Can We Be Done With The Gottlieb Premiers Now?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Actually Gladiators isn't that bad.

Of course question is will TPA version have calm before the storm difficulty on easy.

EASY= you can keep shooting the same shot over and over again (and there a shot that's REAL easy to trap and repeat.)
HARD= the shot you shoot unlights until you shoot another shot. (you have to play the mode as intended, flailing at all the shots)

I recommend this be set to HARD.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
A huge chunk of the pins there in Vegas are EMs, so why isn't that the case in TPA? I scoff at your argument :D ...and 13% is certainly not "a whole lot" like you originally claimed...

Maybe you should stop whining and about whining...funny how the cycle works lol. No one says you have to read this thread if it truly bothers you so much.

The bottom line is that people posting here just want TPA to be the best it can be. There's no harm in that. Why you would rally against people voicing those opinions doesn't make much sense to me. If Farsight wants to keep making money from this game, they'd do well to listen to what people are actually willing to pay for. The argument of "if you don't like it, don't buy it" only ends up hurting the game in the long run. If they eventually stop making new tables because sales are down, this thread could really come back to haunt us all.

Speaking of coming back and haunting us all.
Hi Jeff, how you been?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
If you don't like it, don't play it, don't buy it,

This is the part I really find frustrating. Not buying the tables doesn't solve the problem of the more deserving games making the shortlist. What it actually does is hasten the coming of the day that Farsight closes shop on TPA. TPA is incredibly niche, if enough people stopped buying tables then FS would stop supporting the game.

No, I'll begrudgingly buy the tables in support of keeping pinball alive, despite all the bugs or Premieres. But I won't like it lol. Just gotta vent sometimes, you know?

I do try to give every table a fair chance to prove itself, Premiere just has a terrible track record. The reason you are seeing so much whining every month is that they keep giving us things to whine about. It's only going to get worse if they keep going this way because Premiere doesn't excite people like Bally or Williams, or classic Gottlieb. Or even Data East, in my case.

Where's Fathom at? Where's the table, String?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
heres the thing tho, some people seem to be ponying up JUST to complain or at lrast spend more time doing that. I find it absurd as buying a coffee just to say how bad it is then not finishing it. keeping a few hardcore players away for a few months is hardly gonna hurt the bottom line either, and just like all true pinball players they would be back anyway....its a calling not a hobby:p

edit - im not saying most complaints arent justifed just, ive seen the forum get alot more picky these past 18 months or so idunno if thats because by now you expect a higher standard product or just getting jaded.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Just peachy, my man. And you?

P.S. Didn't we sort of have this discussion recently? ...great to hear from you, as always bud :D
Yup. A lot happening around here. Finally finalized my divorce after 9 years and getting married on the 30th of December.

Now to try and find a way to keep in touch a little easier but as per the last conersation. It's nice to have my privacy and I get really annoyed at some of the crap people post.

Since you and Heretic were my only fb friends from here. At least I can come here but miss the real time chats. The irc room doesn't seem very active these days.
heres the thing tho, some people seem to be ponying up JUST to complain or at lrast spend more time doing that. I find it absurd as buying a coffee just to say how bad it is then not finishing it. keeping a few hardcore players away for a few months is hardly gonna hurt the bottom line either, and just like all true pinball players they would be back anyway....its a calling not a hobby:p

edit - im not saying most complaints arent justifed just, ive seen the forum get alot more picky these past 18 months or so idunno if thats because by now you expect a higher standard product or just getting jaded.

Man I remember some of the more complain days. When these forums first opened it was quite interesting.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Stemage

Jun 4, 2016
I'm one of those Gottlieb lovers. I waited for TX Sector for so long. If Gladiators is indeed the next table, that will cement my purchase of this season (finally). Gladiators was supposed to be Legend of Zelda (after the Mario Bros table came out), but they lost the license. :) Love that game.

Would also like to see:

Operation: Thunder
Wipe Out
Street Fighter II
Hollywood Heat

I love all this weird stuff.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I'm one of those Gottlieb lovers. I waited for TX Sector for so long. If Gladiators is indeed the next table, that will cement my purchase of this season (finally). Gladiators was supposed to be Legend of Zelda (after the Mario Bros table came out), but they lost the license. :) Love that game.

Would also like to see:

Wipe Out
Street Fighter II
Hollywood Heat

Eww.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012

Would also like to see:

Wipe Out
Street Fighter II
Hollywood Heat

Oh, I love me some Operation Thunder! That's my guilty pleasure and I have fond memories of being one of the only players in a tournament that featured this table that knew how to play it! "Eagle 3, this is what you've been training for all your life!".
And "Last minute pinball rethemes" would be a good topic also:
- Bone Busters: Ghost Busters
- Gladiators: Legend of Zelda

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Operation Thunder is an awesome name. I've never played it, but the name alone makes it my favorite Premeire! Reminds me of the 80's Chuck Norris cheese I grew up on.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It has a devious operator selectable feature that will drain your ball if you don't keep your aircraft fuelled during missions. You need to keep hitting the left spinner to keep your fuel up otherwise the flippers go dead and you crash. Brutal!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
that sounds like a pretty neat gimmick, i dont usally need an excuse to hit a spinner so sounds like fun to me

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

Would also like to see:

Wipe Out
Street Fighter II
Hollywood Heat

I love TX as well. So glad it made it to TPA. Genesis is another unlicensed pin I'd really like.

Stemage

Jun 4, 2016
Operation: Thunder has 12 modes that must be completed in order, otherwise... game over. It plays more like a video game than any other pin I've played. It's a lot like Victory in that regard, except Victory won't kill you if you don't succeed. It also has really cool molded plastic mountains. <3

It's a ***** if you have to pay money for it, but I'd love to have it in TPA.

https://youtu.be/cE6kZKYl97o?t=297

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well, let's see. The EM 2-pack was cool. But....

-Gladiators may the next DMD game (pending official confirmation)
-We are starting to get a glut of Premiers (Gladiators may be alright, but the rest haven't been very good ones at that)
-We couldn't even get "Freddy" for a Halloween table this year. The best they could do was Bone Busters
-The last table with a "Williams" label was Hurricane in February of this year (I believe WMS Bally tables I500, EBD, and DW were negotiated a long time ago)
-Stern Pinball Arcade seems to be the next thing FarSight is pushing, complete with re-hash tables
-We don't know when, or if FarSight will be able to renew the deal with WMS, as they typically are the big sellers.
-We don't know when, or if FarSight will be able to deal with other IP holders, like Alvin G. or Capcom. The latter could breathe some new life into TPA.

I'm not saying this is the end of TPA, just that conditions seem to be there for it's end.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
It's more probable that FS is slow-peddling while they concetrate on bringing SPA to more platforms. They maybe be waiting for returns before paying for a new contract.

But if we are really done with Bally/WMS then TPA is going to see a huge nosedive in sales which really will bring the end of TPA.

Steve Ritchie once said that Hollywood Heat was his favorite John Trudeau game.

I trust him more than you.

Does. Not. Compute.

So you agree with Steve that Hollywood Heat is better than:

Creature From the Black Lagoon
Judge Dredd
Bride of Pinbot
Congo
Black Rose...

When did Ritchie say that, before Trudeau left Premiere?

There's a HH in my town that I've played plenty, used to be one of the only pins around. It's just bland as hell.

Awesome music, though!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts