Can we please see Bally Fathom soon!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Would make a great addition to TPA.

And Future Spa also has inline targets.......and so does EBD.

P.S. That is kind of crazy that a pinball machine has a Facebook page. Imagine how ga-ga these people wold go if Fathom did get into TPA. If any of you posters here can clue these folks in on TPA.....

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Many of the early SS Bally's are excellent players with great art and a cool sound package. Fathom, Spectrum, Medusa, Vector, Elektra, Paragon...all superb and would be great additions to TPA. I've always wished Paragon was a couple years newer though. Its "beep boop" sound effects are its only real weakness. I'd actually rather it had chimes. :)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
As far as older Ballys go, I would love to see Embryon. Much better than Paragon in my opinion.

karl

May 10, 2012
Good thinking, Kolchak.

Espy, Embryon is a very unique and cool machine. Of course a game from 81 is more advanced than one from 78. Pinball took huge steps forward in the late 70'/early 80'

With that said, Paragon is on my top 10 games of all time list(along with Fathom) so naturally I do not completely agree with you on that one. Still a great machine.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Good thinking, Kolchak.

Espy, Embryon is a very unique and cool machine. Of course a game from 81 is more advanced than one from 78. Pinball took huge steps forward in the late 70'/early 80'

With that said, Paragon is on my top 10 games of all time list(along with Fathom) so naturally I do not completely agree with you on that one. Still a great machine.

I was just comparing them because they're both early Bally super-widebodies. Plus their names rhyme.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
As far as older Ballys go, I would love to see Embryon. Much better than Paragon in my opinion.

Embryon, Fathom, and Paragon would all be cool in TPA. I'm finding that I keep going back to tables from this era.

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Gee, those table requests all sound so familiar to me for some reason (Paragon, Spectrum, Medusa, Fathom, Vector, etc.) It's like Deja Vu.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Please please please pretty please give us fathom. All the newer pinballa are great but some of the older tables are not only great works of art but much more unique and we need to continue with the awesome mix of new and older tables. No matter how many hours I spend on the newer tables I find myself going back to the older EM tables AGAIN AND AGAIN. love 'em and by the numbers so do many other people. Please guys......I'm groveling here!! ;)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Another reason why TPA has so many potential seasons worth of tables to add to the collection.

There are a lot of great table simulations yet to be seen in TPA. We need a lot more SS and EM sims in here. Unless Farsight has JP, DM, SW, and Indy in the works somehow, I'm not interested in more DMD stuff (though I'll be cool with the upcoming DWho)-we have enough IMO. I could have a lot more fun with EBD, Sorcerer, DD, and Fathom. Though I have no IRL roots with this one, I just saw the video and it looks like a well-designed game.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Please please please pretty please give us fathom. All the newer pinballa are great but some of the older tables are not only great works of art but much more unique
Well its backglass is one of my all-time favorites. But I don't see anything unique about Fathom. The playfield looks the same as every other ~1980 Bally playfield to me. Am I missing something?

I'm all for unique stuff, but I don't think any era has any more uniqueness than the 1990's DMD era. I didn't think about it very hard though, maybe I'm wrong...

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Fathom has a rather complex scoring system for its day, multiball, and actually quite a lot to do even without ramps.

it actually has to be played to appreciate it.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well its backglass is one of my all-time favorites. But I don't see anything unique about Fathom. The playfield looks the same as every other ~1980 Bally playfield to me. Am I missing something?

I'm all for unique stuff, but I don't think any era has any more uniqueness than the 1990's DMD era. I didn't think about it very hard though, maybe I'm wrong...

Yes, the DMD era of the 90's did produce some of the most unique tables. I haven't played very many 2000+ era Sterns IRL, so I can't say if the current era has that same level of uniqueness.

But SS and EM simulations give TPA some great old-school fashion to the overall package. But TPA is still part of FarSight's business plan, so the tables have to sell. Hence, all the DMD games we have been getting. But folks in their forties (like me) cut their teeth on pinball machines like F2000, Centaur, EBD, Paragon, and Fathom among many others. Many of these games also came out during the heyday of arcades-seeing them in TPA really brings back memories, just like hearing old songs on the radio or seeing an old movie/tv show.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts