Clarification regarding Taxi glitch on iOS

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
It says on the bug lists that no one who's tested Taxi has been able to plunge the ball hard enough to get past 25,000 points on the second run up on the Spinout. I don't know if this itself is another glitch or not, but plunging all the way results in a shorter Spinout round than if you plunge the ball about two-thirds of the way. Most commonly, a full plunge will get me either to 100,000 points, or it wraps around and stops at 1,000. I get much longer Spinouts with about two-thirds power.

The absolute longest Spinout I've achieved went to 100,000 points, then wrapped around back to 1,000, then 5,000, then 10,000. It then wrapped back around to 1,000, then 5,000 before staying at 1,000 and awarding me 1,000 points times the ball number before the ball even goes all the way down.

Another thing I noticed is that if the Spinout reaches 100,000 and goes back down to the bottom, and it were to stop at 25,000 points + Spot Passenger, it will stop there. However, if the ball is still going quickly by then, it will skip 25,000 points + Spot Passenger and go from 10,000 points back down to 1,000 points.

My point is that you will see longer Spinout looping if you don't do a full plunge. Whoever tests this table should try plunging at different distances, rather than doing full plunges or close to full plunges.

I've tried this on an iPad 1 and an iPod Touch 3rd-generation. (There are some major lagging issues on the iPod Touch, but that's an issue for another topic. I'll address that once I get some gameplay videos to demonstrate.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.