Choppy Phantom?

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Just started playing Phantom on my Nexus 7 and it's playing kind of choppy: table scrolling, ball movement, etc. All other tables are smooth. Anybody else seeing this?

Steve

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Confirmed - Phantom is choppy on the N7 2012.

It didn't display this behaviour during the beta, but various changes have been made since beta and play store release.

Something got broken in between.

Scott! - you there?

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Same here, Nexus 7 2012. I have the feeling the choppiness is connected to the fact that the ball movement is also too fast.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Same here, Nexus 7 2012. I have the feeling the choppiness is connected to the fact that the ball movement is also too fast.

I think it may be a result of a fix that was put in to correct a problem with the alphanumeric display.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Confirmed - mine behaves the same.

still not seeing it. Tried with a bunch of different settings and can't repro it. Are you running with Touch control display on? I run in camera mode 3 for table and plunger so not a great deal of scrolling. Also event camera off.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
still not seeing it. Tried with a bunch of different settings and can't repro it. Are you running with Touch control display on? I run in camera mode 3 for table and plunger so not a great deal of scrolling. Also event camera off.

Yeah I have touch zones visible, event cam on, portrait cam 2 locked.
All quality settings are maxed as I've never had a problem with other tables on this device.

It's great on my SGS4 though!

Omar_DmX

Sep 1, 2014
I have the same problem on Galaxy S4 mini and it's affecting a lot of tables not only phantoms of opera! It was working perfectly fine before the update.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I do *not* see any choppiness or lag on my 2012 Nexus 7, KitKat 4.4.4 (non-rooted.) I should be running the latest table, but I'll drop & re-install it to verify.

Turned off the camera locks, turned on the multiball and event cams: still plays fine.

EDIT: and after a drop and reload, it's still playing fine. So is Funhouse (which has the similar display.)

Last edited:

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Really sorry to hear this guys. We've had this issue with some of our LCD tables, sometimes it helps to turn off the LCD on the backglass. I'll look into it ASAP.

Members online

Members online