Currently rocking PS4 Ripley's on twitch.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
On Ripley's, you have to always tilt away the bonus to avoid that fake-game-over bug. Every ball. No exceptions. This works reliably on PC and it is the only method that does.

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014
It's crappy that your huge mega score didn't register, Ripleys is one sensitive bi*ch when it comes to this. At least part of it went through to give you a very nice 4th. I really like RBION, but i think it could be the most bugged out table of all. Viking is right, but that method doesn't solve everything. You still get multiball issues (a one ball frog frenzy) and game ending disappearing balls. I know PC/PS4 are affected, I'm not sure about PS3 and the rest. Congrats again fellow Brit :)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
On Ripley's, you have to always tilt away the bonus to avoid that fake-game-over bug. Every ball. No exceptions. This works reliably on PC and it is the only method that does.

Hopefully they can fix this soon. I had the same thing happen to me albeit not nearly as high of a score. I didn't know about the tilt workaround.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Strange never had an issue with Ripleys. But that is maybe because I score to low. At least I got all wizard goals on it lol.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Well done. All I can say is, Ugh. I know how it goes.

A couple of months ago I tried a couple of score runs. On the last one I know I beat my best but I don't remember by how much. I'm thinking I was at about 49-69 billion because I remember beating my score at the 39b point rollover and I remember a couple of more rollovers. (This game was played over a few different sessions and i was probably drinking too. My PS3 hates me now. It doesn't play discs anymore.) I was on my way to a 100b game. I had 5 extra balls on ball one. (I got 6.5b on my true first ball alone. New record for me.) My tour bonus is at 2billion, when 2X'd, and bonuses are maxed as can be. And then...

I get an Atlantis. I work to get my first Atlantis super jackpot. I get it. Cool. I work for my second. Cool cool. And now for a third one. I shoot the ball up the center to the temple to light the super jackpot. Boom! The flippers go dead and I watch my spheres disappear down the drain. The DMD thinks nothing has happened. The attendant does nothing. I can't even tilt out.
All I can do is quit. My previous score attempt ended the same way. The only things I noticed was that on one try the playfield lights stayed on. On the other one they did not. But I did notice that when I made the killing shot up the center ramp, on both attempts, the temple led lights were totally out.

So, don't shoot up the center ramp when there are no LED lights at the temple lit up on an Atlantis super jackpot run.

Last edited:

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014

A couple of months ago I tried a couple of score runs. On the last one I know I beat my best but I don't remember by how much. I'm thinking I was at about 49-69 billion because I remember beating my score at the 39b point rollover and I remember a couple of more rollovers. (This game was played over a few different sessions and i was probably drinking too. My PS3 hates me now. It doesn't play discs anymore.) I was on my way to a 100b game. I had 5 extra balls on ball one. (I got 6.5b on my true first ball alone. New record for me.) My tour bonus is at 2billion, when 2X'd, and bonuses are maxed as can be. And then...

I get an Atlantis. I work to get my first Atlantis super jackpot. I get it. Cool. I work for my second. Cool cool. And now for a third one. I shoot the ball up the center to the temple to light the super jackpot. Boom! The flippers go dead and I watch my spheres disappear down the drain. The DMD thinks nothing has happened. The attendant does nothing. I can't even tilt out.
All I can do is quit. My previous score attempt ended the same way. The only things I noticed was that on one try the playfield lights stayed on. On the other one they did not. But I did notice that when I made the killing shot up the center ramp, on both attempts, the temple led lights were totally out.

So, don't shoot up the center ramp when there are no LED lights at the temple lit up on an Atlantis super jackpot run.

War......It's a good job you were drinking,that must have been pretty soul destroying.... That might actually have been enough to put me of video pinball, for life. Best I've had before It craps out is around 4b, but with the tricky work building the bonus up done, and plenty of head room for mistakes with extra balls. I still remember how that really really pi**ed me off. lol.

There's quite a lot of things in Ripleys that will go wrong for us at different times and with no way to avoid them all. I think I'm going to stay clear of the table for now, until it's (hopefully) had some attention. I bet it can't be an easy fix, so much stuff going on. Very complex

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012

Not really an issue for me. I've had the game crap out (due to a lost ball game ender like on other tables) on multiball a few times. I trap a ball on the left flipper and let the rest drain till it's over. Same with Rip Off.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.