Bug Challenge Mode

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I love the Challenge Mode, it gives me increased incentive to play well by allowing only three games before starting over. I've completed two of the challenges on beginner levels, but the Williams and Season One challenges both kick me completely out of not only the challenges but TPA. And it's one game-Cirqus Voltaire. It isn't a hardware issue, I can play all other tables, including Cirqus Voltaire in "My Tables". So I'm stuck. Has anyone else had this problem? I've logged out then back in. Turned off my iPad in a normal fashion. Done a cold-restart. Nothing helps. Please help me.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Debuted on Android in public beta, and was added to iOS after the major issues were ironed out.

It's the old Pinball Hall of Fame challenge mode, where you need to obtain a certain point level to move to the next table in the challenge.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I love the Challenge Mode, it gives me increased incentive to play well by allowing only three games before starting over. I've completed two of the challenges on beginner levels, but the Williams and Season One challenges both kick me completely out of not only the challenges but TPA. And it's one game-Cirqus Voltaire. It isn't a hardware issue, I can play all other tables, including Cirqus Voltaire in "My Tables". So I'm stuck. Has anyone else had this problem? I've logged out then back in. Turned off my iPad in a normal fashion. Done a cold-restart. Nothing helps. Please help me.

No issues on Android. Perhaps raise the issue in the iOS forum?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I tried some of the challenges the last couple of days. On Monday I completed the Gottlieb/Stern challenge. Last night I did the Bally Challenge (with CV) and it worked fine. Did not get the same issue Buzz had (above). This morning I went into the challenge area and they all showed zero as if none were completed. I then went back in again five minutes later and my two challenge scores were back.
This was on an ipad 4, iOS 7.

Wonder if Buzz1126 issue is an ipad 1st gen only issue. Anyone with an ipad 1st gen able to try a challenge with CV in it to see what happens?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Hello,

Can someone post some screenshots of the Challenge Mode Menu? Is there dedicated leaderboards or some screens to follow what a player has achieved (Challenge XXX completed or that kind of stuff)?

I'm working on a score card for TPA and I want to know if the challenge mode stats are relevant to include (we don't have it on PS3)

Thanks!

N

netizen

There is no leaderboard, in the sense of comparing scores, but you have 4 separate challenges presently to do. Nor will your personal best scores be saved on the local high score list, I am not sure if they get uploaded to the leaderboard; I am assuming you have to be connected to do the challenge mode.

Screenshot_2014-02-26-19-29-01.png

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
There is no leaderboard, in the sense of comparing scores, but you have 4 separate challenges presently to do. Nor will your personal best scores be saved on the local high score list, I am not sure if they get uploaded to the leaderboard; I am assuming you have to be connected to do the challenge mode.

Yeah, thanks Netizen, it helps me a lot!

One more question.

Is a "manufacturer" challenge "linked" with a particular season (for example, all williams tables of the first season) or is it use all tables across the seasons (i.e. all williams tables of season 1, 2...and more)?

Thank you!

N

netizen

Yeah, thanks Netizen, it helps me a lot!

One more question.

Is a "manufacturer" challenge "linked" with a particular season (for example, all williams tables of the first season) or is it use all tables across the seasons (i.e. all williams tables of season 1, 2...and more)?

Thank you!

The challenges are spread across Season 1 and 2 for the manufacturers challenges. Obviously the Season 1 challenge is pretty self explanatory :p

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks to you, I finally finished the first scorecard today. I will open a thread tomorrow night in order to have some feedback.

Thanks again.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Does anyone know if the Challenge modes will be expanded upon? For instance, where's Firepower in the Williams Challenge? Or am I just not able to scroll down the menu and it's there?

Will there be an all tables challenge mode that expands with each release? That would be great making it through all of the way.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I liked the old PHOF challenge mode better -- in the old version, you didn't lose one of your three credits as long as you made the minimum score. That way you could keep trying for a truly good score on a table, as long as you could reliably make the minimum.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Ok, here's my Challenges bug... I was a Kickstarted donor for Twilight Zone... I had nothing but problems with the game from the moment it came out... in fact, even though I was entitled to a free copy, I wound up paying for it, not once, BUT TWICE. TPA was no help at all... Everything was fine after I paid for it until Challenges came along... I forget which challenge it is, but I managed to get to TZ... it was there, but when I clicked on it.. it crashed the entire game... this only happened about 50 out of 50 times. So then, I checked to see if TZ was still in My Tables... it was... I clicked on it, and it crashed the game again and again... I tried all those bizarre TPA suggestions, but nothing worked... TPA finally asked me to sync my iPad with my iMac, then go into Terminal to send them a crash log... thanks, but no thanks... I ain't going into Terminal...it still doesn't work... I keep buying their tables because I love pinball, but seriously guys, do we all have to be Beta testers?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
As much as I understand your frustration, but it's probably not so easy to find and kill a bug, which can't be reproduced by the dev team. I don't know how many people have the same issue with the game as you have, but what can the devs do if all they get is: TPA is crashing on my machine when I start TZ. A crash log is the only way for them to find out what is going on, unless they have a clear and reproducible error description.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Ok, here's my Challenges bug... I was a Kickstarted donor for Twilight Zone... I had nothing but problems with the game from the moment it came out... in fact, even though I was entitled to a free copy, I wound up paying for it, not once, BUT TWICE. TPA was no help at all... Everything was fine after I paid for it until Challenges came along... I forget which challenge it is, but I managed to get to TZ... it was there, but when I clicked on it.. it crashed the entire game... this only happened about 50 out of 50 times. So then, I checked to see if TZ was still in My Tables... it was... I clicked on it, and it crashed the game again and again... I tried all those bizarre TPA suggestions, but nothing worked... TPA finally asked me to sync my iPad with my iMac, then go into Terminal to send them a crash log... thanks, but no thanks... I ain't going into Terminal...it still doesn't work... I keep buying their tables because I love pinball, but seriously guys, do we all have to be Beta testers?

Have you deleted the app and downloaded it again. For 99% of people this fixes all problems with TPA on iOS.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Dumpstar, I want to perfectly understand your suggestion... are you saying to totally delete the TPA app from my iPad? If so, do I then re-download the TPA app from the app store? When I login, will I be able to fully restore all my tables without paying for them again?

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Can anyone else answer the questions I had for Dumpstar... I'd really like to try his suggestion, as long as I don't have to pay for everything again...

nstraz

Mar 19, 2013
Ugh, I can't seem to get through challenge mode. I was working on the Williams challenge and got 100 on BoP. After the table exits, the game crashes. I started back up and continued the challenge with Funhouse. That wasn't going well and on my third credit the table didn't start right. No ball, just attract mode. I quit the table and TPA crashed. I restart TPA and all my progress on the Williams challenge is gone. This has happened to me a number of times.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
I finally took the plunge and deleted the app as Dumpstar suggested... lo and behold, he was right... everything is working fine now... it would have been nice if TPA support suggested this instead of the Terminal nonsense...

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Does anyone know if the Challenge modes will be expanded upon? For instance, where's Firepower in the Williams Challenge? Or am I just not able to scroll down the menu and it's there?

Will there be an all tables challenge mode that expands with each release? That would be great making it through all of the way.

Has there been any news on my old question here? I haven't seen anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.