Could it be Farsight?

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I dunno. I don't think Pinball Circus would be that great in digital form. The fun of the machine is the physical act of getting the ball up to the top level. It also would need to have those lighting effects when you climb each level to get the visual aspect of the game right. With the current TPA physics and lighting, I don't see this as being something they would want to get into.

karl

May 10, 2012
It comes in handy but it is not impossible to do it the hard way. They have done it before. They also showed some interest in the machine a while ago on Facebook (if I remember correctly)

It might not be the best table in the world (The rules was never finished) but I would like to have it in TPA anyway since it is so rare and if that is the only way, so be it. Much to expensive to travel to Las Vegas just to play it (for some of us at least)

Probably not Farsight who was there anyway but fun to speculate, nonetheless

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I always thought they had to have the actual table at Big Bear not just pictures

They made an exception for Goin Nuts so I'm sure they would make an exception here as well. There's only 2 of them in the world.

Is the rom even dumped? Made from photographs I can accept. No rom emulation for a DMD game, I cannot.

This would be huge news if it's coming to Pinball Arcade.

=edit= I don't think the rom was dumped. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
They made an exception for Goin Nuts so I'm sure they would make an exception here as well. There's only 2 of them in the world.

Is the rom even dumped? Made from photographs I can accept. No rom emulation for a DMD game, I cannot.

This would be huge news if it's coming to Pinball Arcade.

=edit= I don't think the rom was dumped. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your suspicions are correct, Mark. Pinside has a thread running about getting the ROMs. It's an interesting read.

Google "Pinball Circus ROM" and the thread is one of the top results.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They would need to have permission to release it unlike the two prototypes that were made. The table as made is way too boring

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
They would need to have permission to release it unlike the two prototypes that were made. The table as made is way too boring

Not only that, but my understanding was that when FarSight inquired about it to Williams, the response was "there's a reason it never made it out of prototype".

karl

May 10, 2012
Wasn't it all about the costs of production?

That's what I heard also

Not only that, but my understanding was that when FarSight inquired about it to Williams, the response was "there's a reason it never made it out of prototype".

That's a pity if this is the final answer from Williams. It would be hard to recreate for sure, with all the upper level action and it is far from my most wanted table at this stage but I would still like to see it on TPA.

Regarding the ROM file, there should not be any problems recreating it, if they get permission to do it. Heck, A lot of people would actually like to have it just to have the rom file out there in circulation ;)

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Someone ask on Facebook, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to blast it out of the water if it wasn't them.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I recall hearing Roger Sharpe does not want any prototype/non-production games from WMS to be remade by Farsight. Probably someone doing maintenance. It looks like it is a pretty involved machine and would take a lot of effort to maintain properly.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I recall hearing Roger Sharpe does not want any prototype/non-production games from WMS to be remade by Farsight. Probably someone doing maintenance. It looks like it is a pretty involved machine and would take a lot of effort to maintain properly.
You don't generally photograph each piece while you're cleaning it, though I'm not expecting this anytime soon, if ever at all, and who cares what Roger Sharpe wants. He's the one who suggested they tone down the difficulty on each table, and look at what a fiasco that turned out to be!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
and who cares what Roger Sharpe wants. He's the one who suggested they tone down the difficulty on each table, and look at what a fiasco that turned out to be!

Because who do you think is in control of the Williams license? That's why you care what Roger says. Even though he's wrong!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts