Can't stop playing centigrade 37 and jacks open

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I love old pinball with chimes. These games are so simple but so much fun to play. And it's so nice to get a double table for the price of one the newer tables with dmd and rails etc. I have all the TPA tables but play the old tables more than these new ones. I am 64 yrs old so I guess that has a lot to do with it. Please let's see more old school tables.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well I'm 44 (and grew up on 90's tables) and having fun too! I like Jacks Open a bit better than Centigrade. For me the latter has a bit too much randomness in it. With Jacks Open, I feel like I didn't play well if the ball drains. I like to figure out the angles and pull some of the nicest saves possible. All those EM's are postgraduate courses in timely nudging. I'm not a big user of the straight "up" nudge, but I'm reconsidering my tactics for this table because it's fun to use it when the ball threatens to drain from a backroll, just nudge it up the inlane. Anyway, hats off to Farsight for getting it right.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
well im almost 31...and i ding ding with the bestof them, "pure pinball" in its modern sense joy of the game boys

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
These two and 8 Ball Deluxe are all I've been playing lately. All three turned out very well IMO.

Does Jacks Open play correctly on iOS? I still can't get the full enjoyment because on Android (nvidia shield) the drop targets give zero points.

I certainly want to see more EM's...big fun - and they translate well because everything is clear -modern cluttered tables are sometimes hard to see.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Does Jacks Open play correctly on iOS? I still can't get the full enjoyment because on Android (nvidia shield) the drop targets give zero points.

I certainly want to see more EM's...big fun - and they translate well because everything is clear -modern cluttered tables are sometimes hard to see.

Do the drop targets ever score points? Or is not scoring in only certain situations?
The drops score points in the iOS version of Jacks Open.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Nope. They score zero points. If you complete a sequence, you get the 5000 but never points on hitting the drops. Since they're worth from 1000-3000 each depending on rollovers, it's pretty significant.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Nope. They score zero points. If you complete a sequence, you get the 5000 but never points on hitting the drops. Since they're worth from 1000-3000 each depending on rollovers, it's pretty significant.

That certainly needs to be fixed. I'll see what I can find out about it.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I'm with you guys. These two latest FS EMs are far and away my favorite TPA tables. Railroad return lanes and ramp vacuums are an absolute deal breaker for me. It's so refreshing to see FS release a couple of tables free from these phony devices, that leave the ball fairly wild. Good job, Farsight! Keep them coming and I'll buy more.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm loving these too. But Centigrade 37 has a huge railroad. From a trap on the left to the special hole. It does have to be a direct shot, but then you can know what to expect after that

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm loving these too. But Centigrade 37 has a huge railroad. From a trap on the left to the special hole. It does have to be a direct shot, but then you can know what to expect after that

It really stands out because just about any other shot to the special hole bricks out. It's a minor gripe for me, but I can live with it.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015

Yeah -- hell, you're right! I was thinking these were are first two railroad free tables. Damn. WHY, FS!?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well I'm 44 (and grew up on 90's tables) and having fun too! I like Jacks Open a bit better than Centigrade. For me the latter has a bit too much randomness in it. With Jacks Open, I feel like I didn't play well if the ball drains. I like to figure out the angles and pull some of the nicest saves possible. All those EM's are postgraduate courses in timely nudging. I'm not a big user of the straight "up" nudge, but I'm reconsidering my tactics for this table because it's fun to use it when the ball threatens to drain from a backroll, just nudge it up the inlane. Anyway, hats off to Farsight for getting it right.

It's great to see FarSight putting a little more emphasis on "target shooting" this season, with both Jacks Open and EBD. They've made all the difference in this season so far.
Gladiators, the next table, is supposed to be more "flow oriented", I'm not sure since I've never played one that's in good enough condition to see the actual flow. We shall see.

Side note: I actually like that the WGs were easy on this last pack so I can actually enjoy the tables and just concentrate on going for high scores. I have a little bit of a "completionist" side when it comes to TPA.

Last edited:

JJHLH

Mar 7, 2016
I agree with all the positive comments here. TPA did a great job on this double EM release! I hope they continue to release more classic EM's in the future as there are so many to choose from. A nice baseball theme EM would be great since such a game is missing from their current lineup.

Nov 18, 2016
Yup. I'm loving both of these tables, each giving a different classic pinball experience. And I loved playing the EMs so much that I went and bought the Fireball/El Dorado pack as well. More EMs, please! Especially two-packs!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
what use isa game without micro-chip-sets?

it cant even track over 5 or six digits...my toaster knows about the weather in hati and it plays radio!

da bellls

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.