Classic Stern Poll - Official FarSight Poll (Closed)

Which classic Stern table would you like to see released?

• Catacomb (1981) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=469]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 78 18.4%
  • Flight 2000 (1980) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=887]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 98 23.2%
  • Galaxy (1980) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=980]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Meteor (1979) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1580]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 52 12.3%
  • Nine Ball (1980) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1678]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 35 8.3%
  • Seawitch (1980) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2089]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 94 22.2%
  • Star Gazer (1980) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2346]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 39 9.2%
  • Trident (1979) - [URL=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2644]IPDB.org Link[/URL]

Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I want Flight 2000 to win like you can't believe. If it doesn't, oh well. I can't do anything about it. But like he said, statistically it should win. Will it? We shall see.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
I think the new people were voting for Seawitch because they saw that it was only a few behind Flight 2000 and they wanted to make it close. Now that the results are hidden it should be interesting...

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Moderator EDIT : ***Let's please keep this thread on topic...that goes for everyone.

Also, no need to respond to moderator warnings...please make the requested changes and move on.***

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
For someone that was just warned with a ban, it doesn't seem like you're taking the warning very seriously.

People could just as easily cheat for Flight 2000, and Gord already told you no one was cheating, so just stop your biased moaning already. How many times must you be told? No all your posts are not 100% whining, but one doesn't have to look beyond this very thread to find your whining.

This is supposed to be a fun thread, so let's get it back on topic.

Last edited:

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I'll be perfectly happy with either Seawitch or Flight 2000, they are both great games and I hope that both of them get made eventually. If I had 2 votes, I would have voted for both of them.

If you haven't voted yet, you could vote for Trident since that one also has a great chance of winning. :)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
No more other releases until all these tables are released. Would be fine with me, as long as I get Flight 2000 soon. T2 doesn't interest me, Flight 2000 does. It's all about me ;).

karl

May 10, 2012
Does anyone remember what the score between Flight 2000 and Seawitch was right before it got hidden again? Last I checked it was 8 votes in favor of flight 2000 I think.
This is pretty exciting stuff. More polls, please :-D

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Last picture I have was 96 to 88. But then there were a few more that put it at 96 to 91. Then overnight it has gone up by 9 more votes. Statistically, Flight 2000 should still be in the lead. Is it? We shall see.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
If anything the attitude of the Flight 2000 crew and their rude, whiny, and downright bizarre posts are working against them. Lurkers are probably reading the last two pages and are registering just to troll you guys by voting sea witch. Cause as far as I can tell sea witch doesn't have this crazy, rabid fan crew behind it.

Anyways if Sea Witch wins I'm sorry but I won't be able stop laughing that day. For the record I could really give two ****s which game wins.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Seriously guys, let's just let it go and move on. Any off topic posts may be deleted.

Last edited:

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
If anything the attitude of the Flight 2000 crew and their rude, whiny, and downright bizarre posts are working against them. Lurkers are probably reading the last two pages and are registering just to troll you guys by voting sea witch. Cause as far as I can tell sea witch doesn't have this crazy, rabid fan crew behind it.

Anyways if Sea Witch wins I'm sorry but I won't be able stop laughing that day. For the record I could really give two ****s which game wins.

I have no dog in this particular fight (I cast my lot in with Catacomb), but I do think that both sides need to calm down and realize that we're probably getting both tables eventually (as an aside, how many tables did FS agree with Stern to make?). Also, having a winner-take-all system with this many contestants was bound to lead to some bad blood...or a least that's what I think. Sentiments were a lot more muted with the Bally poll's results (at least as far as I can remember) because both Eight Ball Deluxe and Fathom are high-profile enough to make them essentially locks for a release at some point, which I believe we can all agree isn't the case with early Sterns. Either way, though, I trust FS to bring us at least a few more of these down the line, no matter who wins.

Anyway, was I the only one surprised that Nine Ball has fared so poorly? It has some great shots, a distinctive art package, interesting mechanics and a fun tutorial video at pinball.org. My own pet theory on this is that it was the overwhelming second and/or third choice of the voters, but only a few voters' first pick. The only other thing I could think of is that the rules confused many would-be backers (even Bowen Kerins couldn't fully dope them out, after all), but the in-game instructions should negate this issue, so I don't think that's it? Anyhow, I'm certain that FarSight will do the right thing here (read: an EBD/Nine Ball table pack before 2014 is out).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have no dog in this particular fight (I cast my lot in with Catacomb), but I do think that both sides need to calm down and realize that we're probably getting both tables eventually.

Both sides? No one is whining about any table except Flight 2000, and it was just two guys....and they've made a mess out of this thread.

Thank you for trying to get it back on topic:

Anyway, was I the only one surprised that Nine Ball has fared so poorly? It has some great shots, a distinctive art package, interesting mechanics and a fun tutorial video at pinball.org. My own pet theory on this is that it was the overwhelming second and/or third choice of the voters, but only a few voters' first pick. The only other thing I could think of is that the rules confused many would-be backers (even Bowen Kerins couldn't fully dope them out, after all), but the in-game instructions should negate this issue, so I don't think that's it? Anyhow, I'm certain that FarSight will do the right thing here (read: an EBD/Nine Ball table pack before 2014 is out).

Last edited:

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
How funny would it be if Trident wins? I believe it had about 1% before the polls were hidden again.

Given how popular Flight 2000 and Seawitch are, it would be hard to believe that FS wouldn't end up making both (if not all) of them some time in the future.

Message for the community in general: It should be well understood that these polls are not a perfect science in determining which tables are the best and should be made first. Everyone will have there own opinions about which tables they like the most, and the less popular opinions are just as valid as the more popular ones. We should all be thankful that FS is giving us the opportunity to participate in their table decision process, since only a few developers have this level of involvement with their fans.

TLDR: Vote for your favorite table, and understand that it is not the end of the world if your table doesn't win.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Personally, I would rather not have my favorite table listed in a poll for others to decide if it gets made or not. How about kickstarters for non licensed tables? I will kick in $100 for you know what. This has been nothing but stressful for me, others think it is funny. Not me.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Personally, I would rather not have my favorite table listed in a poll for others to decide if it gets made or not. How about kickstarters for non licensed tables? I will kick in $100 for you know what. This has been nothing but stressful for me, others think it is funny. Not me.

You live in Hawaii and gettin stressed about pinball? Go get some sun. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts