Champion Pub / Whirlwind and a lost update

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
I just bought this table pack yesterday and am disappointed. Both tables seem to run slow, but Whirlwind is completely unplayable. So very laggy, the ball acts like it is filled with helium and every time it lands in the left pocket it just sits there, and nothing I do will get it to launch again. They really should not release these tables until they are playable and ready to go. After installing the latest app update, I can't play either table at all, AND it wiped out all my scores and achievements. Very unhappy with these people right now.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
every time it lands in the left pocket it just sits there, and nothing I do will get it to launch again.

That's the ball lock for multiball. It's not a bug.

What other bugs are you experiencing? The table just received a number of bug fixes in yesterday's update and is actually very playable....and fun.

The ball acts like it's filled with helium? Are you sure that's not the effect of the rotating discs in the middle of the playfield?

You said both tables run slow? What device are you using?

Last edited:

Richard

Sep 27, 2012
That's odd because WW runs super fast on my iPad2 it's just so nice after the update.
Freder, have you tried to restart your device?

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
OK if it's the ball lock, but the table will not launch another ball _or_ allow me to do so. The whole game comes to a screeching halt. Maybe the update improves things, but as I noted above, now I can't play on the table at all... seems I have to download it AGAIN, and it will be days before I get can get out again to a wifi connection.

And as I noted above, the tables that I can still play on have lost all of my scores and achievements. Who thought THAT was a good idea?

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
And no, did not seem to be the result of the spinner effect. The ball was just sl-o-o-o-ow. Hit it with a flipper and it just sort of floated tranquilly like it had no weight whatsoever.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
No problems on my iPad 3. Restore from your remote backup and your scores will all return.

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
I just watched the video trailer for both of the tables, and I can guarantee you that neither of them played that way on my iPad 3. Instead, everything was in EXTREME slow motion compared to the video. Additionally, the tables did not even LOOK the same. I can't swear to this, because I only had the chance to play Champion Pub ONCE before the update rendered it inaccessible, but I don't think the iOS version had those two green ramps in front of the central punching bag. But again, I can't be sure about that.

Additionally, the update seems to have slowed EVERYTHING down. I just fired up Twilight Zone and Theater of Magic, and on both tables the ball now acts like it's rolling in mud. It wasn't like that before. Unfortunately, I can't go back to the old version, either. I think this must be the lousiest update in App History.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Something weird is going on because Whirlwind is a very fast table, plus if the other tables are running slow for you now as well then that's even weirder. Have you tried rebooting your ipad?

Edit: good call, fungi :) I forgot about post processing. It'll make the ball feel like it's coated in molasses. They really need to remove that option altogether.

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
Just did a complete restart on the iPad to be sure there was plenty of memory available -- no difference. All the tables now play like the pinball is rolling around in molasses. Not good, not fun, very frustrating because I spent a bunch of money on all these tables and now all are unplayable.

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
Just did a complete restart on the iPad to be sure there was plenty of memory available -- no difference. All the tables now play like the pinball is rolling around in molasses. Not good, not fun, very frustrating because I spent a bunch of money on all these tables and now all are unplayable.

My Pinball Arcade on the iPad was so bad I had to delete it, and reinstall...All is great now.

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
OK -- just now saw the message about "post-processing" -- don't honestly know what that's all about, but I took your advice, turned it off, and that seems to have made a LOT of difference, thank you very much! I look forward to the new tables once I get a chance to download them again (not everyone has easy 24/7 access to wifi!).

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
What a difference! I agree, Jeff, they need to remove that option! It's evil! Thank you, everyone.

Freder

Jul 16, 2013
Sotie -- uhm, I know that I'm just showing off my stupidity here, but I don't even know what or where the remote back-up is. I'm off-line all the time, so if it's related to wifi or internet, I don't have it. The app prompts me to log in with every restart, but I play as guest and don't have anything to log in to or with.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Sotie -- uhm, I know that I'm just showing off my stupidity here, but I don't even know what or where the remote back-up is. I'm off-line all the time, so if it's related to wifi or internet, I don't have it. The app prompts me to log in with every restart, but I play as guest and don't have anything to log in to or with.
yes remote backup requires an internet connection. Also if you are playing as guest and never created a FS account i don't think you would even have remote backup.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
OK if it's the ball lock, but the table will not launch another ball _or_ allow me to do so. The whole game comes to a screeching halt. Maybe the update improves things, but as I noted above, now I can't play on the table at all... seems I have to download it AGAIN, and it will be days before I get can get out again to a wifi connection.

And as I noted above, the tables that I can still play on have lost all of my scores and achievements. Who thought THAT was a good idea?

I am having the same problem too. The ball gets locked, no way to play the next ball, call the attendant and it puts a ball in the plunger but takes the one you just locked.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts