Bug Crossboard posting

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
they're aware but haven't done anything.

Exactly

...maybe they'll do something about the leaderboards when pigs can fly. I'm fine with helping you out with figuring out what's posting to what. It's fine with me to just play tables that I own to help out. But I don't think anything will come of it.

Maybe I'm just sour about SPA right now. It's too bad too, because I really was hoping it would work out. But from the sounds of it, there are a bunch of people who aren't happy with SPA. And now I'm in that camp. It's a known issue (god I'm sick of hearing that), but AC/DC is so bad right now. I was holding off on the update just because of it. There are a ton of great tables to play, but this is not cool. They offered 3 new tables, and that was how long ago? Now 1 of them you can't even play, the other doesn't even make a difference what score you post, and the other is just 'ok', and still doesn't post scores right. When SPA came out I was very excited, but all of that excitement is gone. And it's not a problem of getting sick of a table. I could play ac/dc all day. But now we just have clinking noises, and no way to be able to tell what the hell is going on. If Stern is upset with FS right now, I can see why %100. Sorry for the rant.

But [MENTION=5759]relaxation[/MENTION], I'll still be here for ya, to test out things on the IOS end.

Tarek made a good point about other issues with tables posting to the wrong leaderboards. There's no way for me to even begin to figure that out though

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Tarek made a good point about other issues with tables posting to the wrong leaderboards.

Yes, for me I would say it's time to recognize the truth. Farsight has done such a lot of horrible mistakes in the last months without any correction. It is close to think that this company isn't the pinball enthusiast team they told us. There main goal seems the cash. The digital pinball museum needs for sure more maintenance. The worse is it that most of the issues aren't complicated to fix. I've given up to play for the leaderboard and can't see other pinball guys with considerable scores in the last time. Sad to say...

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Agreed. It's almost like they need a month off to make those easy fixes. Oh wait, that happened. But really, I didn't mean to turn this into, 'this is what FS isn't doing'. Let's stay true to the thread title. Tarek, you want some good old fashioned competition, but do you have any idea where those weird scores are coming from? Do you think your rollover scores are posting to a different table? Also there are impersonators, but do you have any thoughts on that? Maybe you're so good that you are posting to other tables accidentally?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Agreed. It's almost like they need a month off to make those easy fixes.

It took a few hours only to clean the wrong leaderboards and give tables in the game another leaderboard ID. All bugs where discussed in this forum very fast. Now after months of idleness It is almost impossible to sort some scores right for some tables. In addition there's no attempt from Farsight to fix anything.

Do you think your rollover scores are posting to a different table?

There's only one wrong score from me at the leaderboards. The 61B at Centigrade 37 is from Dr. Who - MoT. This first release issue was fixed after a few weeks. But Farsight doesn't clean the leaderbord for Centigrade 37.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
My thinking is what would it take it archive the current database and wipe the slate clean, sure people have worked hard for their current rankings but if they still find pinball fun is it really gonna stop them going for a fresh listing? I'd like to see the current glaring bugs fixed the current leaderboard archived wihile still being accessible for historical reasons or just plain old kudos.

People may argue against that but they aren't really happy with the current setup

As sty says,

Just sayin

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
My thinking is what would it take it archive the current database and wipe the slate clean, sure people have worked hard for their current rankings but if they still find pinball fun is it really gonna stop them going for a fresh listing? I'd like to see the current glaring bugs fixed the current leaderboard archived wihile still being accessible for historical reasons or just plain old kudos.

People may argue against that but they aren't really happy with the current setup

As sty says,

Just sayin

I would agree for some tables e.g. like Centigrade, Jacks Open, Totan. Yet it would not solve the problem of the bad support from Farsight. A solution for a few weeks under this conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.