Bug Crossboard posting

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
The PC players I talk with don't have iDevices so, help us out and tell us what tables aren't posting to the correct leaderboard.

Junkyard, SafeCracker, EarthShaker, and Whirlwind are the victim boards we're aware of
dpc85f2.png

So if you're, like [MENTION=2528]Crooker[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2241]Extork[/MENTION] , finding yourself high on the weekly or monthly victim boards at http://www.pinballarcade.com/Leaderboards and you recognize what table you played that submitted that score, please tell us what table you played and what board it submitted to.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Wow.didn't even realize this was happening. So on Safecracker those are scores from AC/DC. That was a quick glance. I'll check on the other ones you mentioned and let you know.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
So I went thru the other tables you mentioned and do not see any scores of mine that could be from a SBA table. If you have an example , relaxation post it here and I'll try to figure it out. Definitely though extork's ,mine and Crusty's score on the Safecracker leaderboard are from AC/DC.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Yeah I see your Whirlwind is from 2015 Crooker, but all around you on the all time iOS board are since SternPA released.. have you played all the sternPA tables by chance?

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Yes I've played them all. I'll sit down sometime soon and see if I can figure out where the scores you are talking might come from. Pretty busy right now. Do you think they are just crossing over from SPA or is something going on within TPA leadboards also?

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Problem with trying to figure this out is that the leaderboards within SPA are screwed up also. AC/DC is the only one that is correct as far as I know.
It's all a big mess within both TPA and SPA.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
No worries, it's been like this for 6 months, not like it's a time sensitive thing. ;) I'd help more if I could.

which reminds me, I should check if a majority of scores are posted after sternPAs date or not.. regardless of platform

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
nothing else really stands out for iOS when comparing the top 200 since SternPAs release on 12/23/2016 (Gladiators released the day before)
m4Il2OX.png

Curious if SPA bumped up Frankenstein exposure to the PSN crowd or what.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Frankenstein is free to play on steam and I think android too, I don't know about psn but maybe it still might have something to do with it?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Yes it's free on android... but only 5,000 ~ 10,000 downloads? PSN did get it earlier than most platforms.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
[MENTION=5759]relaxation[/MENTION], thanks for mentioning me man. I'm happy to help. So far I can confirm AC/DC is going to Safecracker. It makes sense because I've literally just been playing AC/DC this last week. That's the only score that would've shown up for weekly.

Also I found out that MSF is the one that's posting to Junkyard. It's showing 3,265,249,040 for both. That proof enough. But just for the hell of it, I'll try to top that score, and we'll see if it shows up under weekly for Junkyard.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
We're on a mission from God. Last Action Hero is posting to Earthshaker. 738k for both. Coincidence?

Whirlwind is where I'm at a loss though. It's possible that the SPA table that's posting to it I haven't even played yet, but I'm on the case. Also I'm looking for other TPA tables that we might not even know are getting messed up yet.

....I have a hunch (not just the one on my back) about which table is posting to WW. And that's SPA Ripley's. I've got nothing to back that up (back - like the hunch, get it?). Put up some high scores for Riley's SPA fellow iOS users. Let's figure this out together

But seriously, challenge accepted by myself. All I have to do is score more than 115m on Ripley's, and then I'll know for sure.

There's kind of a lot resting on my back right now

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Proving Ripley's / Whirlwind is going to be a bit trickier, because at the "normal" end of scoring, both those tables score very similarly. It's only when you get to ultra-long games that the relative linearity of Whirlwind holds you back, and the cumulative craziness of Contintent jackpots boosts Ripley's scores.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Proving Ripley's / Whirlwind is going to be a bit trickier, because at the "normal" end of scoring, both those tables score very similarly. It's only when you get to ultra-long games that the relative linearity of Whirlwind holds you back, and the cumulative craziness of Contintent jackpots boosts Ripley's scores.

That is the challenge my friend. I believe my score for WW was accurate. It's easily beatable with the things that you said. Ripley's is easy. But I haven't done the SPA one much. After a while it wouldn't be hard to tell. Ima pass out now. For me, I only have to beat 115m. Let me do my detectiv work. I am the worlds greatest detective

You are right. The scores are similar. The only way we would know for sure is if people get get a high score and it also shows up on WW.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't really want to have to try it because SPA on Android is not in great shape, but I can give Ripley's a whirl there myself and see what happens.

Also maybe try Ripley's on my PC (again, it would mean firing up SPA... still waiting for the Star Trek crash bug to be fixed though...).

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
If they're posting the exact scores to both tables for some reason, score anything from just one of those tables this week and compare weekly boards.. if iOS has those, I see them on steam.

Thanks Extork for your contributions

if AC/DC was cross-posting on android.. no one on android has finished an ac/dc mode because 14M+ on safecrackers leaderboard would rank you rather high on android

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Doesn't this make you think that EVERY SPA table is posting to a random TPA table? How in the actual heck did that happen? Anyways, I've got nothing else to do, so I'm curious to see where Mustang is posting to. So, that's my next project. It just seems fitting that that table would be the next one on the list to be causing problems. There's much work to be done childs

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
what makes this difficult is the steam SPA leaderboard doesn't appear to show iOS scores which I'm fine with, leaderboard parity hurray, l but I cannot produce screenshots of the evidence.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] has this issue been on your radar?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
what makes this difficult is the steam SPA leaderboard doesn't appear to show iOS scores which I'm fine with, leaderboard parity hurray, l but I cannot produce screenshots of the evidence.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] has this issue been on your radar?

It is, I don't have the list of tables that are pointing to the wrong tables but we plan to get a fix in when we update the Stern App.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Don't know if this helps or not but my Ripleys score on SPA is just a little over a billion which is on the SPA Ripleys leaderboard. This score is obviously a lot higher than my TPA Whirlwind score. As Eldar mentioned WW becomes really hard to score on after a certain point. Where Ripleys continent scoring becomes huge. Espicially if you set it up with 2x scoring every time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.