Request CONGO Pinball Table

Ekimrelooc76

Dec 2, 2014
The last time I saw one was way back in the late '90s. I'd love to play it again. It had some fun features to it as I remember. The three I liked the most were the video mode where you use the flipper buttons to choose the right path to find diamonds, the "Super Multiball"(which had 5 balls on the play field at once), and the special multiball event "Midnight Madness"(sometimes it seemed like there were 6 or more balls in play). One guy thought I broke the machine when he heard it shut down then start going nuts.I think the table was made by Williams in the mid '90s. Any idea if you guys can get your hands on it?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Looks like a cool pin. The movie is hilariously bad. Wouldn't think the license would cost that much. :D

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Would be nice. Would like to see this alongside The Shadow. Licences involved, but after the Sony deal, never say never.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
It's a paramount film. They just did business with them on Addams family. So who knows... It looks like a really fun table.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Congo is a blast. Got to play it at the FL. Arcade Expo, and its the pin I spent the most time on that whole weekend. Would love this table in TPA!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I know a pinball place who has it, but as they have around 100 pins I missed this one.
Will check it out next time. People speak very positively about it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's a great pin. In my personal top 5 unreleased tables I'd like to see added into the game.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Williams had quite a knack for turning questionable licenses into great pinball machines. Congo seems to be another example. Though I've never played it, it looks worthy for TPA, judging by the design. The theme would be a great break from the norms, although not as great as the "never-to-appear-on-TPA-unless-kickstarted" Jurassic Park.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Think they could pull off congo without a kickstarter?

Depends if the film studio will cooperate like Sony has with Ghostbusters and unspecified upcoming tables. It has actor likenesses on it, which could be problematic.

night

May 18, 2012
I don't know this table at all, but that lower playfield looks great.

image-11.jpg

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I don't know this table at all, but that lower playfield looks great.

image-11.jpg

It's a fun table with a good amount to do. It would be a shame if licensing costs got in the way of it. The same goes for The Shadow. You could do both and arrange a discount on Tim Curry's likeness fee :)

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Never played it irl but it's a beautiful table and looks like a lot of fun. I sincerely hope FS decides to release this table at some point.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The lower playfield is boring and silly to me. But I think the rest of the pin is super. Has FS ever commented on if the license is doable? I can't recall.

Members online

Members online