Creature from the Black Lagoon ColorDMD

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Atermarket mods are not something FarSight does. So I don't think you will ever see this. Also why there are no gum balls on Twilight Zone.
Shame though, those color DMDs are beautiful.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
They are doing green alphanumerics on HH, I think, though, which is a first for them. But admittedly a very small tweak.

That is a mod, right?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well,hopefully TPWA will get this for its CFTBL,because it looks awesome! (Not to mention that it is one of my all time favorite pins)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The whole point of TPA is to preserve history, so no ColorDMD will ever be included.

Last edited:

Grrrande

Jul 23, 2012
Imagine if ColorDMD were an option of Pro Mode. I'd go back and get them all in Pro...the ones with DMD anyway.

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Atermarket mods are not something FarSight does. So I don't think you will ever see this. Also why there are no gum balls on Twilight Zone.
Shame though, those color DMDs are beautiful.

Far as I understand it WMS won't approve any table that has any non-factory changes made to it, which rules out any mods. Shame, I really like some of the popular mods out there.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
In all honesty, I'm actually amazed that WMS care.

One can hope its because they want to preserve their IP for a reason...

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Didn't the odd mod slip through accidentally? I recall the bony beast on FS's SS had a paint job that they didn't realise was a mod, so it made it in. Or something like that.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Didn't the odd mod slip through accidentally? I recall the bony beast on FS's SS had a paint job that they didn't realise was a mod, so it made it in. Or something like that.

You are correct.

Bones are color washed on TPA version vs the all-white plastic look of a real machine.

karl

May 10, 2012
The color dmds is one of the best mods around. I was a little bit skeptic at first but now I do not miss the orange color at all on the ones I have modified. In fact just changing the stock color like Sean did on his TZ is refreshing.

I really hope the color dmd guys will do some Sterns soon also. LOTR would look nice with a color dmd, I think.

It is indeed a pity that Farisight is not allowed to do this with the Williams license. I wonder if Stern is just as strict when it comes to Farsight doing some custom work?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.