Could it be Farsight?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If they are going to pull a rabbit out of their hat, I'd prefer Capcom's Kingpin over Pinball Circus. But any surprise of this scale would be very welcome.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Because who do you think is in control of the Williams license? That's why you care what Roger says. Even though he's wrong!

ShutyerTrap is correct, although Rodger Sharpe just recently stepped down as Director of Brand Licensing at WMS and is now CEO of Sharpe Communications, Inc.

https://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=EB79A487112B48A296B38C81345C8C7F&nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=5C58B40E2CFF41EA94735BCB64EC0AF6

Timelord ...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Also pictures could be used for a variety of things. Insurance, reference points for maintenance, publishing a book/web pics, etc. of course it could be farsight but no reason to jump to conclusions.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Also pictures could be used for a variety of things. Insurance, reference points for maintenance, publishing a book/web pics, etc. of course it could be farsight but no reason to jump to conclusions.

Indeed. While this would be cool, it's wishful thinking for the time being. It could be one of many other boring and meaningless things.

karl

May 10, 2012

It was only meant as fun speculation and to get some relief from the usual bicker in some of the other threads lately. I realize it is probably only a 10% chance at best it was Farsight on the spot taking pictures and video footage but why not dream a little :).

I did not mean for anyone to get their hopes to high on the subject, so I am Sorry if that was the case ;)

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
There is a new thread on pinside about Pinball Circus. Somebody was at the pinball museum in Las Vegas the other day and he observed someone who was taking lots of close-up pictures of it and documenting all the parts.

Anybody know if Farsight employees have been observed in the area? Would be nice! Would be fun to have it on TPA

Link: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-circuis-being-documented-at-phof#post-1674999

No, it was not them:

Any chance for "Pinball Circus"? There seems to be some speculation that you guys were possibly at the Pinball Museum in Las Vegas, taking pictures of the game.

We most certainly were not

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It was only meant as fun speculation and to get some relief from the usual bicker in some of the other threads lately. I realize it is probably only a 10% chance at best it was Farsight on the spot taking pictures and video footage but why not dream a little :).

I did not mean for anyone to get their hopes to high on the subject, so I am Sorry if that was the case

Not me! I would love for it to come out, personally and I do have high hopes it will one day be digitized. It is easy and incomplete but also a fun and unique playing experience. I'm glad dokkenrokken got a solid answer but it is fun to speculate anyway. I know that it's been a rumor of revisiting the concept for a while so maybe a company is looking to do something similar or even "complete" the pinball circus experience.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Not me! I would love for it to come out, personally and I do have high hopes it will one day be digitized. It is easy and incomplete but also a fun and unique playing experience. I'm glad dokkenrokken got a solid answer but it is fun to speculate anyway. I know that it's been a rumor of revisiting the concept for a while so maybe a company is looking to do something similar or even "complete" the pinball circus experience.

It does look pretty interesting

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=pinball+circus&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks for ruining my thread, Dokken ;)

Serious hat on: Appreciate the info digging

PS! I was not thinking of you, Bowflex. I know your brain power goes to eleven and that you understand all this stuff ;) (Nigel is my hero). Quoting you was a bit of miss communication from me, but you voiced what others might think so that is why I used it. Sorry for the confusion.

:confused: myself

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That would be pretty cool.

Again, I am hopeful that it will appear. It sounds like a very strong possibility now which it had been the rumor of being halted by the Sharpes due to being more of a prototype. I think a big question is if we will get the original version or if the (soon to be produced) new version will come out. It would be great to have the new version as it is supposed to have more features and rules that did not make it into the 2 games that did get produced. No word on what those are yet, though.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Again, I am hopeful that it will appear. It sounds like a very strong possibility now which it had been the rumor of being halted by the Sharpes due to being more of a prototype. I think a big question is if we will get the original version or if the (soon to be produced) new version will come out. It would be great to have the new version as it is supposed to have more features and rules that did not make it into the 2 games that did get produced. No word on what those are yet, though.

I know next to nothing about it, besides what I've seen picture wise. However, it's more rare than "Goin Nuts" if I'm not mistaken, so I'm down for it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I know next to nothing about it, besides what I've seen picture wise. However, it's more rare than "Goin Nuts" if I'm not mistaken, so I'm down for it.

Never a bad reason to go to Vegas! Gotta get a trip there for the Pinball Hall of Fame amongst all the other amazingness in that city!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

It's more fun than Goin' Nuts too. If there is a more detailed rule set that can be added, it's needed. To be honest, the machine is a novelty much in the same way as seeing giant sized claw games or massive digital Connect Fours at Dave and Busters. Once you get over the fact that it's strange to behold, what you are left with is the game. I managed to get to the top level of Pinball Circus on my second play through, and I had no idea what I was doing. And it's really not going to translate much different on video from any other table, whereas in real life we're talkin' about 3+ feet of elevation that ball is traveling.

speedfreakz

Mar 15, 2014
For rare pins I would rather see King Kong then pinball circus. I have played both and I'm not impressed with pinball circus at least king kong was worth playing more then once. A better "climbing" pin is banzai run.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.