PC - Request Can I use a PS2 controller to play Pinball Arcade?

smkrogman

Feb 12, 2016
I recently purchased an inexpensive PlayStation controller USB adaptor for my PC. The controller I'm using is a PS2 controller. I use it with the MAME emulator and it works flawlessly. When I try to use it with Pinball Arcade, it won't acknowledge it at all. Not a single button or joystick. I've tried combing the Internet and can't find any help regarding using this adapter with a PS2 controller for playing Pinball Arcade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephen Krogman

Here is a link to what the adapter looks like when being used with a PS2 controller:

http://benryves.com/images/ps2-to-pc/adaptor-fixed.jpg

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Early windows gamepad API was called DirectInput, later on they made another API called XInput. A 'wrapper' is like running something in compatibility mode, it takes your DirectInput and converts it into what the game looks for in this case XInput.

Since this isn't a 64bit game you pick the 32bit download, you copy that x360ce.exe to the specific game you want to setup the gamepad for and run it, map your buttons, save.. it saves some files to the directory (your config for that game) and you can run your game and test it out and no longer need to run the program if it works.

I use original dualshock controllers, with a usb adapter also, so this is what mine looks like
KMWsGLL.png

JoyToKey is helpful if you wish to bind keys to your controller for other programs on your computer, I used to bind mouse wheel -20/+20 to go through menus quickly on TPA, using the bottom shoulder buttons.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.