Considering a Pin*Bot for $2600

Cuddlebuddie928

Feb 16, 2013
As the title notes, I am considering a Pin*Bot for $2600, in great shape and converted to LED's. This would be my first pinball machine. Any thoughts on the price?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
That's really quite expensive. For comparison, I bought a reasonable (not great) High Speed in Australia for $1800AUD. That's a game that'd go for around a grand or so over there.

No idea what Pin*bot generally goes for in the US, but I don't imagine a perfect example would go for any more than $1500. At the extreme most.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
At that price, I'd expect a new clearcoated play field and a restoration on par with what High End Pins does. They made A LOT of Pinbots. You can get one cheaper.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
For that price, you can get something more modern like a 1990's dmd game, such as "The Getaway", "demolition man", or "party zone"

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
According to the 9th edition of The Pinball Price Guide, PIN•BOT is $1,450 in mint condition, $950 in good condition, and $525 in okay condition. The reason for the low price despite high demand is because there were many made, at 12,001, but there isn't enough demand outside of pinball circles to drive its price up further (which is why Addams Family is so valuable despite there being over twice as many of those). Hence, most collectors who really want one already have one.

My advice is that, if the situation is not urgent, to hold on to that PIN•BOT for a bit longer. Interest in pinball is increasing steadily right now, and with that the price of ALL pinball machines will rise with it.

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Yeah quite frankly, that's about 3x too high. 2x if it's in mint, fully restored condition. Plenty of playing Pin*Bot's out there for ~$1k

LittleJa

Jan 22, 2015
I bought mine in 2001 for $1,200 in very good condition. The plasma displays player 3 and 4, match and ball have finally burned out completely but plays very well with a player 1 and 2. If you're purchasing a Pinbot, make sure it has the light bar topper. I see a lot of them out there missing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.