CONTEST: Predict Season 5 & Table Packs 39 & 40!

invitro

May 4, 2012
I know a price for this competition!

A weekend at invitro where food, pinball and vinyl is served :cool:

I would be happy to fest with fellow plebs^H^H^H^H^HTPAheads, and I have plenty of food and a cornucopia of vinyl, but I don't got no pinball :(. SO SAD. Hey, do you think I'd be playing so much fake pinball if I had access to the real thing? Well I probably would, but anyway.

Do you guys & gals like corn dogs? Devo?

invitro

May 4, 2012
I think Indy 500 has a good chance, especially since the 2016 running is #100. That said, I'd place it at #50 since that should be close to a May release next year.

I would love to see Indy 500, especially since I've played it like only three times. The only time I've seen it in the wild was in an arcade in Virginia Beach... and that arcade had the only No Fear I'd seen to that point, and NF got my quarters that day. It seems like an inexpensive license but I am usually mistaken about these things...

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
[MENTION=4529]The Night Flier[/MENTION]: would you like to make your predictions? (or are you gonna be chicken like [MENTION=4507]Dedpop[/MENTION]? ;))

Gorgar's list pretty much sums it up, that is why i quoted it.The order of the tables is really irrelevant since i think even Farsight doesn't have a definite order within a season beforehand.They often wing it.I do presume we will get HS2 as #40 and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein around Halloween.And to make it clear, Gorgar's list is not necessarily my wish list, it is just the list that reads the most realistic to me.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
39 - Red n Ted's Road Show
40 - Spirit of '76
41 - HS2
42 - Paragon
43 - Bone Busters
44 - Freddy - NoES
45 - F14 Tomcat (for Pearl Harbor Day)
46 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (upset special)
47 - Simpsons Pinball Party
48 - EBD
49 - Fireball
50 - Johnny Mnumonic (sp?)

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Gorgar's list pretty much sums it up, that is why i quoted it.The order of the tables is really irrelevant since i think even Farsight doesn't have a definite order within a season beforehand.They often wing it.I do presume we will get HS2 as #40 and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein around Halloween.And to make it clear, Gorgar's list is not necessarily my wish list, it is just the list that reads the most realistic to me.

A part of me wants to exchange Sorcerer for Simpsons Pinball Party pending a kickstarter. Too many decisions.

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
39. R&T's Road Show
40. Spirit of '76
41. The Getaway: HS2
42. Mousin' Around
43. Surf 'n' Safari
44. Simpson's Pinball Party (Obligatory Kickstarter Spectacular)
45. F-14 Tomcat
46. Space Station
47. Banzai Run
48. Demolition Man
49. Stars
50. Paragon

It was actually kind of tough following the traditional alternating DMD -> Alphanumeric/ESS pattern, since it became apparent as I went through the list that they've pretty much run out of unlicensed DMDs once Road Show and The Getaway are in (excluding Capcom/SEGA pins, and those would likely be virtually impossible to get anyway). Since most major licenses have required Kickstarters to acquire in the past, I doubt FarSight would be willing to hold one every other month, hence why there are a lot more alphanumerics/ESSs on the list than normal (I even went borderline EM with Stars... figured that would be the "unexpected" of the bunch, and a lot of die-hards seem to love that one). I figured they might be able to get the Demolition Man license for cheap, hence its inclusion, but otherwise I pretty much kept the DMDs to the two aforementioned unlicensed tables and SPP. I figured SPP would get in since other than Indy (which seems as likely as it was two years ago), it's the licensed DMD most people have been chomping at the bit for.

tl;dr: I'm expecting a lot more unorthodox release schedule in the coming year than normal.

invitro

May 4, 2012
they've pretty much run out of unlicensed DMDs once Road Show and The Getaway are in (excluding Capcom/SEGA pins, and those would likely be virtually impossible to get anyway).

RS and HS2 are licensed, or they sure seem like they are to me. I don't think Sega made any unlicensed tables at all. The remaining non-Capcom unlicensed production DMDs from the major manufacturers are:

WMS: Hurricane, Safe Cracker
DE: Checkpoint
Stern: Striker Xtreme
Gottlieb: Wipe Out, Gladiators, World Challenge Soccer

if I got that right.

Thanks for the entries folks, here's an update of # of picks per table:

21 - Red & Ted's Road Show
20 - The Getaway: High Speed II
19 - F-14 Tomcat
19 - Paragon
14 - The Simpsons Pinball Party
11 - Eight Ball Deluxe
11 - Mousin' Around
10 - Bone Busters Inc.
10 - Banzai Run
10 - Safe Cracker
9 - Tales from the Crypt
8 - Johnny Mnemonic
7 - Frankenstein
7 - Last Action Hero
6 - Spirit of 76
6 - Stargate
5 - Hurricane
5 - Judge Dredd
5 - Shadow
4 - Swords of Fury
4 - Space Station
3 - Corvette
3 - Fireball
3 - Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street
3 - TX-Sector
3 - World Cup Soccer
2 - Bad Cats
2 - Catacomb
2 - Sorcerer
1 - Aquarius
1 - Cactus Jack's
1 - Comet
1 - Demolition Man
1 - The Bally Game Show
1 - Gilligan's Island
1 - Indy 500
1 - Jurassic Park
1 - Pinball Magic
1 - Rescue 911
1 - Star Wars Episode I
1 - Sinbad
1 - Surf 'n Safari
1 - Spirit
1 - Stars
1 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
1 - Time Machine
1 - The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard
1 - World Poker Tour
1 - Wipe Out

There are 21 entries now.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
RS and HS2 are licensed, or they sure seem like they are to me. I don't think Sega made any unlicensed tables at all. The remaining non-Capcom unlicensed production DMDs from the major manufacturers are:

WMS: Hurricane, Safe Cracker
DE: Checkpoint
Stern: Striker Xtreme
Gottlieb: Wipe Out, Gladiators, World Challenge Soccer

Road Show and Getaway have licensed music, which makes them as "licensed" as Party Zone.

Also, Checkpoint has a Porsche license. It features a 911 toy on the playfield with a clearly visible Porsche logo, and the drop targets spell CARRERA.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't think Stern's Grand Prix is licensed. Of course it is just a reskin of NASCAR for markets outside North America. So I don't know how that would affect things.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I don't think Stern's Grand Prix is licensed. Of course it is just a reskin of NASCAR for markets outside North America. So I don't know how that would affect things.

Good catch... looks like I was wrong about "Grand Prix" (the name/theme) being licensed, but it looks like it has a licensed song... the flyer mentions Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55". ( http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/5120/image-7.jpg )

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Farsight's going to have to step up their game on getting the lesser licenses without Kickstarting. Stuff like No Fear, Judge Dredd, Johnny Mnemonic, Demo Man, Shadow, Corvette. There's a good number of good DMDs yet to be had. Now that precedent has been set for license-related alterations like the Fester artwork, maybe these are more possible. Guessing which licenses Farsight is going to be able to pull off is a sucker's game, though.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well let's take Demo Man as an example. The big fish there is Sly Stallone. Now imagine Wesley Snipes has a "most favored nation" clause in his contract - he'd have to be paid the same as Stallone. I don't imagine Stallone comes cheap. It's one thing to alter the Fester artwork in TAF, because it's heavy makeup and prosthetics to start with, but Stallone and Snipes in Demo man are very recognizable. You can't really airbrush them out of it.

Judge Dredd from a licensing perspective is interesting - it's not based on the movie, it's based on the comic books, so you'd be dealing only with 2000AD, and I suspect they'd be up for it.

I'd be all for altering the artwork on The Shadow so I don't have to keep looking at Alec Baldwin ;)

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
39. Road Show
40. Spirit of 76
41. The Getaway: High Speed 2
42. Paragon
43. Nightmare on Elm St.
44. Mousin Around
45. Hurricane
46. Eight Ball Deluxe
47. Simpson's Pool Party
48. F-14 Tomcat
49. The Shadow
50. South Park

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
39. Road Show
40. Cactus Jack's
41. The Getaway: High Speed 2
42. F-14 Tomcat
43. Bone Busters
44. Last Action Hero
45. Roller Coaster Tycoon
46. Safe Cracker
47. Paragon
48. Hurricane
49. Time Machine
50. Banzai Run

I would love for half of these to be right.

Gary

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
All of those mentioned is getting to be 'must have' for me ;)

Judge Dredd seems like a table I would like but didn't name in my future telling. Also Tales from the Crypt has piqued my attention as Nate Shivers really love that table!

Gawd, Farsight hire more people and release 2 tables a month!!!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Mind if I take a crack at it? ( I didn't really care about the DMD - non DMD pattern)

39 Red & Ted
40 Rescue 911
41 HS2
42 F14
43 Mary shelley's Frankenstein
44 the shadow
45 banzai run
46 the Simpsons pinball party
47 Eight ball deluxe
48 mousin around
49 Judge Dredd
50 safecracker

Also there's way too many Williams, but I'll still stick with my guesses.
*ok I swear this is the last time I'm editing. It's not like any information has been revealed since yesterday. It's set in stone! (For now)

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
All of those mentioned is getting to be 'must have' for me ;)

Judge Dredd seems like a table I would like but didn't name in my future telling. Also Tales from the Crypt has piqued my attention as Nate Shivers really love that table!

Gawd, Farsight hire more people and release 2 tables a month!!!

2 tables a month? Nope. Not while Black Freakin' Knight still, to this day, has issues. Not while we're still waiting for a new GUI (revealed in 2013), ROM emulation for older tables, cabinet support, a WiiU version (advertised as available since launch announcement in 2011) and there are still major bugs still in Season 1.

To their credit, FarSight has corrected two of their many mistakes by finally releasing DLC for the 360 version and stepping up their support for DX11 on PC. But still, they're never going to have enough peeps to fix the many things still wrong with TPA. hat is, unless some bigger company buys them. Despite my complaints about TPA, I still hope FarSight doesn't succumb to such corporate voraciousness.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
2 tables a month? Nope. Not while Black Freakin' Knight still, to this day, has issues. Not while we're still waiting for a new GUI (revealed in 2013), ROM emulation for older tables, cabinet support, a WiiU version (advertised as available since launch announcement in 2011) and there are still major bugs still in Season 1.

To their credit, FarSight has corrected two of their many mistakes by finally releasing DLC for the 360 version and stepping up their support for DX11 on PC. But still, they're never going to have enough peeps to fix the many things still wrong with TPA. hat is, unless some bigger company buys them. Despite my complaints about TPA, I still hope FarSight doesn't succumb to such corporate voraciousness.
Guess you have a point :eek:
Hire more people to fix the old tables?... Damn, not economical viable.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hire more people to fix the old tables?... Damn, not economical viable.

People who work for Farsight have to commit to living 8000 feet up a mountain over an hour's steep and winding drive from the nearest major city (San Bernadino and the rest of LA).

Folks looking to move to southern California don't usually do so to live up a mountain where the air is thin and the weather is decidedly chilly, even in summer. If they want to live high up, they move to Denver.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
People who work for Farsight have to commit to living 8000 feet up a mountain over an hour's steep and winding drive from the nearest major city (San Bernadino and the rest of LA).

Folks looking to move to southern California don't usually do so to live up a mountain where the air is thin and the weather is decidedly chilly, even in summer. If they want to live high up, they move to Denver.

Location, location, location.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.