Combos...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I lean more towards older pins, but one thing I like about ramps is the ability for combos. AFM for example takes advantage of this beautifully, with great DMD notifications as well. I'm always dissappointed when I play a machine that doesn't give out many or any rewards for combos. Even MM is lacking in that regard.

What do you think are some of the best combo machines in all of pinball? Which are your favorite combos to hit in TPA?

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
As a kid, I have fond memories of working the combos on T2 at my local mall arcade.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
ToM is one of Mrs Timelords favorite tables Ark.

I like the ramp/combos on CftBL. It has some unusual loop stuff going on, and the "Move Your Car" mode can rack up the points and reward you with a bit of humor in the process.

Timelord ...

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Combos I think reflect the games FLOW characteristics wich I preffer for the intensity/speed factor I can also appreciate the skill and intensity/danger of a control shot game. Like golf flow is your driver and woods and control is short game :) some coarses play to a certain strength and as your skill gets better you might see the table/coarse differently.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
In TPA: I once pulled off a 12-way combo to finish Theatre of Magic's Grand Finale in one continuous movement.

In real life: Although there's not any sort of special award for it, on AC/DC LE: Left ramp > right orbit > right ramp > left orbit > bell. It does make all 5 note shots in one go, and it was very pretty. Lyman, can you hear me? We need some sort of small point award for the around-the-world combo!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The three way combo in TZ is my favorite.
I also like the combos in Revenge of The Rob O Bot if that counts.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The three way combo in TZ is my favorite.

What I like about this one is that there are multiple ways to do it! I thought I'd messed it up the other day, and hit some other shot, and the DMD flashed that I'd got a three way combo, and that was a nice surprise. : )

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I just downloaded the Plants Vs Zombies table for Zen. I know this is a TPA thread but now everytime I score a combo on ANY pinball game or machine I hear a sweet sounding gardener chick saying "c, c, c, combo!" in my brain. Its downright infectious! :D

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Never hit the 7-way on a real Shadow (have only played a few games on a real one since the good old days) but doing it on my virtual cabinet was one of my greater successes on that thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.