Centaur and Pin*Bot coming in 2-9 days!!!

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
SS in my opinion looks like crap. Suffers from the dull, muddy look that plagues CC and Taxi. Whitewhater looks good though.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Huh I seem to have the opposite impression of the tables: Space Shuttle looks to me like one of their better PS3 lighting jobs so far, while White Water would be fine except it's a bit too bright with that weird pinkish lighting some of their tables have had in the past.

Incidentally, if you didn't see them, FS posted screenshots of the PS3 versions of the two of them on their Facebook today.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I purchased Season Two Pro on the PS3 and can confirm that you do indeed get access to all four tables without having to wait a week for the second table pack.

Quick impressions...

White Water : Lighting looks great, but has the same bright contrast issue that Attack from Mars has...not a big deal. Table plays great.

Space Shuttle : Lighting looks great and does not suffer from the bright contrast issue. Table plays nice as well.

Centaur : Lighting is good, but you have the 1, 2 and 3 orb lights that are blown out when lit. Only the 4 orb light looks like it should. Calling attendant when the ball is in the plunger lane removes the ball from the Queen's Chamber. The orb drop target special still awards a replay instead of an extra ball. However, the table does play well.

Pin•Bot : Lighting looks a little awkward to me, but it doesn't look horrible. The pop bumpers are not lit or ROM controlled like they are now after the fix was implemented on Android and iOS. Table plays okay, but out of the four new tables, this was the one that disappointed me the most.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
WW is a pretty cool table but I'm playing Space Shuttle more. I've also noticed that some of my friends all ready have Centaur and Pin*Bot. Yeah I know those that buy the season 2 pass get it but that's absurd.

I've purchased every table pack and now that this season pass option that only came out last month get the priority of getting the tables really irks me. What about you loyal PS3 players that have waited and waited for them to catch up? I know We get them next week (or at least that's the rumor) but still.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
WW is a pretty cool table but I'm playing Space Shuttle more. I've also noticed that some of my friends all ready have Centaur and Pin*Bot. Yeah I know those that buy the season 2 pass get it but that's absurd.

I've purchased every table pack and now that this season pass option that only came out last month get the priority of getting the tables really irks me. What about you loyal PS3 players that have waited and waited for them to catch up? I know We get them next week (or at least that's the rumor) but still.

Its a week. I think we'll survive. I'm sure that in order to have the season pass work seamlessly that it also unlocks the second pack of the submission early.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
If you really can't wait a week just buy the season pass, problem solved!

Me, I can wait. : P

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Its a week. I think we'll survive. I'm sure that in order to have the season pass work seamlessly that it also unlocks the second pack of the submission early.

It still doesn't change the fact that people who bought the packs separately are treated like 2nd class citizens. This seems to become a habit nowadays. As soon as there's A New Toy released, the buyers of the New Toy are the Best Friends and people with the what-was-the-New-Toy-yesterday don't see firmware upgrades, see an app that "is not compatible" (but not technically), etc.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It still doesn't change the fact that people who bought the packs separately are treated like 2nd class citizens. This seems to become a habit nowadays. As soon as there's A New Toy released, the buyers of the New Toy are the Best Friends and people with the what-was-the-New-Toy-yesterday don't see firmware upgrades, see an app that "is not compatible" (but not technically), etc.

Oh, yes. I see now. You're absolutely right! As a second class citizen I just lost my right to vote over whether I had the season pack or bought packs individually! Damn you FarSight!!! :mad:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

I see nothing absurd about rewarding people who blindly pay money upfront for tables they don't know if they're going to like when they're released.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I see nothing absurd about rewarding people who blindly pay money upfront for tables they don't know if they're going to like when they're released.
Same here! For us that are buying each pack individually, we can stop at any time and don't have to commit to future table packs. I can't say the same thing for those that buy the Season 2 pass, but it's nice that they are getting a few sensitives in return for what fells like pre-purchasing a product.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts