloud

May 13, 2014
Yep, I just picked up a couple packs on my Asus tablet. The only thing you need to make sure of, which may be obvious to others but I didn't consider beforehand, is to have downloaded TPA through the Amazon App store. I originally downloaded TPA from the Play store, so if you try to buy tables from that version it goes to the Play purchase system. I uninstalled and re-downloaded through the Amazon store, and when you go to buy a pack/season it will ask you each time you try to make an In-app purchase if you want to use coins or One-Click settings.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yep, I just picked up a couple packs on my Asus tablet. The only thing you need to make sure of, which may be obvious to others but I didn't consider beforehand, is to have downloaded TPA through the Amazon App store. I originally downloaded TPA from the Play store, so if you try to buy tables from that version it goes to the Play purchase system. I uninstalled and re-downloaded through the Amazon store, and when you go to buy a pack/season it will ask you each time you try to make an In-app purchase if you want to use coins or One-Click settings.
That's awesome, except will it remember any tables I purchased through Play, and any pending tables due to me on season subscriptions, or are they treated as completely separate entities?

FoxMcCloud

May 13, 2014
Sorry but I'm not sure about that one. My guess is no since I believe the program only checks the store it was downloaded from to see what content has been purchased, and not from Farsight, so it'd be treated as separate. I could be wrong though, so hopefully someone else can chime in either way.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That's awesome, except will it remember any tables I purchased through Play, and any pending tables due to me on season subscriptions, or are they treated as completely separate entities?

Ryan can confirm.

I'm pretty sure the kindle build is separate to the Google version.

Therefore the app store code will be unique to each.

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
It might be worth emailing support and asking them nicely if they'd be able to merge the two "accounts". They can only say no. I found them very helpful when sorting out my T2 kickstarter purchase across multiple accounts / email addresses / tablets.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Honestly I have no idea what a coin is, I just know that you can install the Amazon store app on a normal Android device, but it may not be compatible with our in-app purchases (or any for that matter).

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
I have purchased tables with Amazon Coins from the Amazon App Store. This works on the Kindle Fires as well as if you load the Amazon App Store on your other Android device. You can only use the Amazon coins in the Amazon App Store.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.