Can the nag screen be turned off?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Now that the DX11 version is out I've started running TPA on a cabinet. I'm using Hyperspin as a front end for it and when you pick your table it automatically launches TPA, goes to the table you want, launches it and starts it.
Works pretty good.

Problem is sometimes between the Title screen and the main menu an ad/info screen pops up telling you about the new tables (right now it's for Xenon). When this pops up it breaks the script that automated everything else.
Is there a way to disable that screen?

If not, then does that screen go away if you own every table. Basically If I buy everything will it never show me that screen again?

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
At the moment the DX11 version seems to *always* be showing me the Xenon hype screen, despite my owning all the tables and having seen it several times already.

That is not the former behavior I saw from the DX9 version, which didn't show you the hype screen once you'd seen the newest message. (It would still come up once each time they changed messages.)

Of course, the new behavior might be in the DX9 version too ... I haven't started the DX9 version since DX11 became available :p

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The what's new screen should go away after you've seen it once.

Try running the DX9 version and see if it happens there. If DX9 makes it go away on DX11 version let me know.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Ehh, sometimes I get it in DX 11 and sometimes I don't. I'm not really sure why.

Last edited:

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
The what's new screen should go away after you've seen it once.

Try running the DX9 version and see if it happens there. If DX9 makes it go away on DX11 version let me know.

What happened was that I was still on the public_beta version, which hasn't been updated. When I opted OUT of the public beta so I could take 1.38.10 - I didn't realize until a few minutes ago, from a different thread, that I needed to do this - the problem went away; I saw the hype screen once and once only (and that was in DX11 mode, by the by).

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Wait what? There's a new version? And we have to opt out of something somehow to get the new one to kick in?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
What happened was that I was still on the public_beta version, which hasn't been updated. When I opted OUT of the public beta so I could take 1.38.10 - I didn't realize until a few minutes ago, from a different thread, that I needed to do this - the problem went away; I saw the hype screen once and once only (and that was in DX11 mode, by the by).

Nope it's still popping up randomly, just not as often. I just did 18 boots and it only happened on 4 of them, but still happened.

Members online

Members online